PDA

View Full Version : Boy am I stupid....

Husky_mom
07-20-2007, 02:28 PM
thereīs no other word to describe what I did without being incredibly offensive.....

I hurt my hand...... bad....... I really donīt want t say how because of what you might think of me...... I did it myself...... and I knew what I was doing I just didnīt think of how it would hurt......:( I just was so mad

stupid stupid stupid.......

I can bend and move my fingers but it just hurts, Iīm unsure if I broke any bones, still need to get x rays :( ...... but I donīt think I could move my hand at all if they were any fractures.....

and to top it all it was my right hand.....and iīm right handed....

so if you can spare some prayers for my hand/finger area not being broken would be great.....Iīm so scared.......

JenBKR
07-20-2007, 02:31 PM
Uh oh, are you clumsy like me? Prayers on the way for your hand. Don't be too hard on yourself, we all do stupid things. ((((hugs))))

Karen
07-20-2007, 02:58 PM
A guy I knew once broke bones in his hand (two of the little ones) when a customer stiffed them on a big bill. He punched the filing cabinet, and made a big dent in it, but afterwards said that the satisfaction of the dent was pretty fleeting once the pain in his hand sunk in!

Husky_mom
07-20-2007, 03:10 PM
A guy I knew once broke bones in his hand (two of the little ones) when a customer stiffed them on a big bill. He punched the filing cabinet, and made a big dent in it, but afterwards said that the satiscfaction of the dent was pretty fleeting once the pain in his hand sunk in!

I really hope thatīs not my case......:( but Iīm so afraid to know it it am sooooo postponing the xray thing...... I know i have to but donīt want to know i really broke something.......

Karen
07-20-2007, 03:11 PM
The sooner you go, the better, both in case you broke something (so it can set properly and begin healing) and if you didn't (so you can stop worrying)!

Randi
07-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Sorry about your hand, I hope nothing is broken. Can you have someone help get a bandage on until you get an x-ray, it's probably best you don't move it much.

Get better soon! :)

Husky_mom
07-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Sorry about your hand, I hope nothing is broken. Can you have someone help get a bandage on until you get an x-ray, it's probably best you don't move it much.

Get better soon! :)

thanks for the good thoughts
I already have a bandage on, but Iīm constantly moving my hand, even when i showered i "tried" placing any moved parts where they belonged :rolleyes: ... i hope i didnīt damaged worse.........i want to cry......:(

joycenalex
07-20-2007, 03:52 PM
there is no way we'd think badly of you. period. go see the urgent care and let them help you. i do xrays for a living, and the sooner you get checked out, the better you'll feel. really and truly, it'll be okay...hugs...

jennielynn1970
07-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Unless you were swinging from a chandelier and doing something really obscene :p ;) .... Seriously, no one here should judge anyone else on what they do. Silly, senseless things happen. We make choices we should have not made. Hindsight is 20/20...

Go to the ER and make sure your hand is ok. If you wait too long, they may have to re-break your hand or do something to set it correctly. That wouldn't be much fun!

Hope you go to get the hand checked out and it is all ok.

BIG HUGS!!

caseysmom
07-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Hope the other guy looks worse :D

Alysser
07-20-2007, 06:32 PM
I am sorry your hand is hurt. Please get help soon for it though, no one here wants you to be in pain. I'll be thinking you.

DJFyrewolf36
07-20-2007, 07:25 PM
Don't beat yourself up over something you can't change...just focus on healing and making sure the damage doesn't get worse. Trust me, I know how emotions can make a person go off the deep end, I've hurt my hands a time or two getting overemotional :rolleyes:. Yes I felt really dumb, but the feeling passed and I got to thinking about what could be done instead of what could have, should have, might have been.

I hope you feel better! *hugs* to you!

Kfamr
07-20-2007, 07:27 PM
Sorry to hear you're in pain, Isabel. Take care of yourself! {{HUGS}}

Husky_mom
07-23-2007, 01:00 PM
Hope the other guy looks worse :D

LOL........ you sure made me giggle on that.......thanks......

so an update. I went to ER and got x rayed....... yup a bone has a minor split/fisure/fracture ... whatever you call it......they said it might heal with rest and no movement......*fingers crossed*.... I have an appointment to a recheck to see how itīs doing and if it might need another type of "fixing" hope not.......... but i have it the day I go off on vacations, soooo.... i might need to find other place to get checked today.......

now iīm in pain but not that much, I have some meds for pain and antiinflamatory but i still feel the pain.....thanks for your good thoughts.... they sure lifted my spirit, despite how bad i felt for what happened.........

