PDA

View Full Version : An Earthquake!

sandragonfly
07-20-2007, 12:05 PM
I woke up with an earthquake this morning around 4:30AM or so, at first I thought it was crayola moving right by the bed to comfort himself.. you know, rumbling the bed.. but it was BIGGER and too long! lol - lasted for about six-seven seconds?

my grandmother (where I slept last night) heard on the radio that it came through from sonoma to san jose.. and that there was a crack in hayward..opposite side of bay area from where we are. :confused: not sure if I read that right.

I know there are quite a few pet talkers live on this quake's journey, did you felt it?

although earthquakes can be scary, it's exciting! :D haven't felt one since the BIG one in 1989 when I was six! I remember it too well.

Taz_Zoee
07-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Well I slept right through it and didn't know a thing about it until my brother called me on my way to work. Then my sister (who lives in Oregon) texted me about it.
I felt nothing. Which is fine with me, because one that happened earlier this year scared me!! :( The "big" quake in 89 we only got a small part of that out where my parents live. The water in the pool sloshed out and the hanging light fixtures swayed.

wolflady
07-20-2007, 03:24 PM
I didn't feel anything either, but I do agree...when you feel them, it's kinda scary and exciting at the same time!

Husky_mom
07-20-2007, 03:26 PM
never felt one, and wish i never did..... pretty scary i think....

btw i´m officialy going to disney again :rolleyes: LOL.... july 25-30....

DJFyrewolf36
07-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Im terrified of earthquakes. I feel even the slghtest one, Im usually in a panic :rolleyes: I should be used to it, as I was born here but I don't think I'll ever be comfortable with the ground shaking below me.

My aunt lives in San Fransisco...and I remember when that big earthquake hit there being very worried for her. Luckily she was on business out of the country when it happened...and her house didn't suffer any major damage.

crow_noir
07-21-2007, 02:43 AM
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/

sandragonfly
07-21-2007, 11:35 AM
posted by tazzoee
I felt nothing. Which is fine with me, because one that happened earlier this year scared me!!

oh that's right.. when was the earlier one I frogot? but I remember I was disappointed I missed it lol! I was across at the end of america at that time.

thanks for interesting link .. so there were quakes last week too? oh, and I was wondering how quake would feel out there in the ocean.. how did they know that it was quaked by the way!

Taz_Zoee
07-21-2007, 01:35 PM
The quake that "shook" me earlier this year was....oh, I can't remember. :( I think it was January or February. All I know was I was watching Carrie Underwood sing as a guest on American Idol....or was it Kellie Pickler. Wow, my memory is not as good as it used to be. :(
But I do remember that it scared me and Zoee and Bruce was like...it's NO big deal. :rolleyes:

Giselle
07-22-2007, 12:10 AM
We felt it big time. Apparently, we're right off the fault. I just slept through it LOL. I'm pretty used to them now.

sandragonfly
07-22-2007, 02:45 PM
lol.. used to it? you've felt it like 50.. 100th time now? lucky you! :p

Chica
07-22-2007, 08:43 PM
Ho Hum! It's nothing like the Northridge Quake!!!!!!!6.9