PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Home Depot Customer

Freedom
07-19-2007, 09:25 AM
I received this in email this morning; no idea if it really is "real." For those in other countries, Home Depot is a store for DIY!

Home Depot customer

My Friends, I give you

THE DUMBEST GUY ON EARTH!

This picture is real - not doctored in any way - and was taken by a Transportation Supervisor for a company that delivers building materials for 84 Lumber. When he saw it in the parking lot of IHOP, he went to buy a camera to take pictures.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/Chaplin/homedepotnut.jpg

The car is still running, as can be witnessed by the exhaust.

The driver finally came back after the police were called, and was found crouched behind the rear of the car, attempting to cut the twine around the load! Luckily, the police stopped him and had the load removed .

The materials were loaded at Home Depot. Their store manager said they made the customer sign a waiver.

While the plywood and 2X4's are fairly obvious, what you can't see is the back seat, which contains are you ready for this? 10 bags of concrete @ 80 lbs. each.

They estimated the load weight at 3000 lbs. Both back tires exploded, the wheels bent and the rear shocks were driven through the floorboard.

mruffruff
07-19-2007, 09:34 AM
But he did it himself! :rolleyes:

wombat2u2004
07-19-2007, 09:50 AM
Oh boy.....I haven't seen one as bad as that yet....LOL.
But being a builder, I do see some real beauties.
Wom

king2005
07-19-2007, 10:03 AM
Ummm O.O

smokey the elder
07-19-2007, 10:09 AM
This has been floating around for at least 5 years!

Lady's Human
07-19-2007, 10:45 AM
Don't know if that's real or a photoshop, but I've seen some amazing attempts at loading.

Plywood stacked on top of a car going down the highway with the wood attempting to fly off of the roof, a sofa, 2x4's sticking out of both front windows of a car with the "driver" sitting in the middle of the front seat trying to drive, it's amazing the lengths people will go to, especially considering that most Lowe's and Home Despot stores have trucks you can rent for cheap to move oversize items.

The best on I've seen is someone loading a large picture window onto the roof of a car. (resting on the glass with the window frame sticking out on all 4 sides) Anyone want to place bets on what kind of shape it was in when they went to install it?

Blue_Frog
07-19-2007, 10:57 AM
According to Snopes, its true :)

http://www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/lumber.asp

.. and somehow i'm not surprised that someone would do that :rolleyes:

DJFyrewolf36
07-19-2007, 12:07 PM
I can't immagine what was going through this guys head :rolleyes:

lizbud
07-19-2007, 12:11 PM
Wow, unbelieveable. :eek: I guess GWB is not the only one living in a
fantasy world. :p

Alysser
07-19-2007, 12:15 PM
.. and somehow i'm not surprised that someone would do that :rolleyes:

I agree. :p Poor car lol.

Cinder & Smoke
07-19-2007, 01:06 PM
But I've seen some amazing attempts at loading.

Yupperz ... GUILTY! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/tongue.gif

I was still in high school - "workin" in Pete's basement "fixin" TVs and early two-way radios.
We needed CONCRETE in the driveway - our outdoor repair area for mobile radio equipped vehicles.

The "adults" decided a pick-em-up truck would be needed to haul dirt out and materials in.
They actually found a U-Haul type place that would RENT a 3/4 ton (not so spry) truck -
3-speed on the column tranny, small engine ~~ she'd been around the block a few times.
We spent DAYS hand-digging and hand-shoveling dirt & rocks into the truck, hauling it off to
a place wanting "clean fill", HAND-shoveling it all OFF, and returning for another load.

We're ready for "BASE" for the concrete.
"Baby Stu" - a BIG college kid / member of the Gang found a local (15-20 miles away) Steel Mill
that sold "genuine STEEL Blast Furnace Slag" (read that as HEAVY Stuff).
Stu had proved to be one of the few who could master shifting the balky column shifter,
so he and I took the first Slag Run. We went in the Office to order ...

What'cha want, guys?
Stu spouted off the slag "flavour" we wanted.
How much?
Fill up the truck.
WHAT Truck? he said, looking out at the parking lot and only seeing our lil pick-em-up.
"Ohhhhh" he sez. He punched the intercom and *mumbled* to the Plant Operator.
"OK - Pull on the scale, guys."
We weighed in and were motioned to pull under the Plant.
We'd hardly stopped when a mighty ROAR erupted and the truck <shook> violently
for a few seconds ... dust filled the open cab windows. I guessed we were "loaded".

We looked back ... that's not a LOAD! LOTSA space left! We looked up at the Plant Operator
(who if I remember correctly was <grinning> like the Cheshire Kat) and
motioned to put s'more IN.
He politely asked "Are you SURE?" over the squawk box. We both nodded "YES!"
He motioned for us to *step back* ... flipped a few levers and "s'more" was loaded into the Hopper.
Another ROAR and more truck violent <shaking> ... We now had TWICE what they
normally put on a pick-up ... "I can squeeze a lil more on if you'd like" The Voice boomed out.
I detected a slight <smirk> in his voice ... we declined any more.
"Head back to the scales, guys" ... He was almost falling out of his chair, LAFFIN!

He KNEW we couldn't GET to the scales ... the front tires hardly touched the ground ...
we couldn't *TURN* the truck! He'd already radioed the Front End Loader to come over ...
Another WIDLY-<grinning> Operator pulled up behind us and nestled his bucket under the
truck ... "TRY to drop the tail-gate, guys - I'll catch as much as I can in the bucket."

He had to climb down and help push on the tail-gate so we could un-latch it.
And he'd brought shovels - TWO shovels ... he crawled back up into his air-conditioned cab
and started drinking coffee - whilst Baby Stu and I shoveled off a mountain of
HEAVY Slag!

We scaled out and stopped at the Office to settle up ... "WOW! ... That's STILL A LOT
for a pick-em-up ... how far you guys GOIN? ... Better stop at the Maintenance Shop
and get some AIR for those back tires!"

We aired the tires ... the Mechanics all came out to watch us leave the Plant -
we quickly figured out WHY!
The poor truck STILL could hardly turn! Over 20 mph - it was impossible to turn!

We made another 4 or 5 Slag Runs that week ... but we let the Plant Operator
decide when we were "Full"! The <grins> never stopped.
I often wondered how may bets were placed against our getting "home" with that first load.

/s/ the Assistant Truck Driver

ILUVWRIGLEY
07-29-2007, 03:10 PM
This has been floating around for at least 5 years!

This picture and story are REAL and definitelly NOT a hoax! You've seen it floating around for 5 years because this incident took place in 2002. Check out the website below to view further amateur photos of this vehicle

http://www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/lumber

Catty1
07-29-2007, 06:58 PM
oops - gotta add ".asp" at the end....

http://www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/lumber.asp

RICHARD
07-29-2007, 07:36 PM
I remember that picture.

--------

My personal favorite was sitting at a stoplight and looking into a gas station.

This is what I was able to piece together....

The car was a Jeep wagon. The driver had just picked up a chirstmas tree, loaded it into the car and stopped to get gas. Apparently it was too cold to be driving down the street with the back window up.....so, he reached up and BOOM.........Glass all over the place..

The tree trunk stuck out just enough to bust out the window-

I laughed. :eek: