PDA

View Full Version : Need Male Names for Labbie Pup :)

NoahsMommy
07-19-2007, 11:18 PM
Hey Guys!

We are getting a puppy for my step-dad, Jerry, sometime in October (mom dog is due 8/10) and we've been bouncing some names around (some are: Bruin, Freddie, Rufus, Wooden, etc.), but we just can't seem to find the perfect name for our new addition.

Can you help? Please post your names of any male fur/feathered/scaley/etc. friends you have/want/have had/will have or any ideas you'd think would be cute for a male chocolate or black lab.

Some "ideas" that may help. Jerry (my step-dad) LOVES sports in any form. He loves, loves, loves UCLA, especially their football and baseball teams. He loves the Dodgers...all baseball. He says he prefers non-human names, but isn't totally opposed to them if they're good names. What does "good human name" mean you ask? GOOD question...I'll get back to you...I think like, Freddy (For someone named Freddie/Freddy Blassy (spelling?)) so if they're after a sports star, they're OK.

Mom is GORGEOUS and I'd die and go to heaven if we got a male just like her. Her name is Licorice and is a shiny black lab. Here's a picture of her:
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/Licorice.jpg

Dad is a stud muffin and is a super champion in the shows aparently! He's a chocolate lab and is fully trained! Here's his picture(s):
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/Rootbeer1.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/Rootbeer2.jpg

We are meeting them (and the breeder) this Saturday at 11 a.m. to gauge temperments. We've already sent the breeder our application and deposit, so after Saturday, we get to read our Lab and Training books. We'll be crate training, so I know I'll be spending a whole lot of time over in the Dog side for help. :)

Anyway. I'm going to try and find my digital camera parts and take pictures of Mommy and Daddy dogs on Saturday and I'll post here afterwards for you all. I'm so excited to meet these dogs, especially Licorice, for I've fallen in love... :D

Please just list as many male names you can think of, it'll help us so much!

~ :) :D THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) ~

Love, Kelly :)

xoxoxoxo

wombat2u2004
07-19-2007, 11:45 PM
Rover ????

shais_mom
07-20-2007, 12:07 AM
I think I like Dodger!!
Lexus?
;)
I know what your parents drive.

I'll be thinking......

jackmilliesmom
07-20-2007, 04:37 AM
How about Mocha for a chocolate lab and Sable for a black lab or I love the names Gus, Remo or Trigger for male names they are just stand out names for me or find out male names used by the father dogs and mother dogs parents or lineage and you may get one from there.

dukedogsmom
07-20-2007, 05:31 AM
Check out this link:
http://www.top-dogs-names.com/black-dog-names.html
My favorite is onyx.

Marigold2
07-20-2007, 07:04 AM
What a great website. :)
Check out this link:
My favorite is onyx.

WELOVESPUPPIES
07-20-2007, 08:29 AM
The name Hunter comes to mind for a chocolate lab.

Other names I like
Xander
Ramsey
Nin(means black saphire)
Sholo(black)
Shyma(black) might sound kinda feminine ending in A
Willy Wonka(chocolate lab of course) if you want a silly fun name

Just some ideas.

k9krazee
07-20-2007, 09:07 AM
I like Dodger!

angelbow20
07-20-2007, 09:20 AM
How about Brady, Sport, Slugger, Champ, or harley.

CountryWolf07
07-20-2007, 10:22 AM
Your dad loves the Dodgers? WHY not name him "Dodger"!!!! :)

king2005
07-20-2007, 01:53 PM
like other have said, I really like Dodger

elizabethann
07-20-2007, 02:04 PM
My brother calls his 2 chocolate Labs BEAR and MOOSE.

How about that?

Zippy
07-20-2007, 02:09 PM
Duke
Rocky
Bailey
Bear
Bud
Ebony
Buck
Tucker

NoahsMommy
07-20-2007, 04:53 PM
There are a lot of cute ideas here!!

I'm not the one naming the dog, my step-dad is...so I don't have a say. AND...I will say, Jerry is VERY, VERY, VERY picky. Did I say VERY at all? Cause he is...VERY. ;) ha ha

(Stace, Lexus {Lexie?} would be cute, but more for a girl pup...maybe for my mom's Dapple Doxie in 2.3 years. :) )

Please keep them coming...I just know he'll need like 500 to choose from. ha ha! ;)

Val, THANK YOU SO MUCH for that website! I knew there had to be dog name sites, but had no idea they had black dog name sites!! COOL!! I'm going there now. Thank you!! :)

Hugs and Love,
Kelly :)

Thanks so much everyone, please keep them coming. Any idea is a good one (or two...or three...or...)

AdoreMyDogs
07-20-2007, 10:04 PM
Congrats on the upcoming puppy! Those parents are drop-dead gorgeous!!! Jackmilliesmom here mentioned Gus, wow is that ever a good labbie name in my opinion. I love the name Gus for a labbie boy. I think it's just adorable and so fitting....especially a chocolate or black labbie boy.

NoahsMommy
07-20-2007, 11:45 PM
Check out this link:
My favorite is onyx.

What a fabulous site Val, thank you!!! :)

Genny
07-21-2007, 12:44 AM
For the Choc. Lab

Hershey
Jake
Max

For the Black Lab

Onyx
Sammy
Rex

Just some names I thought of real quick :)
let us know what he names the new pup!!

NoahsMommy
07-21-2007, 05:28 PM
Hey there,

Thanks for the names guys. They're great!! :)

So, we went to go meet Licorice and Rootbeer and these dogs are SO GREAT!!! We even got to meet a 14-week old cream colored pup named Avalon that I got to help train!! She is soooooo gorgeous!! I helped her do "sit", "stay (for 10 seconds)", "high 5", "lay down" and she did soooooooo well! She was almost teaching ME how to train HER!! This breeder is fantastic! Professional, but so down to earth, I mean, hello?!? She's a dog breeder, of course she's going to be totally fabulous and cool, what else would I expect. (Well, some people get all uppity, but she's so not that way, and not at all Back Yard Breeder either.)

We left there very happy and secure in our decision and my mom is even thinking of changing her mind about getting her Dapple Doxie when she retires in 2 years and instead getting TWO lab pups now so Jerry's pup has someone to play with!!!!! OMG, can you imagine TWO lab pups?? My parents don't really know what they're in for, huh??

I'm going to go to Dog General and ask some advice.

Anyway. Names are still needed, Jerry really likes Sports names...so that may help. I'm going to go search some sports sites and write those down for Jerry so he can pick.

Thanks so much guys. :)

Hugs, Kelly