PDA

View Full Version : Six-hour dog paddle to Toddle home

ramanth
07-24-2002, 11:37 AM
What a lucky and amazing pooch. :)

Six-hour dog paddle to Toddle home

July 23 2002

London - A Labrador has survived a 16-kilometre, six-hour swim off the English south coast to return exhausted to his owner after falling off his boat.

Todd, a two-year-old Labrador, had swum from Cowes on the Isle of Wight across the Solent, his owner Peter Loizou said on Tuesday.

The dog then swam up the tidal stretch of a river to make land at Beaulieu in the New Forest, where he was found by passer-by.

Police used scanning equipment to detect a chip in Todd's neck and returned him to Loizou some 10 hours after he had fallen overboard.

Loizou spent four hours frantically searching the waters of the Solent before giving up and returning to his home in Winsor, near Cadnam on the outskirts of the forest, where Todd arrived shortly afterwards. - Sapa-DPA

Fett
07-24-2002, 12:14 PM
That's quite impressive!!!!

Think Kia would swim 6 hours? :lol

Presley
07-24-2002, 12:21 PM
I posted that story and no one even said a thing about it!!!
Ah well i should expect that no one reads my posts!

mugsy
07-24-2002, 12:45 PM
I was just going to say that Melissa just posted the same story!! lol Isn't that amazing??

ramanth
07-24-2002, 12:55 PM
I'm sorry Melissa! I completely missed it. Bad me. :(

Andy... you leave my pup alone...or... or.... I'll make her lick you! ;) *laughs*

mugsy
07-24-2002, 01:00 PM
Andy you meanie!! Don't tease Kimmy like that! lol Although I'm sure Kia would swim that far to get back to her mommy and daddy!

Fett
07-24-2002, 01:04 PM
Yeah right! Remember her eyes as she swam 2 feet back to the dock at the Bark Park? LOL!

Just kidding.......:p