PDA

View Full Version : A few prayers, please. For Mr. Meow. ultrasound results 8--2--07

jenluckenbach
07-21-2007, 03:14 PM
My new foster, the flame point himmy/ragdoll will NOT eat.:( He's depressed and I am stressed. :eek:

I have been force feeding him, but looking at his weight from 1 month ago (reported by the shelter he came from) and this week (at the vet's) he has lost 3.5-4 pounds! :eek: That is HORRIBLE!

My vet gave him some cypro. it is a decongestant (the boy has been sneezing) but it also has the effect of appetite stimulant. He has had 2 so far. I sure hope I can get him to eat something on his own tonight.

The vet says he doesn't look that sick and he has no temperature. She sasid the Siamese types often GIVE UP! OMG, please don't give up! I love you!!

Catty1
07-21-2007, 03:19 PM
:( oh JEN!

He is so beautiful - MR MEOW, WE LOVE YOU!!!

I wonder if even a temporary antidepressant might help?

Also with sniffles - he can't smell the food well.

PRAYERS for MR MEOW. We've had enough Bridge Babies lately. We need a Phred prayer too!

Jen - my mom's late Pyka was Oriental/Siamese. Mom and I were saying how many "pyka-isms" he still had, even up to today at the vet's.

He had had this cancer for almost a year, I am sure - and he did not give up. So you tell Mr M that I am not giving up on him! And you aren't either!

And Nancy Efrusy is away on holidays! But if it was urgent - maybe she can find out what would help Mr Meow. [email protected] It doesn't hurt to try!

HUGS!

My mom just went through the not eating thing - for a month before Pyka's surgery - I so understand this as it was a panic on me too.

Here's hoping the med helps his sniffles and appetite!

Killearn Kitties
07-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Mr Meow, all my girls have their paws crossed for you. We love you and are rooting for you!
Keep on keeping on, Mr meow!

columbine
07-21-2007, 04:35 PM
Catnip is an appetite stimulant, and might cheer him up a little too.

Tell that sweet little sunbeam that he's living proof that life is good!

Love, Columbine

krazyaboutkatz
07-21-2007, 06:22 PM
Jen, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I hope he'll start eating soon. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

jenluckenbach
07-21-2007, 06:24 PM
No appetite tonight yet. :( I am so afraid I am not going to force feed him enough. :(

If you all could just see how super sweet, and calm, and wonderful he is.

Catty1
07-21-2007, 06:30 PM
When we were syringe-feeding Pyka, we were told to work up to 1 can and 1/4 per day. These are the cans that are a bit flatter and bigger than the Fancy Feast cans.

If Mr Meow is around 10 lbs normal weight, use that as a guideline. Or give your vet a quick call and ask how much he should be getting.

I am wondering about Feliway...anything that might help his mood...

Some subQ fluids might perk his appetite, if he is feeling a bit dehydrated.

Queen of Poop
07-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Come on little fella, you gotta eat!!! Even just a little. Please!!!!!!

jenluckenbach
07-21-2007, 06:42 PM
The vet said his hydration was good. Never suggested fluids (and she knows I can give them)

Believe it or not, she said about 15-20 ml a couple of times a day. but that does NOT see like a lot at all! :eek:

SIGH. If he won't eat by Monday, she wants blood work. Not a bad idea, but I sure wish he would just EAT!

jenluckenbach
07-21-2007, 06:43 PM
The vet said his hydration was good. Never suggested fluids (and she knows I can give them)

Believe it or not, she said about 15-20 ml a couple of times a day. but that does NOT see like a lot at all! :eek:

SIGH. If he won't eat by Monday, she wants blood work. Not a bad idea, but I sure wish he would just EAT!

Catty1
07-21-2007, 06:54 PM
I am sure you tried a few foods, but....is it possible that he is picky and doesn't like the food?

And he has sniffles, so all I can think about is trying really stinky stuff under his nose...

And are his teeth ok?

(I am sure you checked these...but just wondered.)

EAT, BABY BOY!

jenluckenbach
07-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Yup, I checked his teeth twice and the vet said they only have a little tartar. YES, I suppose he is finicky. I have tried several things. not sure what else will convince him to eat, but I will keep searching.

