PDA

View Full Version : laser surgery

davidpizzica
07-20-2007, 03:48 PM
I need to have some laser work done on my eye on monday. I've developed what's called a secondary cataract. There's a clear film over the eye that's still there after the first surgery. In most cases it remains clear, but in about a third of these cases (I'm one of them!) it gets cloudy and I have some blurry vision in my right eye. The laser will cut a hole through that film enough for me to see through. It's about a 30 second proceedure and it will be done in the office. I CAN"T WAIT!!

chocolatepuppy
07-20-2007, 04:28 PM
I hope everything goes well for you David. :)

Pam
07-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Please don't worry David. My boss (an ophthalmologist) does these laser procedures for secondary cataracts every Wednesday. It is a very common procedure and is a quick easy fix and you will once again be seeing clearly. :) You sound like a very knowledgeable patient and that is good!

davidpizzica
07-20-2007, 06:23 PM
Please don't worry David. My boss (an ophthalmologist) does these laser procedures for secondary cataracts every Wednesday. It is a very common procedure and is a quick easy fix and you will once again be seeing clearly. :) You sound like a very knowledgeable patient and that is good!
Pam, my eye doctor explained the proceedure step by step to me and pretty much assured me that it would be a safe and simple proceedure plus he printed out the proceedure on paper that further explains it. I'm lookng forward to having two working eyes again!

davidpizzica
07-22-2007, 09:20 AM
I'm SO looking forward to getting this laser eye surgery! It'll be the first time in 3 1/2 years that I'll have equal vision in both eyes! I'll let you know the outcome tomorrow. Am I excited? YES!!

Marigold2
07-22-2007, 09:27 AM
Like Pam I work for an ophthalmologist. Her advice is spot on. So happy for you David. With your new eyesight being so much better you will be able to enjoy things so much more. Good things are coming your way.

Daisy and Delilah
07-22-2007, 09:34 AM
You'll be like a new man, David. I'll be thinking of you and saying a prayer for a speedy recovery and new vision. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} :)

davidpizzica
07-23-2007, 02:17 PM
I had my check-up by the eye surgeon this morning. He wanted to make sure of the condition of my eye and thev secondary cataract. I'll get all of the particulars a little later and the laser surgery is set for August 9th. "Lookng forward" to it!

davidpizzica
07-27-2007, 07:28 PM
I can't wait! This will be the first time in 31/2 years that I'll have equal vision in both eyes YAHOO!!

Logan
07-27-2007, 08:15 PM
David, I hope everything will go well!! Hang in there!

davidpizzica
08-08-2007, 08:08 AM
I go in for the eye surgery at 1:15 tomorrow. I'm SO "looking forward", ahem, to getting the proceedure done and having equal vision again! I'll be singing "I can see clearly now" Yahoo!

Randi
08-08-2007, 09:19 AM
Hope all goes well, David - I'm sure it will! :)