I love you guys!!!!!

sparks19
07-23-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm glad you got it checked out.

I remember I had a small fracture in the top of my hand from playing a STUPID game called Bloody Knuckles... lol it was so STUPID. It really healed up nicely just from not moving it around and using it. So really try to not use it as MUCH as you can and it should heal up just fine.

:D

joycenalex
07-23-2007, 05:18 PM
... playing a STUPID game called Bloody Knuckles... lol it was so STUPID.
okay, both of you*waving my finger just like my mom* neither one of you ever play that one again *shake index finger, shake index finger*

sandragonfly
07-23-2007, 07:50 PM
oh aw.. (((hugs))) :( I'm sad hearing a friend calling herself stupid. well, what I KNOW myself, whatever happened, you're NOT and don't talk like that. :mad:

things happen, chaknow? GLAD you went to get it checked girl! or else you'll need have your butt checked too! :D ;) :p

be careful, hope it will heal well (quickly) and more hugs! keep us posted okay?

mike001
07-23-2007, 08:50 PM
Glad you got the hand checked. Never know what could be lurking in them there bones ya know...lol. Aww, we all do weird things sometimes. If you weren't bashing your precious dog then everything is fine and dandy. Just happy it's not more serious.

ramanth
07-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Ouchie!! I'm glad it's a minor fracture. Get better soon Isabel!!!

anna_66
07-24-2007, 06:42 AM
First I just wanted to tell you we would never think you are stupid Isabel.
And I'm so glad to hear you went and had it checked out.

Lots of hugs and healing vibes being sent your way this morning.

Freedom
07-24-2007, 07:27 AM
Don't you feel better knowing there was a REASON for all that pain?

Hope you heal up quickly. HUGS!

elizabethann
07-24-2007, 07:29 AM
Ouch! That sounds painful.

Hope it's feeling better today.

Kater
07-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Owwwie! I'm sorry to hear this, Isabel. Hope your hand is on the mend by now!! :)

wombat2u2004
07-24-2007, 10:16 PM
HM....I keep tellin ya......if ya gonna slug hubby....wear boxing gloves !!!!! :D
Wom

sandragonfly
07-27-2007, 12:09 PM
hey there girl, been thinking of you and wish I would hear a reply from you.. how are things yet? :(

know I'm sending a storage bin of hugs over there so you can use whenever you need one! :) (((hugs)))

pitc9
07-27-2007, 12:14 PM
Glad you went and got an x-ray.

Hugs to you! Take it easy and listen to the Dr.'s orders so your hand will heal quickly and correctly!! You wouldn't want a bone to heal wrong... because there's only one way to fix that! :eek:

carole
07-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Hey we all do stuff we ourselves think is stupid from time to time, I am glad you went to the DR and got your hand seen to, i hope you pain is subsiding now and you are feeling better, a painful lesson learned by the sound of it, cheer up you are among friends and family here, who are just sending you their love and get well wishes, take care, HUGS.

Husky_mom
08-01-2007, 06:57 PM
thanks for all the good thought and the hugs..... much appreciated

another update: well I still have to wait till this friday for a recheck :rolleyes: ..... iīm now pretty much painless but still very sore and it DOES hurt when in certain movements..... and Iīm soooooo tired of the semi cast!!.... I canīt wait to take it off.......and whats worse I have a pain in the butt when changing clothes..... I cant comb my hair either, well I canīt do a pony tail...... and iīm way slower......haha.....

Iīll update further this friday after my recheck.... I so hope itīs healing in place.....I donīt NEED it to be rebroken..... :p

and donīt worry no animals were harmed in this stunt....... well just one LOL....
I should get a punching bag now........hmmm.......

Gina: sending a hug bin swap, hope everything went well with you too.....:)

Husky_mom
08-03-2007, 01:13 PM
update aug 3: I have to wear the cast 10 more days....... :eek: .....but it seems Iīm healing properly YAY!!!

then on the 13th theyīll let me know if iīm good and go to rehab...... hand rehab that is.....;) (just in case Wom wonders ;))......

thank you all for your support

joycenalex
08-03-2007, 07:57 PM
glad to hear you're doing better

anna_66
08-04-2007, 09:08 AM
Glad to hear your doing better:)