Freedom
07-21-2007, 07:29 PM
Smelly tuna, some salmon, I think someone else with a sick kitty is feeding baby food? How worrisome. Prayers coming to you both!

jenluckenbach
07-21-2007, 07:39 PM
baby food....NOPE. Tuna.....NOPE. Fancy Feast canned, several varieties.....NOPE.
Cheese.....NOPE. Crab stick.......NOPE. Burger......NOPE.
canned a/d......NOPE. Fancy Feast dry...... NOPE. Kitten food, 2 varieties.....NOPE.
4 other types of dry food......NOPE

SIGH. :(

Catty1
07-21-2007, 09:01 PM
:(

Does he sniff the stuff - or just ignore it???

Just a long shot - what did he eat where he came from?

Green beans and corn, with your luck...

emily_the_spoiled
07-22-2007, 04:08 PM
15 to 20 mls is just over one tablespoon. I doubt very much that is enough food for him (if he were willing to eat).

Maybe like Gary's cat's he is a fan of KFC???

jenluckenbach
07-22-2007, 06:58 PM
Panic mode. :( He's gonna DIE! He won't eat and I can't stop crying.

I gave even more food via the syringe tonight, and after his morning FORCING I will call the vet again.

I am so depressed. :(

Medusa
07-22-2007, 07:42 PM
How about some ground chicken? That usually works around here when of my furkids won't eat. Here's wishing you the best, Jen. Hang in there.

Catty1
07-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Jen...OMG, I hope something miraculous happens! PT PRAYERS to Mr Meow...

Pyka had a feeding tube put in, but we didn't have to use it, it was removed.

I mean...did the shelter have any problems? What did he eat there?

I hope the blood work shows SOMETHING...any clue....

But seriously - I know you are panicking, it took my mom two long frustrating years to find out what was wrong with her beloved cat!

Have you talked to the shelter? Clutching at straws, maybe...

MR MEOW. Please eat, please be alive....your meowmie loves you so much...we all do.

JEN - try emailing this guy. Basic stuff is free...he seems nice. http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=130834

Medusa
07-23-2007, 08:12 AM
How are things this morning w/Mr. Meow and you, Jen?

jenluckenbach
07-23-2007, 09:12 AM
Meow is going to the vet this afternoon.

RedHedd
07-23-2007, 09:15 AM
Mr. Meow! PLEASE EAT SOMETHING! This is your Russian aunt in San Francisco DEMANDING that you start eating! Please?

Catty1
07-23-2007, 09:44 AM
Oh, Jen...I hope all is ok...I hope Mr M isn't headed for the Bridge...but you and the vet are in the best position to know what's happening and what to do.

BIG prayers! HUGS!

One last thought....is he constipated by any chance? Hope it could be as simple as that - no room?

krazyaboutkatz
07-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Jen, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I hope that the vet will be able to find out what's causing him not to eat and that it's not serious. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

When my RB Pepper became very sick one time he was constipated and this made him stop eating so maybe Candace is right and this is what it could be.

jazzcat
07-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Oh my gosh Jen, I'm just now seeing this. I'll be sending lots of prayers and good thoughts for Mr. Meow. I sure hope the vet can help him and it's not a case of depression and broken heart.

Please Mr. Meow, eat something! Your foster meowmie loves you and can make you very happy again.

Donnaj4962
07-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Oh my.... I am just now seeing this. Many, many prayers coming from Indiana that the vet can find the problem and get the sweet widdle one fixed!

You are doing all that you can Jen! You are such a wonderful foster meowmie!

I will check back to see what the vet had to say.

Killearn Kitties
07-23-2007, 01:07 PM
Jen, I am so hoping that the vet can help Mr Meow.

Catty1
07-23-2007, 01:14 PM
I am SO hoping it was something simple that metamucil might help....

more prayers!

Jen you are doing great, everything you can possibly do for Mr Meow. You are a great kitty mom!

kimlovescats
07-23-2007, 01:31 PM
Mr. Meow... PLEASE EAT!!! Jen, this sounds just like what happened with my Bobo. He literally was starving to death. Have you tried giving him some Nutri-Cal just to give him a bit of energy? Gosh, I know exactly how frustrated and desperate you are after having fought this same battle for sooooo long with Bobo.

