PDA

View Full Version : Our New Rescue Kitties, UPDATE AFTER ALTERING

Reachoutrescue
07-21-2007, 05:55 PM
It has been a while since I have posted in Cat General. I apologize for being gone for a while, but things were crazy here for a bit.

Well, now I am back and I have two new rescue kitties. They are from a lady that just had WAY too many cats. Her cat is not spayed and she lets the cat run around the neighborhood, so of course she is going to get pregnant. Well, the cat had 7 babies. The lady found homes for one of them. I took two, she is keeping two (which I am not happy about) and her son took two. I maybe taking those two as well. I am also taking the mother next week. I was going to take her when I took these two but she was wondering the streets and we could not find her. The lady thinks she is pregnant again. Anyway.

These two girls are so sweet. They were born on March 11th. When I got them home, I gave them a flea bath, they were COVERED in fleas. I also gave them frontline and a dewormer. They go in on Wed. for spaying, testing, and shots, then I will post them online. Here they are.....

This is Lily, she is a little timid, but not too bad. She is such a sweetie though.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/JulyRescues023.jpg

This is Lola. She is a constant purrer!! My Aunt may be adopting her.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/JulyRescues021.jpg

The two girls together.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/JulyRescues022-1.jpg

I will post pics of the mom when I get her.

Catty1
07-21-2007, 05:58 PM
HOW CUTE!

I hope you can get the mom cat...what is with that owner??? Is the lady going to surrender her?

Also - has all your rescue licensing come through? :)

Reachoutrescue
07-21-2007, 06:03 PM
HOW CUTE!

I hope you can get the mom cat...what is with that owner??? Is the lady going to surrender her?

Also - has all your rescue licensing come through? :)
The lady is just a strange one. She decided to keep the other two kittens, one very striking charcol male, and another orange female. She has agreed to let me take them in and alter them. I told her I will do that for free, she just has to pay for the shots and testing. She told me I can take the mother because she "causes too many problems" by having litters. I said if you spay her that won't happen. She said for me just to take her. Her oldest son, about 17 said if I don't he will shoot her, so I am taking her. People are just INSANE!!

I did finally get my license and am in the process of renewal. I am working on a building with the Chicagoland Bully Breed Rescue. Hopefully we can find one and I will run it untill I get my 501, then it will be solely mine. I will keep you posted on that. Thanks for remembering. :)

krazyaboutkatz
07-21-2007, 07:53 PM
They sure are adorable and I hope that they'll both receive a clean bill of health and find their new loving forever homes quickly.:)

The lady sounds like a nutcase and a hoarder to me.:mad: I hope that you'll be able to find the mama cat and get her spayed and then adoped into the loving home that she deserves. Good luck.:)

rg_girlca
07-22-2007, 02:27 PM
Hi Tracey. Nice to see you back. :D Those two fosters are so adorable.
In regards to that woman, I hate people who use their animals as breeding machines and have no concerns for their health or well being. :mad:

Reachoutrescue
07-22-2007, 05:21 PM
I am hoping I can get the mom. I called the lady today and left a message, no return phone call yet. The orange kitten is going to my Aunt's mom next Sunday after spaying and shots. The other one will go online this week. I will update you about mama as soon as I know something.

CultureJunky
07-23-2007, 05:09 AM
Oh what sweeties, look at the fur in Lola's ears! how cute is that, great job Tracey, I wish you luck in getting the others and getting them adopted to safe happy forever homes :)

Hellow
07-23-2007, 06:59 AM
Hi Tracey. Nice to see you back. :D Those two fosters are so adorable.
In regards to that woman, I hate people who use their animals as breeding machines and have no concerns for their health or well being. :mad:
So do i! It is called people trying to run a minature kitten mill.:mad:

Nice to see you back!

Reachoutrescue
07-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Thanks everybody for the nice welcoming back. Well, the girls are spayed. I was able to take the other two kittens and the mother in as well, she was not pregnant thank goodness. All went well. I flea treated the two and mom and had to give them back, as badly as I didn't want to, I don't have the power to seize them. I know they will be covered in fleas again, but for now they are clean and no more babies will be "accidently" born from those cats.

As for the two here, the lil' orange one, who is now named Taffy (was Lola) will be going home Saturday to live with my Aunt's mom who is 76. She is so excited to have a friend to share her one bedroom retirement apt. with. As for Lily, the tortie, I will be putting her online in the next day or two. So far a clean bill of health for both, they were both spayed, vaccinated, microchipped, and tested negative for FELV/FIV. At least two of the bunch are happy.

I snapped these two pics today. Aren't they precious?

I love Taffy's lil' tuffs behind her ears!
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/July262007003.jpg

Lily loves my son's bed.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/July262007002.jpg

catmandu
07-26-2007, 07:10 PM
Awwww!!!
What A Sweet Pair Of Faces.
We Are Praying That They Can Get Thier Gotcha Days Very Soon And Find Thier Furr Ever Homes.

krazyaboutkatz
07-27-2007, 12:14 AM
I'm glad to hear that everything went well and that you were also able to spay the mother and 2 other kittens.:) It's great that your aunt's mom will be adopting Taffy and I hope that her sister Lily will find a wonderful new loving home too.:)