PDA

View Full Version : suggestions on cell phone....

Donnaj4962
07-19-2007, 08:42 AM
I have my cell phone through Verizon, and I have the "new every 2" plan in which I can get a new phone every 2 years. A great deal for me who cannot really afford a new phone, so I get a NEW one. Last October, I got a Motorola Razor phone with the plan. I love it! It is so small and fits into my pocket when I am not carrying my purse.

Anyway.... yesterday, I was working a festival here in town, and I had my cell phone in my pocket, and I was carrying a walkie talkie all day also. Several times during the day, I had to put the walkie talkie in my pocket, and at some point, the walkie talkie and my cell must have made contact and the glass on the front of my phone is shattered! It is intact, but shattered and I am certain it will break out completely at any time.

Stupidly, I did not take out insurance on the phone. (I have had cells for years, and never needed it... until now!)

Has anyone had anything similiar to this happen to them? I am wondering if I am going to have to buy a whole new phone, or if the glass can be replaced? I can't get to the Verizon store until this weekend, so until then I am treating my phone with very special attention!

Any suggestions would be helpful! And.... I WILL BE GETTING THE INSURANCE!!!!! Thanks.

king2005
07-19-2007, 09:05 AM
Your phone should still be under warranty, but I'm not sure if that is covered. If its not, well its prob. just cheaper to buy a new one. A screen is usually very costly to replace.

Talk to your service provider first.. As calling the manufactor will do no good as its uaually the service provider that does ALL repairs for cell phones... If the service provider is of no help, then try the manufactor as you might get lucky.

Best of luck :)

Donnaj4962
07-19-2007, 03:23 PM
Thanks. I don't know what I am going to do yet. This same phone is selling for $250.00, :eek: so I know that if I have to get a new one, I won't be getting the Razor again. I will think about it, so some more research, and try to make a decision this weekend.

Roxyluvsme13
07-19-2007, 04:24 PM
My screen on my first cell phone got busted (mine was prepaid though) and they said the screen wasn't replaceable, so I had to buy a new phone.

Maybe it's different with Verizon, but as Jess said, I don't think it would be cheap to replace the screen.

Good luck!

anna_66
07-19-2007, 08:43 PM
When we got our new phones last year (LG 8300) my husband dropped his and broke the lens for the camera. He was able to order just the lens right from Verizon. I hope it's that easy for you. Good luck!