Hoping to hear something encouraging from your vet today!

Hugs,
Kim

cassiesmom
07-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Please eat, sweet boy. JenL, did he have any health problems when he came to you? (thyroid or diabetes or anything that might give him less of an appetite)

jenluckenbach
07-23-2007, 02:08 PM
Not constipated. He just left a perfectly normal poop. ;)

I have been force feeding him with a mixture that INCLUDES the nutrical. :)

He was a stray at a shelter. All I know is that he was not eating, but then he started eating, but then he moved to me and stopped eating again.

The appointment is in 45 minutes. Hopefully the blood work will show something FAST!

Catty1
07-23-2007, 02:17 PM
Poor baby. I wonder how long it took him to start eating at the shelter?

Jen, you know when he starts eating again, well, he'll just have to stay with you! ;)

Also - there was a food Pyka was on, it's for recovering cats. Hill's AD. Ask the vet about that, and maybe try a can on him. Whatever you can get into him, it is packed with lots of nutrition.

HUGS!

Anikaca77
07-23-2007, 02:23 PM
My prays for Mr. Meow to be healthy soon and start eatting!!

Craftlady
07-23-2007, 03:18 PM
He might be depressed due to the change in location from shelter to your house. Once he got use to the shelter he started eating. However, came to your house and stopped. There's a pattern here, I would believe.
I'm guessing in a short time he will calm down and adjust and start eating again.

jenluckenbach
07-23-2007, 04:12 PM
First off, the shelter told us he began eating, but I am seriously doubting it. I don't think they meant to be deceptive, but this cat lost 4 pounds in a month's time!

The vet drew blood and did xrays.

She palpated his abdomen. He is tender and she feels a thickening. This thickening is NOT poops, as shown by the xray.

The blood test results come in tomorrow, but she reminded me that an organ must be 75% bad before the enzyme levels are elevated. So, it may or may not show what is really wrong.

The next step may be an ultrasound. but I fear that this will only tell us what I already know.........he's going to die. :(

I'll be continuing to force him to eat. but he lost 5 ounces just since Friday. :( :(

Felicia's Mom
07-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Sending more prayers for Mr. Meow!

Catty1
07-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Jen...I know just how much you love that little guy!

Please give that little chatterbox some hugs for me, and the prayers will keep coming!

{{hugs}}

catmandu
07-23-2007, 06:06 PM
That has to be the most frustrating thing in the World than wanting your Pet to be well and happy.
You try everything to get them on the right track and slowly watch as they get iller. We are praying as hard as we can that Mr Meow will be a survivor.

phesina
07-23-2007, 06:29 PM
We are all praying hard that Mr. Meow will start eating and the vet will find what has been ailing him and know how to cure it. God please be good to this precious, beloved boy and his person who loves him so dearly.

Big hugs to you, Jen, and gentle pets to Mr. Meow. You are doing everything that can be done to keep him going. We are all with you, sending our prayers and healing energies.

Pat and cats

Donnaj4962
07-23-2007, 10:35 PM
Poor you and poor Mr. Meow. Please remember that youa re doing all that you can for him. Many more (((hugs))) and prayers coming from me and the girls in Indiana.

krazyaboutkatz
07-23-2007, 11:20 PM
Jen, I'm sorry to hear that it may be very bad news.:( Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

jennielynn1970
07-24-2007, 02:39 AM
Holy crap, how did I miss all of this??!!

I hope the vet tests come back ok. Gosh. This is not good. I know Kathy was saying that the siamese at her place weren't eating and then she gave them MEOW MIX and they sucked it down (the dry stuff). So, it's not like they wanted gourmet food.

Can you try just basic, run of the mill food???

I'll be praying for the poor guy.

Killearn Kitties
07-24-2007, 07:50 AM
Jen, I will continue to keep absolutely everything crossed here for you and little Mr Meow.

Donnaj4962
07-24-2007, 09:15 AM
Checking in... wondering how Mr. Meow is today? I love the pictures in the post in Cat General! He sure is a looker!

