PDA

View Full Version : Kalypso is so Tiny

Kalei
07-21-2007, 12:47 PM
Hey everyone, thought I would update you on Kalypso. It's been awhile since I was on PT because of the business of summer. But today I have finally found some quiet time:)

I got a elegant pic of Kalypso you will like. And also wanted to let you all know that I think Kalypso is so tiny for her age. The vet did tell me that she was going to be a very small kitty, but the other day I was at the pet store and there were some adorable 8 week old kittens there. Kalypso is 11 weeks old now and those 8 week olds were much bigger than her :eek: Wow Kalypso is going to be a really small cat. And my mom was having a hard time believing me that Kalypso was way smaller than her age, but she believes me now after seeing those 8 week old kittens lol.

But its not like Kalypso is unhealthy or anything is wrong, she is just going to be a really small cat, a very cute small cat thats for sure:D

Onto the pic. As grown up as she looks in the this picture to compare her size to you, you know those little 3 dollar clear tubs of gummies you can get at wal-mart? Well she could fit in that with the lid shut, or those little plastic betta tanks that are like half a gallon, she could fit in that too.

http://i9.tinypic.com/4ucdfma.jpg

I got this pic in an 8x10 for my room, I think it will look gorgeous on my wall:)

Anyway hope you enjoyed the pic.

aki
07-21-2007, 01:00 PM
she's so cute!

i think her and sig are prolly the same age, about 11 weeks.

he seems pretty dinky too, but he has some big paws tho. does she also have the really super cute "big" belly too? sig's is just adorable.

Kirsten
07-21-2007, 01:26 PM
She's sooo cute and adorable!!

My Lily is also a small cat, and I think it's sweet!

Kirsten

RedHedd
07-21-2007, 02:00 PM
My Mitzi is a small cat too. I call her my itty-bitty-pretty-kitty - she's my little pocket pet; albeit it would take a rather large pocket as she's little, but round :D

Bengalz
07-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Kalypso is a doll baby :D Eve is really tiny ... when we first saw her we thought she was a kitten ... turns out she was 2 years old and weighed less than 7 lbs. She is now 3 1/2 and weighs about 8 1/2 lbs :D I always thought an adult cat usually weighed around 12 lbs - turned out I was so wrong!!

I love Eve's size :) she is very muscular and so strong for such a tiny girl :D I'll bet Kalpyso will be much the same only more kittenish and that's gotta be adorable.

catmandu
07-21-2007, 03:42 PM
My Dear Mother who was a Petite Lady used to say good things come in small packages. Poucierge and Moquelito are petite as well but full of FUN!
They are looking forward to meeting Kalypso at the Next Pet Party.
And you never know Kalypso may suddenly fill right out.
My Scrappy 2 sure did!!

Felicia's Mom
07-21-2007, 03:53 PM
Kalypso is very cute!!

Kalei
07-21-2007, 06:10 PM
she's so cute!

i think her and sig are prolly the same age, about 11 weeks.

he seems pretty dinky too, but he has some big paws tho. does she also have the really super cute "big" belly too? sig's is just adorable.

Thanks so much everyone! And Kalypso does have huge paws, mostly because she has extra toes on every paw:) But she doesn't have a big belly, she did when she was 5 weeks old, but now its slimmed out. But it was certainly cute when she had it:D

phesina
07-21-2007, 06:27 PM
She's darling!

Karen
07-21-2007, 07:01 PM
She's a beauty! Lady's Human's kitty Trillian is a dainty girl, too, even all grown up, she seems like a half-grown cat, but it doesn't stop her from starting mischeif when she feels like it!

krazyaboutkatz
07-21-2007, 07:39 PM
I think she's just adorable.:) I'm used to having large cats but I know have 2 petite cats. Both Starr and Pearl are my tiny cats. Pearl probably only weighs about 9lbs or so and is long and lean but still very petite. Starr is my smallest cat in length but has gained a lot of weight most likey from his medication and is now 10.5lbs or maybe a bit more. He's normally about 8-9lbs.

cassiesmom
07-21-2007, 08:24 PM
Hello, precious little Miss Kalypso!

rg_girlca
07-22-2007, 02:36 PM
Oh Kalypso, I fall more and more in love with you each time I see a picture of you. You have got to be the most adorable kitty I have ever seen in a long time.

I love it when the girls are petite. :)

mrspunkysmom
07-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Spunky didn't reach hiw full growth until he was close to 2 years. He is still one inch shorter in the shoulder than Sams. At 6 weeks he fit in my hand completely. It's nice that he is smaller although he has devleoped a certain roundness at 6 years.

As long as she is healthy. And she amy still surprise you yet.

Medusa
07-22-2007, 07:37 PM
Dynamite comes in small packages! Kalypso is so cute! My Creamsicle is tiny, too; people are always asking if she's a kitten cuz they're not quite sure. I think it's adorable.

jazzcat
07-22-2007, 09:19 PM
She sure is cute!!

I have two petite kitties, Scout who is almost 5 years old and weighs about 7 pounds and little Moxie who is almost 11 months old. She only weighed 2.05 pounds at 4 1/2 months old and was only a little over 3 pounds when she was spayed at 6 months old. Now she is still little in size but she's getting fat because she is the resident piggy.

Freedom
07-23-2007, 09:37 AM
What a wonderful photo! I can see why you wanted a larger size for your wall. She is quite regal in that picture. With the petite kitties, just beware and don't let her get too pudgy! It shows up more on the smaller ones. I have one "petite" who I let have free feeding a bit too long. We are now dealing with the battle of the bulge and dieting; not fun! :D

Pawla
07-23-2007, 10:34 AM
I just LOVE seeing pics of this little doll! She is just too cute for words! :D I think the picture will look great on your wall.

Kalei
07-23-2007, 12:07 PM
Thanks everyone! Right now Kalypso has a perfect size body, no pudgeiness which is good:) She eats like a pig though and the only thing that keeps her small is because she is so hyper and constantly active.

But I'm glad she is active even though Bobo gets pooped out, sometimes I have to save him from her and hold him for awhile because he's that exhausted that she won't leave him alone.

kt_luvs_kitties
07-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Kalypso, you are so cute. I think that that is a beautiful picture, esp if you got it with a furry pink frame??? Adorable! :p

cassiesmom
07-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Miss Kalypso, could you please ask your young meowmie to take a photo of you and your handsome brother Bobo for us? I for one am ready for a new one to see you GROWING! *pet *pet *pet for Kishii too

caffeitina
07-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Kalypso... you are adorable, sweetheart!
And never worry about being small. It's OK to be small. My Luna is a bit over a year old (her Gotcha day was two days ago), and she's not much more than 6 pounds. She likely won't get much bigger. Like you, Luna is a healthy cat...she's just small. Her Mommy Cat was a smaller than average cat as well...plus, thanks to her grandmother, she's got that small-boned Siamese build under her fluffiness. Being the size she is, Luna is much lighter on her feet than her adopted "brother" Howard (Howard is 12-13 pounds and an all-around BIG cat. Even as a kitten he was much bigger than other kitties his age). Plus, she can squeeze herself into all the cool hiding places Howard couldn't even get his head into.

So Kalypso...never worry about being a small girl. Besides having the same advantages Luna has over Howard, you'll forever look younger than your age. People will always see you as a kitten-cat instead of a full grown cat and want to cuddle you all the more for it. Look forward to a life of ultimate admiration and adoration.

Small is Beautiful :D