PDA

View Full Version : I have 10 DAYS!!!

AllAmericanPUP
07-20-2007, 07:38 PM
I have 10 days to find homes for Shadow and my 2 cats(blaze and rome) or my dad is going to send them to the pound

i dont know what to do, i have contacted many shelters and rescues and they either are full(duh) or just dont answer or wont help me because i dont live in their area. i have posted them everywhere i can think of.
nobody wants a big black adult dog and 2 adult cats (big surprise right)

Roxyluvsme13
07-20-2007, 07:48 PM
I know this isn't exactly the best solution, but have you tried freecycle?

Kfamr
07-20-2007, 07:49 PM
If you could post pictures and info on both the dog and cats, I will cross-post.

Also, there are a few members on here that live in Illinois and are associated with rescues in the area.

AllAmericanPUP
07-20-2007, 08:05 PM
Shadow is a great pyrenees/black lab mix, she'll be 5 in December
She's normally about 65lbs but i guess right now she is really overweight(i dont live at home, i'm living in michigan and my brother is taking care of my animals)
She's house trained and crate trained. She can jump fences shorter than 6 feet. She's very laid back, definately no jogging partner, enjoys walks but nothing too long. She's good with other dogs and cats and good with children.

not the best pics but they're all i have on this computer
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/allamericanpup/gradparty15.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/allamericanpup/gradparty23.jpg

Rome is a 5 year old DSH, she's spayed and declawed in the front.
She's strictly an indoor cat, no exceptions.
she was born feral and still isnt the most affectionate cat, she's not mean or anything but she's no cuddly either. She's ok with other animals as long as they dont harass her. I dont recommend her with children, she's never hurt any of my nephews but she really doesnt like kids much.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/allamericanpup/102_9177.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/allamericanpup/102_9179.jpg

Blaze is a 5 year old DMH and neutered.
He's pretty sweet for a cat, really loves to be in people's laps and even liked sleeping under the covers with me.
He's pretty tolerant when it comes to kids to, My 1.5 yr old nephew could pat him and tug on him and he'd just lay there, it would take alot for him to jump up and run away from this kid. He's pretty sweet with dogs too
all i have is his christmas photo
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/allamericanpup/xmastry007.jpg

anyone interested can contact me at [email protected]
they are located in Illinois but i am located in Michigan, so i'm open to adopting them in either Michigan or Illinois

Cinder & Smoke
07-20-2007, 08:08 PM
1) Why don't you Copy & Paste the REASON this is necessary from the original thread -
so folks understand the WHOLE story.

2) It's time you contacted your Friends and Relatives - to ask if they can temporarily
Foster your FurKids - till you can arrange a permanent solution.

3) Decide if you will EVER be in a position (and living arrangement) where your could
house these FurKids with you in a stable living arrangement.

/s/ Phred

jennielynn1970
07-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Good suggestion from Phred cause I was going to ask why they have to leave where they've been living??? What's the urgency?!

AllAmericanPUP
07-20-2007, 08:12 PM
1. i've posted the original story alot, if new people wanna know all they have to do is ask. it's a long story but basically i got in over my head(with help from my lovely sister) and ended up with 7 dogs and 4 cats, 1 dog and 2 cats died, 1 went to a rescue and i still have 5 dogs and 2 cats. ozzy is going to my friends house in Wisconsin and i have eli keesha and sheeba with me.
shadow, blaze and rome are living in my parents house and they want them out ASAP

2. i've asked my relatives, none of them are really dog people and half of them i wouldnt give a fish. and the ones that are dog people already have 3 or 4 dogs themselves

3. no, i travel for work now, right now i'm in michigan. in 5 months i might be in another state. and as we all know it's not easy finding a place to rent when you have animals. i have 3 dogs with me now

AllAmericanPUP
07-20-2007, 08:17 PM
Don't be so harsh on her. At least she's trying to do what's best for her animals.

thank you

this has been an on growing problem with awhile but now it's really comming to an end, my dad wont budge anymore

i get people's anger though, i'm angry at myself for getting in this situation

but i dont care about how much people hate me or how low they think of me, all i care about is helping my animals because i have failed them

jennielynn1970
07-20-2007, 08:17 PM
I wasn't being harsh, I asked a question. Geez. Lighten up Bri.

Roxyluvsme13
07-20-2007, 08:20 PM
I wasn't being harsh, I asked a question. Geez. Lighten up Bri.
I wasn't referring to you, Jenn :).

And with the tone and strong accent on Phred's words, I have a feeling this thread is going to turn into a fight.

Hence why I said don't be so harsh.

Good luck with finding homes for your animals. I'm glad you realize they need help and are doing what needs to be done :).

jennielynn1970
07-20-2007, 08:23 PM
I wish I knew someone in that state... the kitties are adorable, and the dog is just too sweet looking (look at that big old sad face :( ).

If you find someone in another state and need help with transport, I'd be more than happy to help drive. I'm in PA, so east coast would be my area.

Kfamr
07-20-2007, 08:25 PM
Don't turn this thread into an argument.

Thank you for posting their info - they are located in Illinois - where in Illinois? I'm going to cross post them. Maybe ask a shelter/rescue in the area to list them on their petfinder page?

AllAmericanPUP
07-20-2007, 08:39 PM
Don't turn this thread into an argument.

Thank you for posting their info - they are located in Illinois - where in Illinois? I'm going to cross post them. Maybe ask a shelter/rescue in the area to list them on their petfinder page?

