PDA

View Full Version : Pages of the new Harry Potter book online?

Kirsten
07-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Apparently, many pages of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" (official release July 21) have been photographed or scanned and were posted on the internet. However it is not confirmed if they were copies of the real book, or just fakes, but rumour goes that one book shop had delivered the books two days earlier.

Here's an article from cnn (no spoilers posted here!): Harry Potter spoilers spread over Internet (http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/books/07/18/books.potter.spoilers.ap/index.html)

Meanwhile, lawyers interfered and most of the pages have been removed from the net, but a German website posted some of the details, and I couldn't resist to read them (but I won't tell you, don't worry). If it was really from the real book, learning about the ending of the story now makes no difference for me, as I have to wait for the German version which won't be released before the end of October, but the English version is going to be released in two days, and then we will hear about all the details anyway. So by the time I finally get my copy, I will already know how Harry's story is ending.

I was thinking about ordering the English version (because I don't want to wait till October), but since I own the other six HP books in the German edition, I want the final one to be fitting in there. Hope that makes some sense! LOL

Kirsten

Roxyluvsme13
07-19-2007, 04:35 PM
I read the supposed epilogue, but there's two versions of the book on the whole internet that are going around.. so one of them is possibly the real one? :confused:

Karen
07-19-2007, 05:59 PM
I'm not even gonna give them the credit of my traffic to look for them. I want to read the real book, and I'll wait.

Alysser
07-19-2007, 08:14 PM
I won't believe any of them until the book comes out. Supposedly someone stole the tanscripts and returned them? I don't believe it. They are being guarded by security guards! Only have to wait another 24 hrs since I'm going to the midnight primere thingy at my local book store. :)

Sonia59
07-20-2007, 06:56 AM
Like karen, I rather prefer the whole real book. I should have it tomorrow in my mail box, and I will not look at Internet before.

Kirsten
07-21-2007, 06:53 AM
Well, today's "The Day"! Anyone here who already got his copy?

I'm so jealous! LOL I hate it to wait for October!

Kirsten