Come on Mr. Meow, we all want you better. Puhleeeeze.. won't you eat something for your Jen??

columbine
07-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Maybe he'd try Solid Gold Blended Tuna? It's tuna with all the missing nutrients added back in. I haven't heard yet of a cat who could resist it.

Love, Columbine

Kirsten
07-24-2007, 12:03 PM
Oh no!!! Poor Mr. Meow, and poor you!!! I'll keep this little guy in my thoughts!

Kirsten

kuhio98
07-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Still saying prayers for Mr. Meow. Are the results in yet?

jenluckenbach
07-24-2007, 03:35 PM
no test results yet. :(

I can't say whether he has eaten today, because he is in with the fosters and there is food everywhere. At least if he wanted to eat, he could.

kimlovescats
07-24-2007, 05:21 PM
Jen, whatever is wrong with him might just be the reason he was left at the shelter in the first place. :( Whatever the outcome, you have blessed him with loving arms for these past days, weeks or however long he has been in your care.

Did the vet give any indication as to what the thickening might be? :confused:

jenluckenbach
07-25-2007, 06:22 PM
The good news is that the blood work looked OK and he is NOT jaundiced.

The bad news is that if he doesn't eat, force feeding alone may not save him from fatty liver disease. He'll need a feeding tube inserted to get the needed calories and nutrients into him. Since not all vets will do this procedure, he needs to wait until this Sat. Until then, it is continue to force feed and pray he eats.

After that, the next step is an ultrasound to determine IF there really is a mass and if so, WHAT is it?! Unfortunately, the best I could do appointment-wise was August 2nd. (that is why the feeding tube is going in) Ideally having the ultrasound sooner would be better, but you know how booked up these thigs can be. :(

And all of this may just end up telling us that there is nothing we can do to save him. :( :(

It is so hard to be so helpless.

If anyone cares to donate to One By One to help with these costs, please feel free to visit our website for info on Paypal or our mailing address.
www.1by1.petfinder.org.

Medusa
07-25-2007, 06:29 PM
God, this is awful. The poor little guy. What a tough go for such a little one. I'm sorry, Jen.

kimlovescats
07-25-2007, 07:01 PM
Gosh, the waiting and not knowing is sooooooo hard!

Hugs Jen!
Kim

krazyaboutkatz
07-25-2007, 11:38 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:) He'll continue to remain in my thoughts and prayers.

phesina
07-26-2007, 05:21 PM
So sorry you and Mr. Meow are going through all this and you have to wait so long to get answers.

We are hoping and praying that Mr. Meow can be treated and will recover.

Hugs and purrs,
Pat and cats

Catty1
07-26-2007, 07:04 PM
Can you continue to force feed him til Saturday? I know it is hard...but if he has had a poop in the last few hours, chances are he is munching a bit on his own?

Hugs and prayers!

jenluckenbach
07-26-2007, 07:11 PM
Can you continue to force feed him til Saturday? I know it is hard...but if he has had a poop in the last few hours, chances are he is munching a bit on his own?

Hugs and prayers!
I will definitely be force feeding him as long as needed. As a matter of fact, I have an inquiry in to the vet as to whether a feeding tube is actually necessary. I can continue to force feed him. Would a feeding tube be SO much better that it is a necesity?? (waiting on that answer)

He "seems" like he would eat, but then just looks and walks away.

By the way, THANK YOU forthe generous donation toward Mr. Meow's care! {{{HUG}}}

Catty1
07-26-2007, 07:21 PM
He "seems" like he would eat, but then just looks and walks away.

WEIRD...not scared of the bowl or anything...not raised on Royal Doulton china...I wish Nancy was back, and she could likely give you an idea why this is happening....

jenluckenbach
07-27-2007, 02:57 PM
We have decided NOT to have a feeding tube inserted in Mr. Meow.

After I gave it some thought, and then verified it with my vet (her partner vet suggested the tube) we decided that he won't get BETTER care with the tube in. He is easy to syringe feed and it is less invasive than having a tube shoved down your throat. I just didn't want to put him through more procedures than necessary (As long as force feeding was as good as the tube feedings would be.....I woudn't put him at risk in order to forego the procedure)

So, hopefully some time between now and Aug 2nd, the guy will start to eat on his own. (that is when he ges in for the ultasound).

