PDA

View Full Version : NOW my brother tells me....

catnapper
07-21-2007, 10:17 PM
I was on the hunt for affordable glasses for weeks. I got my new ones last week. So what link does he send me today, along with personal testimony of how awesome his glasses are? Check this place out: Zenni Optical (http://zennioptical.com/cart/home.php)

I already want to order a pair or two... this is the pair I am trying to order but I don't know what the distance is between my pupils glasses (http://zennioptical.com/cart/product.php?productid=229&cat=23&page=1#largeimage) . Can't hurt, $30 for upgraded glasses.

RedHedd
07-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Hmm .... perhaps call JCP or your doctor to get the measurement? That site looks interesting!

Of course I just got my new prescription from JCP too (my eye docs FINALLY got it right - I've been going through major eye issues this year and even had an eye surgery which worked fantastically so I can't really blame the docs. I've had three (or four? I forget) different prescriptions already this year. Today my AARP package arrived and I found out I could have gotten an extra 30% off from JCP with my AARP membership! Dang! Oh well, JCP was very reasonable for me through all my eye changes this year so I can't complain too much. The quality of their product and services is excellent IMHO.

Catsnclay
07-22-2007, 01:24 PM
Kim-

Your eye doctor will have that information, sometimes they put it on the Rx.

Although this seems like a great deal, I have some worries: How do you pick the right frame without trying it on?? And how do you get it adjusted once it arrives? If you wear multifocal lens, those lines need to be just right, or it will bother you!

Many moons ago I worked for an eye surgeon, and there was an optician next door (same company) so I would fill in for vacations or days off. The fit is most important - you are going to be wearing these glasses 12 + hours a day - make sure they fit right!!

I would first go shopping, write down the style/manufactor and size of the frame you like, then see if this site carries it. Other wise it sounds like a smoking deal.

catnapper
07-22-2007, 01:33 PM
Bunny, after trying on literally hundreds of frames in different shops I got a real good feel for what shapes, colors, and sizes fit me right. You will have to adjust them when you get them, but any eyeglass shop will do that for you for free (or at least they all do that around here). Its definitely not for everybody. It is a leap of faith and you will have to do some work. I have all the numbers except my pupil dimension, but JCPenney has that so I can ask them. I'm willing to try it once.... at the cheapest point, you're $9 including shipping for a complete pair of no-frills glasses.... you can't lose too badly :p

My brother said he bought half a dozen frames from there already and all of them are perfect, no problem. My brother is a tough cookie -- if you can impress him, you've done a great job.

I also did a search for reviews on them and for the most part, everyone is quite pleased with their glasses. I think that my prescription including thin lenses and frames for $30 is an awesome deal. I'm going to try them in a few months (I need to at least use my new ones first ;))

catnapper
08-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Got my cheapo glasses this morning! :D

I must say, these are a million times nicer than I expected. The lenses are super-thin without upgrading and I am more than happy. :)

Now.... if only I wasn't STUPID and clicked on the wrong pair to order, everything would be fabulous! I had two pairs I liked and noticed the one pair was smaller (even the description noted it was a small pair) and I stupidly purchased the smaller pair. Shame on me :o It was only $12.95 including the shipping so its not a huge loss, and I can definately wear them without anyone gasping in shock. I just ordered the pair I really wanted and I'm sure these will be the perfect size.