Taylorville,IL it's near Springfield

Freedom
07-20-2007, 08:54 PM
I am sorry that I cannot help. What a difficult situation. I wish you and your pets all the best, and success in finding great homes for them!

Tollers-n-Dobes
07-20-2007, 08:55 PM
I can't help out at all, but I'm very sorry you have to do this. I hope everything will work out ok!

Kfamr
07-21-2007, 10:34 AM
I contacted a rescue this morning about Shadow, hopefully they will get back to me.
I also cross-posted onto 4 different websites that I'm on. Hopefully it helps to get the word out there about these three. :(

AdoreMyDogs
07-21-2007, 10:57 AM
My mom is searching for just the right kitty. She likes boy kitties, so Blaze might be interesting to her. She's also a big fan of orange kitties, so I'm forwarding the info to her. She's in Michigan, Detroit suburb.

AdoreMyDogs
07-21-2007, 11:40 AM
My mom is interested in the orangie boy. I'm sending an email now to you.

luvofallhorses
07-21-2007, 12:30 PM
:( i hope you can find homes for them all.

we aren't taking any animals either at the shelter where I volunteer because we are so full it's not even funny. :( so don't be disappointed if they don't take them because they are always full at this time of year, atleast we are.

AllAmericanPUP
07-21-2007, 05:42 PM
My mom is interested in the orangie boy. I'm sending an email now to you.

nvm

shais_mom
07-21-2007, 06:57 PM
I wasn't referring to you, Jenn :).

And with the tone and strong accent on Phred's words, I have a feeling this thread is going to turn into a fight.

Hence why I said don't be so harsh.

Good luck with finding homes for your animals. I'm glad you realize they need help and are doing what needs to be done :).
I've seen harsh and THIS ain't it -
no one was arguing.
AMP
I sincerely wish you the BEST of luck in finding good homes for your animals. I'm not entirely sure what the Never Mind in the above post means to Leslie - but please know I'll keep thinking and praying for you.
Good luck.

NoahsMommy
07-21-2007, 08:47 PM
Wait a sec, guys. I've been in a similiar situation and it helps to have someone outside your emotional state (ie: you're upset at having to find homes at an unfair timeframe) give you some GOOD ADVICE. Phred did the same for me, in almost the same words and we've been pals for the entire duration I've been on PT. I've never seen a mean-spirited post from Phred (that wasn't well deserved).

My first questions were, "I wonder what happened, why does she need to find a place for them. Is it permanent? Can she take them back eventually? Has she tried maybe some aunts, uncles, grandmas, a cousin she hasn't spoken to in a while?" and I see I wasn't alone. So be nice to Phred. :)

OK. Here are some ideas.

Check ALL rescues...do it by BREED of animal: For Shadow, try checking both Lab and Great Pryn. Rescues...they really band together for the breed. When I needed help with my kitties, Noah's Maine Coon helped with all three of my cats! :)

Place fliers in Senior Centers, Coffee Shops, Libraries, Pet Stores, ANYWHERE THEY WILL ALLOW YOU TO PUT UP FLIERS advertising that you need placement. Put these pictures there and make it so people can take a flier or tear off your phone number. Either print them on BRIGHT paper or use colored ink in the words and pictures.

You mentioned you're traveling for work, so I'm assuming you have some income? Can you board them somewhere to give you SOME extra time if you pass the 10 days on any of the three animals??

That's all I have for now. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry you're having to rehome your furballs. :( :( :(

Lots of Hugs and Love,
Kelly :)

shais_mom
07-21-2007, 09:05 PM
excellant points of course Kel! :)

Genny
07-21-2007, 09:33 PM
I hope you find Shadow and you cats a good home. Sorry you're having to re-home them. I bet you're upset :( I have a Great Pyrenees puppy...they're great dogs! I'm sure Shadow will be easy to find a home for, and the cats too they're so pretty!!

AllAmericanPUP
07-21-2007, 09:46 PM
I've seen harsh and THIS ain't it -
no one was arguing.
AMP
I sincerely wish you the BEST of luck in finding good homes for your animals. I'm not entirely sure what the Never Mind in the above post means to Leslie - but please know I'll keep thinking and praying for you.
Good luck.

the nvm was because i replied that i didnt get the email but then i checked again and it was there..sorry probably should have cleared that lol

AllAmericanPUP
07-21-2007, 09:49 PM
a couple better pics of shadow

http://files.dogster.com/pix/dogs/52/32052/11.jpg

http://files.dogster.com/pix/dogs/52/32052/32052_1123960844.jpg

Genny
07-21-2007, 09:51 PM
I LOVE the 2nd pic of Shadow! She's beautiful!

Lori Jordan
07-22-2007, 11:20 AM
nvm

i am very confused,You need to find these animals a home,Someone says they are intrested and you say "Nevermind"????

Would you not want them in a home?Or would you rather them be sent to a shelter?

mylilpony
07-22-2007, 11:48 AM
i'm sooo sorry that is soo aweful i'll search fo shelters in IL and MI it must be hard having to get rid of them. :( :(

AllAmericanPUP
07-22-2007, 02:18 PM
i am very confused,You need to find these animals a home,Someone says they are intrested and you say "Nevermind"????

Would you not want them in a home?Or would you rather them be sent to a shelter?

wow go back and read

i said edited my post and said nvm because before that the post had said i didnt receive the email but i double checked and i did indeed receive it

BC_MoM
07-22-2007, 02:27 PM

Sometimes it's best to read a whole thread instead of jumping into the middle of it and assuming things.

I hope this all works out for you!