So thanks Jennie, but no one will need to pick Meow up at the vet tomorrow. :)

jazzcat
07-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Just checking in for an update. I'm glad to hear he doesn't have to suffer with a feeding tube. He's very lucky to have you and your magic kitty touch Jen.

I'll be keeping him in my thoughts and checking for updates.

jenluckenbach
07-29-2007, 11:55 AM
Mr. Meow may not be eating on his own (still very puzzling), but I would have to say that he is doing very well otherwise. And he is SUCH a love bug. So calm, so sweet, loves the other cats, loves to be held and is no trouble to feed at all.

I may not have a magic touch that will save him, but I sure am going to try.

columbine
07-29-2007, 12:07 PM
Mr. Meow may not be eating on his own (still very puzzling), but I would have to say that he is doing very well otherwise. And he is SUCH a love bug. So calm, so sweet, loves the other cats, loves to be held and is no trouble to feed at all.

I may not have a magic touch that will save him, but I sure am going to try.Does he give you kisses? Does he have bad breath? I wonder if his tongue or teeth are bothering him. Anyway, I'm glad he's doing well! I think about him often. I'm sure he appreciates your taking the time to make sure his tummy's full!

As for a magic touch, I don't think there's any stronger magic in the world than love. :)

Love, Columbine

jenluckenbach
07-29-2007, 01:10 PM
Nope, not his teeth. But keep the ideas coming. We need all the help we can get.

jenluckenbach
08-02-2007, 03:17 PM
Mr. Meow had his ultrasound today. Findings indicate either irratable bowel disease or (early) cancer called lymphosarcoma. They found a large lymph nnode called mesenteric and thickening of the small bowel. Liver, stomach normal, heart an lungs sounds normal. And he has not lost more weight (and might have even gained a few ounces) since his weighing at my own vet.

So, I am going to be doing some research. Going to be asking my own vet about the findings. And I am going to pray.

Catty1
08-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Prayers are with you, Jen.

No wonder the poor baby had no appetite.

Whether it is IBS or early lymphoma...would oral prednisone at least take some swelling down for him?

Sorry if you have tried this already...I hope there is some treatment for him.

{[[HUGS}}}

"ETA: mes·en·ter·y (mzn-tr, ms-)
n. pl. mes·en·ter·ies
Any of several folds of the peritoneum that connect the intestines to the dorsal abdominal wall, especially such a fold that envelops the jejunum and ileum."

I know you will do all the research, Jen...but I wanted to check this...again, prayers for a hopeful course of treatment.

Medusa
08-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Aw, sweet boy. I'll be lighting a special candle for this little one tonight.

phesina
08-02-2007, 05:13 PM
Prayers and healing energies coming from us for Mr. Meow.

Love,
Pat and cats

kb2yjx
08-02-2007, 06:37 PM
O Jen!! This so reminds me of Ralph Syracuse last year!!! Needless to say, prayers for Mr. Meow and YOU!!!

jenluckenbach
08-02-2007, 06:57 PM
O Jen!! This so reminds me of Ralph Syracuse last year!!!
Oh yes, and Lucas. :(

Donnaj4962
08-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Oh my.... porr widdle one. And poor you. Many prayers from me and the girls in Indiana.

Catty1
08-02-2007, 08:38 PM
I hope a biopsy is possible to find out for sure...but waiting to hear what your vet thinks.

krazyaboutkatz
08-02-2007, 11:24 PM
Jen, I sure hope that Mr. Meow doesn't have cancer.:( Are you going to have a vet do a biopsy on him? Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

My cat Starr had a surgical biopsy and I believe that the vet also said that he had a slight thickening of his intestines. He has both colitis and severe food allergies. He's still on prednisolone in liquid form but it's not working as well any more so I'm taking him to a holistic vet next Thurs. I'll let you know how it goes.

jenluckenbach
08-03-2007, 05:20 AM
Mr. Meow is scheduled for an endoscopy with biopsy on Tues. The vet specialist said that he was going to do this (VERY EXPENSIVE) procedure for free, for 1by1.

God bless that wonderful man.

