PDA

View Full Version : Man Vs. Wild

sparks19
07-23-2007, 01:53 PM
Anyone seen this show?

I LOVE it. it's on the Discovery Channel. This guy does some crazy stuff lol

Marigold2
07-23-2007, 07:39 PM
Oh I adore Bear. He's tough, cool, wise, brave, intelligent and not bad on the eyes.

BitsyNaceyDog
07-23-2007, 08:38 PM
Justin and I watch it.
Do you watch Survivorman? That guy doesn't have a camera crew, he carries, sets up, and films everything himself.

Sirrahsim
07-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Bear Grylls is a babe :cool: :D The show is really cool though I always wonder how the camera crew manages to follow him when he is in some of his predicaments!

sparks19
07-23-2007, 10:07 PM
Bear Grylls is a babe :cool: :D The show is really cool though I always wonder how the camera crew manages to follow him when he is in some of his predicaments!

I thinkt he camera crew are also survival experts.... if you notice during the credits it never lists "Camera men" it lists "survival experts"

But yeah he is definitely easy to watch ;)

Sirrahsim
07-23-2007, 10:31 PM
hmm I didn't know that about the crew. I always change the channel before the credits come on. Interesting :)

RICHARD
07-24-2007, 12:41 AM
I draw the line at drinking urine.

WWBGD?

neko1
07-24-2007, 05:57 AM
OOOO I love that show! :)

dukedogsmom
07-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Me too! I love that show and also Survivorman. But Bear is a real cutie to watch. He also does lots of crazy stuff.

Christiansmommy
07-24-2007, 09:06 PM
Love, love, love Bear Grylls!!!! He is amazing. I LOVE his voice too. Actually, he could do any show, and it could be about nothing and I would still watch, lol :), but yeah, he is amazing with his "skills"!! :)

Lady's Human
07-24-2007, 09:22 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/televisionNews/idUSN2439321520070724

Sirrahsim
07-24-2007, 10:08 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/televisionNews/idUSN2439321520070724

Who cares if the show isn't 100% accurate?? The fact of the matter is that he is *capable* of doing anything that we might see him doing. Any man who can successfully climb Everest gets a whole lot of respect in my book. The fact that he was only 23 at the time makes his accomplishment even more noteworthy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_Grylls

wombat2u2004
07-24-2007, 10:14 PM
Who cares if the show isn't 100% accurate?? The fact of the matter is that he is *capable* of doing anything that we might see him doing. Any man who can successfully climb Everest gets a whole lot of respect in my book. The fact that he was only 23 at the time makes his accomplishment even more noteworthy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_Grylls

Yup....his credentials say it all....eh ???
He must be one tough cookie to even make it into SAS.
Wom

Lady's Human
07-24-2007, 10:14 PM
ANY SF soldier, or ranger, or many regular grunts could do anything on that show, and do it without spending the night in a comfy hotel room. In fact, most have done it.

I guess I set the bar of reality a little too high.

wombat2u2004
07-24-2007, 10:33 PM
ANY SF soldier, or ranger, or many regular grunts could do anything on that show, and do it without spending the night in a comfy hotel room. In fact, most have done it.

I guess I set the bar of reality a little too high.

Hmmmmmm....yeah !!!! But we are both old soldiers.....and know that sleeping on guard duty sometimes happens.
Wom

Lady's Human
07-25-2007, 08:12 AM
The first (and only) time I was caught sleeping on guard duty my squad leader took corrective action. A Buttstroke to the helmet at 0 dark 30 will certainly provide a learning experience one never forgets.

sparks19
07-25-2007, 09:26 AM
Well... to be honest....

Anyone who has a parachuting accident and breaks his back in three places and recovers to be able to DO any of this stuff gets bonus points in my books. How many have done that? ;)

And while maybe anyone with the training can do what he does on the show.... MANY MANY MANY people that get stuck in those situations do NOT have the training. That is the point of the show.... to show the untrained that get lost and stuck out in the middle of these conditions how they can survive. To show that if you really have the will to survive.... ANYONE CAN do it. He's not trying to show that survival is out of reach.... instead he is trying to show that anyone can do it with just a little knowledge.

wombat2u2004
07-25-2007, 09:43 AM
Yeah....I think a lot of people could learn from that guy. I remember once hearing about a lady who put her trousers on back to front and then almost went to work that day........I mean....sheesh....who would do a thing like that ??? I think that person needs to watch Grylls more than anyone !!!!! :D
Wom

wombat2u2004
07-25-2007, 09:47 AM
The first (and only) time I was caught sleeping on guard duty my squad leader took corrective action. A Buttstroke to the helmet at 0 dark 30 will certainly provide a learning experience one never forgets.

HAH !!! I bet that had the old eardrums ringing for a while !!!!! :D
The only time I was caught, I missed out on the next weekends leave with my girlfriend....I had to do Sat / Sun.
Wom

sparks19
07-25-2007, 09:54 AM
Yeah....I think a lot of people could learn from that guy. I remember once hearing about a lady who put her trousers on back to front and then almost went to work that day........I mean....sheesh....who would do a thing like that ??? I think that person needs to watch Grylls more than anyone !!!!! :D
Wom

lol actually I heard she made it all the way to work before she could turn her pants around. I mean... what kind of moron would do that :D

wombat2u2004
07-25-2007, 10:02 AM
lol actually I heard she made it all the way to work before she could turn her pants around. I mean... what kind of moron would do that :D

A bead stringer ??? Maybe ???? :D

sparks19
07-25-2007, 10:03 AM
A bead stringer ??? Maybe ???? :D

LOL....

Hey.... does putting ones pants on backwards count as dyslexia?

wombat2u2004
07-25-2007, 10:08 AM
LOL....

Hey.... does putting ones pants on backwards count as dyslexia?

Could be.....sounds a bit more like Alzheimers to me.
You know Sparksy......ya shoved your head right into it.....everytime you mention about my sequined pink panties....I'm going to say "At least I put them on the right way !!!!" HAH !!!!!
Hehehehehee :p

sparks19
07-25-2007, 10:09 AM
Could be.....sounds a bit more like Alzheimers to me.
You know Sparksy......ya shoved your head right into it.....everytime you mention about my sequined pink panties....I'm going to say "At least I put them on the right way !!!!" HAH !!!!!
Hehehehehee :p

LMAO

Touche

RICHARD
07-25-2007, 01:34 PM

I bet the light show was pretty startling :eek: :rolleyes:

-------------

I guess he could avoid all the bad publicity by staying at home?
Or not getting on the helicopter? ;)