PDA

View Full Version : A little update on Sadie :)

Genny
07-22-2007, 01:01 AM
I introduced Sadie (Great Pyrenees pup) to the baby ducks today. They aren't teeny tiny babies, but they aren't fully grown/have all their feathers and not as big as the grown muscovies, but they're getting there ;) Anyway, when I showed them to Sadie she totally ignored them. I've been letting her go w/ me to feed/water the big ducks each day so she'll learn to accept them and love & guard them when she gets grown. She has been good with them so far ;) and I usually just hang out in the front yard with Sadie, the cats & ducks for about an hour or longer each day so she can have some time with them, then I carry Sadie back to the back yard when we're done.

Today when she first saw the babies she just walked right past them. I called her and knelt down and pet one of the babies and also pet Sadie at the same time...she was really sweet...no chasing or anything which made me very happy!

She has tried to play with the bigger ducks a few times, but I say 'NO, Sadie!' in a stern voice (I never hit her or anything just yell in a stern voice and she stops and comes to me.. which is pretty good, right? :)

Anyway, back to today, I was giving the baby ducks some bread and Sadie started eating with them. One of the babies pecked her and she took off running away from it :) LOL Anyway I stayed out w/ her over 2 hours and we had a good time and she was very sweet and gentle. She's only 4 months old, so I know to never trust her or leave her with anything yet, but she's doing pretty well and I'm glad because we really want her to be a good guard dog and love the rest of the animals... She already loves Reese (the goat and loves loves loves the cats!!!

Anyway, just thought I'd let ya'll know how she was..I know I haven't got pictures yet, but I'm trying!! My scanner is broken so I can't actually scan any pictures yet and my Digital Camera is working, but I haven't made any with it..guess I need to and quit waiting to see if I can get my scanner fixed LOL... well I'll talk to everyone later! Hope you all enjoy hearing about Sadie!

Daisy and Delilah
07-22-2007, 07:44 AM
What a sweetheart!! Can't wait to see pics of her. This is one of my favorite breeds :)