PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter?

elizabethann
07-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Anybody going to the bookstore at midnight tonight to get the last Harry Potter book?

Logan
07-20-2007, 02:17 PM
I'm not going at midnight, but I will be getting a copy tomorrow morning, hopefully! :) We're going to see the 5th movie tonight.

Kirbys Mom
07-20-2007, 02:47 PM
been thinkin about it, maybe but i have to get up early and open at work tomorrow so i havent decided yet or not.

wolflady
07-20-2007, 03:26 PM
You betcha! I pre-ordered my special edition copy several months ago, so it will be at my local Borders. We're going to the Grand Hallows Ball tonight at my Borders which starts at 10pm, and then we'll get our books at 12:01am! Can't wait! :D

elizabethann
07-20-2007, 03:44 PM
You betcha! I pre-ordered my special edition copy several months ago, so it will be at my local Borders. We're going to the Grand Hallows Ball tonight at my Borders which starts at 10pm, and then we'll get our books at 12:01am! Can't wait! :D

At our Borders they are giving people tickets right now. If you have a ticket, they'll put you in a special line to get your pre-ordered book. If you don't have a ticket, you have to stand in line with the "regular" folks.

You may want to call your Border's to see if they're doing that where you live.

I haven't even read book 1 (though it's sitting at home). I have a long way to catch up on what's happening.

Have fun tonight and have fun reading it!

Alysser
07-20-2007, 05:51 PM
Sure am! I can't wait. I am leaving at 10-10:30 PM and we get the books 12:01 PM. I_luv_rusty(probably), me, my dad, and my sister are all going. :)

Sirrahsim
07-20-2007, 06:02 PM
I am but only because I want hubby to get reading it so that he can finish! I got to read all of the other Harry Potter books before him so he gets to read this one first :D
I wonder what kind of crowd I will find out at my bookstore tonight?? My presale voucher says "Enjoy express pick-up service with this voucher at 12:01 AM" etc.. etc... I plan on just dropping in at around midnight and picking up my copy.. I hope it isn't a hassle :D

Uabassoon
07-20-2007, 07:08 PM
Alexa and I will be getting our books tonight! Our favorite local bookstore is having a party with different activities and contests. Then at 12:01 we are buying our books!

KittyGurl
07-20-2007, 07:09 PM
I'm gonna be leaving at 10 to get the book! It's going to be a long wait but it will be worth it. :)

NoahsMommy
07-20-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm actually on my way there right now to go pick up my "pre-order wrist band" so I can purchase my book tomorrow morning. Can't wait to get it! YAY!!! :)

I may stay up tonight to go get it later on tonight, we'll see how ambitious I am. I'll update you all.

My local Borders Bookstore is having a HUGE party with costumes, reading rooms, a ball (!wow!), everyone that attends gets a magic glowing wand, etc. That's kind of why I'm going now, to check it all out.

mrspunkysmom
07-20-2007, 09:01 PM
Leaving Shortly.

I_luv_rusty
07-21-2007, 12:22 AM
I'm back from it now :) I went with alyssa (maltese_love), her dad ,and her sister. I didn't get the book but her sister did, I just went to get out instead of being bored at home.

Alysser
07-21-2007, 12:32 AM
I just got back, like Jenna already said. So, the rumors that the real ending leaked out happened to be right, or since there was alot, I just happened to read the right one. I'm actually really happy with the ending...it was great to me. :)

Genny
07-21-2007, 12:38 AM
Well, I've never watched any of the movies except the first 2. I've never read any of the books either--never really been a Harry Potter fan!! I dunno why... Sll my friends have been crazy about it, but I've nevr watched it much--I just watched the first 2 cause they came on tv one night.

If you read all the book or have seen the new movie let me know how it is. Maybe I'll rent it if it's good... I really don't guess I'd get the book, but maybe the movie might be good?? I know I enjoyed the 2 I watched pretty good ;)

AdoreMyDogs
07-21-2007, 01:08 AM
My book will hopefully be delivered tomorrow....at least that's what it says on the pre-order voucher. I really, really hope the auther changes her mind and decides to write another book for when Harry and friends are out of school and "in the real world". I know they say this is the last book, but I can always hope :)

KittyGurl
07-21-2007, 10:03 AM
I went there last night and waited in line for two hours. There were so many people dressed up that. It was so fun. I was the sixteenth person to get the book. So far it is really, really good!

Uabassoon
07-21-2007, 11:25 AM
I had a great time last night. I took third place in the costume contest and won a gift certificate as well as the #5 so Alexa and I were the 5th in line to get our books! By 12 :05 we had our books and were ready to read. I was so upset so, I remembered to bring my camera and my extra battery but my memory card was in my computer :( I'm hoping that a picture or two of me will end up on the bookstores webpage.

Killearn Kitties
07-21-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm so pleased that you had a great time Laura, but no pictures? I am distraught!! :p

Enjoy the book!

NoahsMommy
07-21-2007, 05:11 PM
How fun, guys!!! :) I can't wait to hear more about last night from the others that attended. I know Karen - wolflady - went with some friends last night too.

I was too tired to go back to the store and get my book last night. I went to my local Borders at around 7ish to get my armband and I was in the pinklevel (5th out of 6 levels of pre-ordering and I ordered my book at least 2-3 weeks ago!!).

I got my book this afternoon at 12:45 p.m. after we met the Mommy and Daddy dog to our soon to be puppy. There were quite a few people in line and ALL of them were buying multiple copies that they pre-ordered. Not just two copies, like 6 to 10 copies!

I have my Remicade treatment tomorrow at 9:00 a.m. so I'm going to start reading it then as a treat to myself. :) If I can wait till then to start it. ha ha

Suki Wingy
07-22-2007, 04:20 PM
YUP! I went as Tonks. We went to the library to see the first movie on a giant screen, then went to a small bookstore that I went to in 2005 to get HBP. I was so exited a newspaper photographer took my pic.