I really would not want 1by1 to spend $1800 on this because my intuition tells me that we will find out what we already know. I even asked the 1by1 director to talk tothis vet to confirm that he will not charge us. Because my own vet is ready to start depo to help shrink the tumor. (we cant use the pred or depo BEFORE endoscopy - if we go through with it- because it will affect the results)

So any way,for now I am still syringe feeding and loving on this cat.

kb2yjx
08-03-2007, 07:01 AM
That is one great vet to do the procedure for FREE!!!! BIG prayers heading for Mr. Meow and you!

Catty1
08-03-2007, 11:02 AM
That vet is a HERO!!!! HUGS to you and him and Mr. Meow.

I hope his condition turns out to be at least manageable. He seems so healthy and loving besides his lack of appetite, it seems worth treating this - JMO.

Give that lovebug head-kissies for me!

Is he a good boy at the vet? :)

jenluckenbach
08-03-2007, 05:24 PM
Change of strategy. Since BOTH IBD and lymphoma would be initially treated with the same medication (steroids) we are going to postpone the endoscopy and go right to the depo-medral injections hoping to shrink any imflammation and getting his appetite back. (WITHOUT the invasion of the endoscopy)

And yes, that vet is a wonderful person! He has done other things for 1by1 and their cats in the past.

I hope no one thinks we are jeopordizing Mr. Meow by not having the procedure, but I just feel we can't wait any longer to start treatment (and this WOULD alter results of any biopsy done during the endoscopy) in other words, it was wait and do endoscopy OR start treatment. And I just felt that at this point it doesn't matter what they find, treatment would proceed the same either way.

(sorry to ramble)

And yes, Mr. Meow is good at the vet, He is good EVERYWHERE!! for EVERYTHING.

Medusa
08-03-2007, 05:29 PM
I'm sure nobody thinks anything one way or the other about the treatment for Mr. Meow. Everyone knows of the love you give to all the furkids who come into your care. I sure hope things get better for him soon.

Catty1
08-03-2007, 06:10 PM
OH GOOD! I hope he gets his appetite back soon!

Jen - what's the difference between Depo-Provera and Prednisone? Is there a reason to choose one over the other?

HUGS little lovey boy! :)

jenluckenbach
08-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Depo-medro is an injectible. Prednisone is oral. They are the same medication = methylprednisolone. (from what I have been reading.)

The injection should last for about 3 weeks. I think the reason it is better is he gets the large dose at once instead of a pill per day for the 3 week period. But I am assuming. These are not he vets words.

http://www.medi-vet.com/DepoMedrol.aspx

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/prednisone.html

jennielynn1970
08-03-2007, 06:51 PM
My mom and dad's cat, Lucey, get the depo shots for her allergies. It works wonderfully for that.

cassiesmom
08-03-2007, 08:03 PM
I hope no one thinks we are jeopardizing Mr. Meow by not having the procedure.

Not at all, no reason to put him through an endoscopy if not absolutely necessary. Give him a hug and a snuggle for me. I hope it's not cancer. p.s. from a nurse :) Depo-Medrol is a long-acting injectable form of methylprednisolone - would you have to start him on oral prednisone at all, or if the first dose of Depo-Medrol is effective, could they just inject it once a month? Why pill him if not necessary?

krazyaboutkatz
08-04-2007, 02:08 AM
I hope that the depo will help him and that he'll gain his appetite back. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

I had asked my vet about giving Starr steroid shots and she said that it wouldn't be as effective as giving them to him orally. He's so hard to pill so this is why he's now on liquid pred.

jenluckenbach
08-04-2007, 06:14 AM
I did not syringe feed Mr Meow this morning. He needs to eat, but so far nothing. :( So I set him up in my 3 story cage with a great selection of foods. I told him he can come out when he eats. I pray that the depo shot and the new appetite stimulant pill I gave him yesterday will kick in sometime during the day.

Killearn Kitties
08-04-2007, 06:17 AM
I pray that the depo shot and the new appetite stimulant pill I gave him yesterday will kick in sometime during the day.
I have everything crossed in the hope that this little baby will eat soon.

