PDA

View Full Version : Victor...

Addie
07-19-2007, 12:04 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting probably the sweetest horse ever yesterday. Better yet, I got to ride him. He is a 16 hh Thoroughbred, dark bay with a little star. He's been at the stables about 3 months, I've seen him before but I didn't ride him before because he was new. Victor is a pussy cat. He really is. He loves attention and getting his neck scratched and he loves loves loves getting groomed. He's 20 years old, and an ex racer. The one thing about him thats not good, is he was beat before. If you raise your hand by his head or move too suddenly, he thinks he's getting hit. I had trouble putting his bridle on because he was a bit scared.

Well I finally got around to riding him. I had the chance to ride with a 6 1/2 year old boy named George. I was working Victor on the lunge, and George moved in towards the circle realllly cutting it close when I was trying to get him to trot. So, Victor started to canter and I leaned forward a little, but he had extended his head and the reins are really short for him, so it kept pulling, so he bucked me off and I fell on my hip. I was kinda shocked and I had a little trouble talking, but we took him right over to the mounting block once I could walk again (I only need the mounting block for him. hes huge.) I got right back on him, and this time George stayed away a little.

:) So Victor did good the rest of the time, walking over the cavaletti poles, and he got a little excited once when he hit the fence with his tail and it moved, but he was okay. I feel bad for him...after I got back up on him and started giving him praise for the things he was doing correct, he was more motivated to go back and do it again. My riding instructor liked how much he was improving in that hour, she gave me an opportunity to come back and train him tomorrow. So if my hip isn't killing me like it is today, I get to go see him and help train.

JuniorxMyxLove
07-19-2007, 02:03 PM
cool. ahh I hate when people like George do that! haha whatever.

I hope your hip is okay! The next time you ride him, be sure to try to get pictures ;]

Addie
07-25-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm definatley going to be taking pictures of him...

I'm riding him tomorrow again. We're working on trotting because that seems to be when he gets worked up.

(My mom is stealing my camera so I wont be able to get pics. I do ride again next tuesday though.)

Karen
07-25-2007, 05:28 PM
He sounds like a real sweetheart. Give him a good skritch for me, okay? And we look forward to the pictures!