PDA

View Full Version : My Kitchen - redecorated

kimlovescats
07-19-2007, 11:42 PM
A couple of people commented on my kitchen in some pictures in Cat General, so I said I would post my "new" kitchen. Hubby and I painted the cabinets and walls and he put up beadboard and chair railing. I'm so proud of him!

Before:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/59.07013.jpg

After:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Kitchen531.07004.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Kitchen531.07012.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Kitchen531.07008.jpg

Sevaede
07-19-2007, 11:44 PM
Stunning!! :eek:

shais_mom
07-20-2007, 12:08 AM
I love it!
I looovvvee the floor!!!

jazzcat
07-20-2007, 12:12 AM
That looks great Kim! Very beautiful! Everything looks so clean and crisp yet there is warmth to it. Nice!

I'm so envious of pretty kitchens. Ours is a 70s nightmare. We've update just about everything else in this house so it's time to bring the that room into the present and out of the outdated past.

kimlovescats
07-20-2007, 12:15 AM
Thank you all!

Lori, you've done such a great job with the rest of your house, I know your kitchen will be fantastic too! Can't wait to see it! Be sure to take "before" shots too!

Kim

Cinder & Smoke
07-20-2007, 01:30 AM
Oooopsie! :o

Here I was thinkin the FIRST pix looked great - all nice & spiffie ...
just couldn't see the "chair rail" ... ??? :confused:

Ohhhhhh ... that was the "BEFORE" shot ... :o

The AFTER views look REALLY Great!! :p

;)

Edwina's Secretary
07-20-2007, 01:43 AM
Wow...wow...wow

jennielynn1970
07-20-2007, 01:46 AM

;)

I thought the before pic was the after pic at first too!!!

I love them both.

Can I hire your husband, or whomever redid your kitchen?? Mine is white white white, and was since I moved in 3 years ago. There are some red accessories, but other than that, it's all white. I wouldn't mind the white, but the cabinets are all IKEA cheapos... IKEA does have some really nice cabinets, but these are NOT them! :o

PS... the pic is from moving in day 3yrs ago... so, some appliances have changed.

Killearn Kitties
07-20-2007, 03:05 AM
What a beautiful job! I absolutely love it.

jackmilliesmom
07-20-2007, 04:40 AM
Absolutely wonderful and really warm and cosy, I love my kitchen too and love to have warm wonderful colours in it so if you don't mind I love the colour or your walls and will be taking some hints from you and maybe copying the red....

Pam
07-20-2007, 05:37 AM
Kim I love what you have done!! Hubby and I re-did our kitchen last year too and there is such a feeling of pride when you can do some of the work like we did too. I love watching all of the HGTV shows and especially Designed to Sell. Are you sure you didn't get your ideas from Lisa LaPorta? LOL!

kb2yjx
07-20-2007, 07:17 AM
O WOW !!!!! That is a very nice change!! The red walls add such a warmth!!!

Rachel
07-20-2007, 07:22 AM
Oh, Kim, I have to agree that both versions of your kitchen are lovely. In fact I can't decide which one I like best, although I do think I lean toward the revised version. In any event, a change is always nice.

Was the counter top always red or did you change that too? It is difficult to see exactly in the before version. Did you have any qualms about painting the cabinets? Our cabinets are oak like yours and it is hard to decide if we will be improving them by painting.

Please put me on *the list* (after Jenn of course) for kitchen consultation, design and most importantly execution of the plan. I'm not kidding either.

catnapper
07-20-2007, 07:24 AM
Ok Kim, thats simply beautiful! I LOVE the beadboard! You should be VERY VERY proud of yourself!

Now, I know you.... no redecorating this masterpiece any time soon ;)

gemini9961
07-20-2007, 07:29 AM
Very nice. I really like it. Hubby and I are also in the process of painting in the house we painted our kitchen a red color too. It's called CranApple from Behr.

I like the floor too. I've always been a fan of the black and white.

Freedom
07-20-2007, 07:56 AM

;)

Me too! That is a wonderful look.

Christiansmommy
07-20-2007, 08:03 AM
I love the wall color!! That is so funny, we just recently painted our cabinets...we did an ivory cream color, though. We also nailed crown molding on the top of the cabinets (and painted it)...and we cut pieces of wainscotting and nailed them to the ends of the cabinets that are facing the table...adds a nice custom look to the cabinets, with the texture of the wood that wainscotting gives.

Our next step is the wainscotting on the walls...just like how you have, but we'll do a creamy ivory color with the chair rail too..and the color we chose for the top half of the walls...just like yours, a rich wine color!!! I like your taste :) I'll have to take pics when we are done too!!

elizabethann
07-20-2007, 08:26 AM
That's really pretty.

Anita Cholaine
07-20-2007, 09:07 AM
It looks great :D I loove the wall color!

Randi
07-20-2007, 10:25 AM
That's really nice! :) I also thought the first one was the new one. You can send him to do mine any time! ;)

lizbud
07-20-2007, 10:42 AM
It looks great. I like very much. :) Congrats on a job well done.

mruffruff
07-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Wow! That is really nice. I know how much work it was and admire you for taking it on. Someone has really good taste. ;)

wombat2u2004
07-20-2007, 11:38 AM
Awesome use of colours....so very effective.
Well done ;)
Wom

AdoreMyDogs
07-20-2007, 11:39 AM
Oh I love, love, love it! The before wasn't too bad, either, but I LOOOVE the after! Very nice job!

sandragonfly
07-20-2007, 12:13 PM
agree with above, before wasn't that bad too but very very nice kitchen you have!

that black curtain's CUTE, definitely something I'd have later! :D

prechrswife
07-20-2007, 12:28 PM
It looks great! Very nice work. :D

kimlovescats
07-20-2007, 02:34 PM
Thank you all so much for the nice compliments! It was a long job, but well worth it in the end.

Our cabinets ... I always thought were oak and I battled with myself for 6 years whether or not to paint them. Well, once I decided to go ahead, I noticed that they are actually a laminate! :eek: Sooooo, no problemo with painting over that! ;) I don't know how well it shows in the pictures I posted, but we replaced the gold shiny hardware with the polished nickle finished ones. That alone makes a huge difference!

The beadboarding is very easy to install. Just comes in sheets that you cut to length and nail up! It makes such a big architectural difference. Christiansmommy ... I'd love to see pictures of the changes you've made as well! Any kind of trim / molding work really adds so much!

Rachel ... the countertops were already the red ... we had them installed that way. Now they just FINALLY make sense! :rolleyes: I'll be glad to give you any help you might want ... I'm no expert but I always have loved interior design!

Gemini ... please post pictures when you finish your painting too!

Jenn .... I love your kitchen! Those checked curtains are great! Just add a little color to your walls if you think you need more color! Also, as far as your cabinets, just changing out the hardware makes a whole new look! I've always loved WHITE in a kitchen though .. just a nice clean look!

Sara ... I'm glad you like it!! ;)

Kim ... you know me too well! ;) Don't worry, I am very happy with it ... FINALLY and it was too big of a job to do over any time soon! :p

sirrahbed
07-20-2007, 03:39 PM
It is beautiful, Kim :) Wish I could pop over for a cup of coffee - that looks like such a cozy place to sit!!

Almita
07-20-2007, 03:48 PM
I love the color of your walls, i love that color. One of my favorite colors.

I'm in love with your floor tile. I'm a sucker for checkered stuff.

critter crazy
07-20-2007, 03:50 PM
ONce again Kim, you have doen an amazing job!!! I so wish I had your talent!! Looks fabulous!!!