Laura's Babies
08-04-2007, 07:28 AM
Aww Jen, I am so sorry you and Mr. Meow are going through this. I hope he gets back to eating and all his test results come out with good news...

I use to take Amy for those depo shots. As she matures her ability to get around got worse and she would look so miserable and that "spark" wouldn't be in her eyes. After the shots she wouldn't get around any better but she would get that spark back in her eyes and start playing again. It was easy to see she felt better.

kb2yjx
08-04-2007, 10:30 AM
Hey Mr Meow!!! SOunds like Mom has put out quite a buffet just for you!!! Please try to eat a little!!!!

Catty1
08-04-2007, 11:11 AM
PT Prayers that Mr. Meow eats! C'mon, buddy...meowmie can't always be there to feed you...and she promises LOTS of cuddles when you do! :)

Jen, I hope the DP shot will ease any pain or "feeling" in his tummy that he thinks he "can't eat". I guess an injection would take any inflammation down pretty quickly?

HUGS!

columbine
08-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Mmmmm! Oh, Mr. Meow, all that food smells soooooooo good! Surely it wouldn't hurt to try a little bit? And you know you'll get a big ol' cuddle when you do! Yum, tasty food...

Love, Columbine (you can borrow some of my appetite any time!)

jenluckenbach
08-04-2007, 03:20 PM
No success. :( Nothing was even touched. :(

I'll try again tonight with new temping items.

jennielynn1970
08-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Geez... he's a tough customer. :(

Have you tried rice and chicken or something like that?? Kitten food?? I'm sure you've tried most everything, so this has to be frustrating. What is left to try?!

krazyaboutkatz
08-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Jen, I'm so sorry to hear that Mr. Meow is still not eating.:( When Storm was recovering from his PU surgery and he refused to eat, I tried the Gerbers Graduates Turkey Sticks and he loved them. Maybe you could try these. Mr. Meow continues to remain in my thoughts and prayers.

jenluckenbach
08-04-2007, 06:25 PM
OMG! The boy actually ate some canned 9-Lives tuna :eek: :D :D

I did not allow him much (figuring his tummy couldn't handle it, and he would throw it back up) but I am about to offer more to him. So, we shall see.

WOO HOO! How happy (and relieved) can a person be??? :cool:

krazyaboutkatz
08-04-2007, 06:28 PM
YIPPEE!!!:D This is excellent news!!!!:D I hope that he'll continue to eat and to keep everything down.:) I'll continue to keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

jenluckenbach
08-04-2007, 06:53 PM
WOWEE!!! He did eat some more. This time some Meow Mix Market Select Tuna and Shrimp. It is a small tub (2.75 oz) and he ate half.....but it is a good start!

HUGE SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OF RELIEF!

Catty1
08-04-2007, 07:37 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

GOOOOOOOOOD, MR MEOW!!!!!! http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/images/smilies/bounce.gif

columbine
08-04-2007, 10:41 PM
Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :)

Kirsten
08-05-2007, 11:43 AM
OMG, I'm so glad he's finally eating!!

His meds seem to help him!! :)

Kirsten

jenluckenbach
08-05-2007, 01:38 PM
(sorry for the late update)

Mr. Meow did eat this morning. Not a whole lot, but we are getting there. He also ate a little just now when I offered him some.

And last night (3 in the morning, I should say) he was laying by me with his nose and front paws in my neck.....PAW-PAW.....PAW-PAW....PAW-PAW.....Kneading, so sweet! And nuzzling his nose into me. AAAWWWW

I can tell he FEELS better, too.

Kirsten
08-05-2007, 01:45 PM
I'm happy to hear that, Jen!

I keep on sending positive thoughts for sweet Mr. Meow,

Kirsten

phesina
08-05-2007, 05:33 PM
What wonderful news! Thank you, Jen.

Keep going, Mr. Meow!!! You're doing just great! We are all continuing to send our prayers and encouragement and good wishes.

Pat and cats

kb2yjx
08-05-2007, 05:42 PM
WOW!!!! What GREAT news!!!! I am so glad that the Pred has kicked in !!! Keep up the good eating, Mr. Meow!!!! a HUGE sigh of relief for Jen!!!!

Kirsten
08-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Jen, how's your little boy doing today?

Kirsten