PDA

View Full Version : favor ideas?

Almita
07-22-2007, 12:26 AM
My mom and another lady are in charge of my brother's and sister-in-law's baby shower. We were trying to find some good favor ideas for gifts, or just little cute things for the table.

It's a boy that my brother and SIN are going to have. Also the theme is a little train.

I am thinking of making little cookies shaped as trains, but i need to buy the cookie cutter for that.

Just wondering since many ladies here in PT has had cute little ones, wondering if you had any nic efavor ideas that you might have done for your baby shower.

thanks in advance
almita

Karen
07-22-2007, 01:55 AM
About how many people do you expect? I know some things, but some are either labor-intensive, or time-consuming ...

Almita
07-22-2007, 04:35 PM
There are about 15-20 guests who will be going.

Karen
07-22-2007, 04:43 PM
Oh, so you can make train cookies - get a box-car shaped cutter, and you can put each person's name on the boxcars, and use them as table-decoration/place cards. The engine and caboose can be mom and dad and baby!

You may be able to find little train beads if you have a bead store nearby, a bead and a length of ribbon and - tada! You have a bookmark - bead on one end, and tie a knot on the other. I have a froggy bookmark from a friend's baby shower that was done that way. And you can also use them/hand them out in a unique way - if you have a game you are going to play that involves pen and paper, roll up the piece of paper, and use the ribbon bookmark to tie it in a tube. People can then each take one to do the game, and keep the bookmark.

A fun "favor" from that same shower as the bookmarks were the pens. The auntie had just bought a whole bunch of inexpensive ballpoint pens, some silk flowers, and florist's tape. She used each pen as a "stem, and wrapped the flower to the top, then put them all in a vase, so it looked like a centerpiece, but was actually a favor for us to use and then take!

Almita
07-22-2007, 04:50 PM
Oh thank you Karen, that is a good idea. My mother was wondering if you have a picture of the bookmark from the baby shower you were talking about. So she can have an idea to what it looks like.

Karen
07-22-2007, 04:56 PM
I'll take one and post it later, okay? Don't have one handy, it's in a book upstairs at the moment, but I do have my new camera ...

Almita
07-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Okay that's fine. Thank you Karen for the ideas! :)

Freedom
07-22-2007, 06:28 PM
More ideas.

This place sells train shaped suckers. You use those, and add whatever you want. Maybetie a small bag on the stick of the pop, using blue tulle and the candy coated almonds.

Train shaped suckers, 12 pieces for $5.95.

http://www.orientaltrading.com/application?namespace=browse&origin=searchMain.jsp&event=link.itemDetails&demandPrefix=12&sku=70/1808&mode=Searching&erec=14&No=0&D=Train%2Bparty&Ntt=Train%2Bparty&Ntk=all&Dx=mode%252bmatchallpartial&Ntx=mode%252bmatchallpartial&N=0&sd=TRAIN+SHAPED+SUCKERS+%2812PC%29

Lots of things came up on ebay;; most were Thomas the Tank Engine. But this looked interesting, as it is something you may design yourself on your computer, especially if you have a color printer. Obviously your words would be the baby shower.

http://cgi.ebay.com/20-TRAIN-Birthday-Party-Baby-Shower-Favors-Tags_W0QQitemZ330148375942QQihZ014QQcategoryZ26392 QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Have fun!

Karen
07-22-2007, 08:02 PM
Here are two pictures of my froggie bookmark - I forgot there's a bead on the other end, too. The pictures aren't great, but you get the idea. I'm still learning to use my new camera! The first picture, it is in use, the second picture is the whole bookmark.

Chica
07-22-2007, 08:37 PM
Go to a party store and look what they have for a baby shower. :)