PDA

View Full Version : This Is Just Awful!!!

Pawla
07-19-2007, 08:45 AM
:mad: I came across this article on my home page this morning, and thought I would share with everyone. Things like this honestly make me sick to my stomach! What is wrong with people?!!!
http://www.comcast.net/news/index.jsp?cat=GENERAL&fn=/2007/07/18/717977.html&cvqh=itn_cat

Lizzie
07-19-2007, 09:25 AM
I remember an incident where I live, many years ago when there were a couple of guys on my roof doing repairs. They saw a small dog run over by a 17-18 year-old woman with friends in the car, who then all roared with laughter as she backed over it again. These were rough and tough guys who scrambled down from the roof as fast as they could to help. They were utterly shocked by the callousness of these young women, nearly in tears over it. What sort of background causes such actions?!

I'm worried about what happened to the other kittens in cages that disappeared from the same place. This cat is being given care, I wonder where the others are and what they are going/have gone through.

Pawla
07-19-2007, 09:37 AM
I remember an incident where I live, many years ago when there were a couple of guys on my roof doing repairs. They saw a small dog run over by a 17-18 year-old woman with friends in the car, who then all roared with laughter as she backed over it again. These were rough and tough guys who scrambled down from the roof as fast as they could to help. They were utterly shocked by the callousness of these young women, nearly in tears over it. What sort of background causes such actions?!

I'm worried about what happened to the other kittens in cages that disappeared from the same place. This cat is being given care, I wonder where the others are and what they are going/have gone through.
It shocks me that women do these kinds of things, and I don't mean that guys would be more likely. It's just that being a woman, I just don't get it. I wondered about the other kittens, also. I think the girls in this case should be made to pay the vet bills for this cat. I don't think community service cleaning crap out of cages at an animal shelter should be ruled out, either!

catmandu
07-19-2007, 09:49 AM
There seems to be so much meaness and frustration in our Countries and I cant understand why.Here we are the most affluent people in the world and so many people are so aggresive and mean. I think that having too much withot having to earn it is spoiling the newer generations and making them negative.
And people are jaded and bored from having too much they are looking for thrills.
I hope they rot in hell.

aki
07-19-2007, 10:20 AM
i bawled when i read that this morning :(

our species really sucks sometimes

~Aki

Anikaca77
07-19-2007, 10:30 AM
I hope these girls get what's coming to them.

I want to donate does anyone know how we can??

Anikaca77
07-19-2007, 10:33 AM
Animal Hospital of Cotati
(707) 792-0200

www.awebsitecomingsoon.com

576 E Cotati Ave
Cotati, CA 94931

does anyone know if thsi is the correct number or address that I could send money too??

I'd adopt this baby. If she wasn't so far away.

jazzcat
07-19-2007, 10:53 AM
I read that last night online and got very upset. Later when we were watching the local news at 11 on Tivo Richard fastforwarded through a story and when I asked why he said it was about some boys who did something cruel to some kittens here in east TN and he didn't want me to hear it. I was glad he saved me more heartache.

Pawla
07-19-2007, 10:54 AM
Animal Hospital of Cotati
(707) 792-0200

www.awebsitecomingsoon.com

576 E Cotati Ave
Cotati, CA 94931

does anyone know if thsi is the correct number or address that I could send money too??

I'd adopt this baby. If she wasn't so far away.
Could you maybe have her shipped to you? The article said that the vet was donating services, but I would bet they would take donations if someone was willing to give. I suppose you could call, and ask them. I hope these girls get what's coming to them, also. Any punishment given will not be sufficient, given what this poor baby has been through!

Anikaca77
07-19-2007, 01:03 PM
you can send your donation through this website:

http://www.forgottenfelines.com/

Laura's Babies
07-19-2007, 01:20 PM
God will get them one day.... He does not forget!

Catty1
07-19-2007, 02:33 PM
This was also in the Dog House a while back...

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=130321

Anikaca77
07-19-2007, 02:45 PM
I still hope these girls are put in jail and the burned to see how it feels.

How could someone do that to a poor kitten.

I did check about possibly adopting Adam but there is waiting list for him so I'm sure he will get the best home.

I hope those girls go to ...... :mad:

Melissa

Medusa
07-19-2007, 02:47 PM
Cruelty of this nature is what got me actively started in cat rescue. I had been, up until that time, rescuing whatever needed rescuing. I still do that but I was actively involved for 14 years and the cases just kept on coming. These girls should have to pay the vet bills and take care of that cat, while supervised, of course. They should see the damage and pain that they caused. This poor boy needs to go to a home where he can receive total attention from the family or I'd take him myself. But I shudder to think that another cat would pick on him after all he's been through. God/dess bless him.

fragrancehound
07-19-2007, 03:06 PM
People make me sick. I have no idea what would possess a person to act so cruel and horrible to an animal. I personally think that those who abuse animals should face the exact same torture on themselves that they inflict on an innocent animal. Maybe then they would think twice about hurting an innocent creature.

Medusa
07-19-2007, 03:13 PM
I either read somewhere or heard on TV that kids who torture/maim/kill animals are very likely to do the same to humans later because they need a bigger thrill, Jeffrey Dahmer case in point. I had a neighbor whose boys buried their own dog up to its neck, then pelted its head w/stones. I ran outside and stopped them and for 9 long years after that, they made our lives a living hell, vandalizing our yards, mailbox, house, cars, ganging up on our son. We since moved out of the area and, no, it was not in a bad part of town; it was an upscale neighborhood. I've not heard what has become of them; I can only imagine that they're all 3 in prison now or making some woman's life hell on earth. Society had better wake up; this is serious stuff! :mad:

Pawla
07-19-2007, 03:22 PM
I either read somewhere or heard on TV that kids who torture/maim/kill animals are very likely to do the same to humans later because they need a bigger thrill, Jeffrey Dahmer case in point.
You are correct. Most serial killers start as children abusing animals. I just don't understand what they're thinking. I guess I'm really glad I don't understand it. I would hate to think I was capable of some atrocious act such as this! What ever happened to the dog?

Medusa
07-19-2007, 05:26 PM
They gave the dog away; at least, that's what they said. Later they got a cat and the mother, frantic, called me to come and look at it. She said "I think it's dead." I went to the house and it was dead, the vet said probably from feline leukemia. I don't know for sure and they didn't get another animal after that, at least while I still lived in the neighborhood.

Pawla
07-19-2007, 07:18 PM
They gave the dog away; at least, that's what they said. Later they got a cat and the mother, frantic, called me to come and look at it. She said "I think it's dead." I went to the house and it was dead, the vet said probably from feline leukemia. I don't know for sure and they didn't get another animal after that, at least while I still lived in the neighborhood.
Sounds as if they didn't need another one. Sounds as if they didn't need the ones they had.

catmandu
07-20-2007, 09:49 AM
The Late Great Johnny Cash did an approquite song on his last CD. Its called the Lords Gonna Cut Them Down and warns these creeps who think that they are getting away with things that sooner or later there will be a reckoning with a vengeful Lord.
The Lord indeed will cut them down.