PDA

View Full Version : Tammy Faye to be on Larry King (CNN) tonight

Pam
07-19-2007, 06:06 AM
I saw a snippet of the interview on Larry's program last night and tonight he will spend the whole hour with Tammy Faye. Regardless of what one may think of this woman, she has been through more than enough in her life. The mess that swirled around the PTL Club and her ex-husband and his affair with the church secretary would have been enough for me but now she is slowly dying from cancer. I was not prepared for just how much weight she has lost (she weighs just 65 lbs.). I found myself gasping. For those who smoke, Tammy's cancer is in her lungs, although she was not a smoker. The short clip is here:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2007/07/18/sot.tammy.faye.messner.in.my.lungs.cnn

moosmom
07-19-2007, 07:50 AM
I saw that clip on the news this morning. She looks awful! Poor lady.

inlovewithanimals
07-19-2007, 08:40 AM
I just watched that click it is just awfull how she is always in pain. :(

lizbud
07-19-2007, 04:57 PM
I saw her last night on the preview King showed of the interview. She
looks like death warmed over. :( I wonder why she keeps using all that
make-up, it doesn't help her much. I feel so sorry to see any one suffering
like that. I don't know if I could bear seeing such suffering again. She can
hardly breath. :( probably won't watch tonight.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-19-2007, 05:10 PM
I was just flipping through the channels when I saw that clip. I thought it was someone pretending to be her for a bit. Then I realized it was really her.
How sad!!! She looks like a living skeleton!!! :(

slick
07-19-2007, 05:53 PM
There but for you go I, Tammy.

There but for you go I. :(

Catty1
07-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Tammy's babies, Tuppins and Muffin :)

http://www.tammyfaye.com/images/MuffieTuppie.jpg

Catty1
07-19-2007, 06:18 PM
From Reuters

http://www.reuters.com/resources/r/?m=02&d=20070509&t=2&i=771302&w=350

"Tammy Faye Bakker, the disgraced televangelist whose reputations was rehabilitated through a documentary and reality show, has penned a goodbye letter to her fans in which she says doctors have stopped treating her cancer.

"The doctors have stopped trying to treat the cancer and so now it's up to God and my faith. And that's enough! But please continue to pray for the pain and sick stomach," Tammy Faye wrote in a letter to her "faithful friends" on her Web site.

"My precious daughter, Tammy Sue, and her wonderful friends are staying with me," Tammy Faye wrote. "They don't want me falling down the stairs. I am down weight wise to 65 pounds, and look like a scarecrow. I need God's miracle to swallow."

In 1996 Tammy Faye was diagnosed with colon cancer. In 2004 she learned the cancer had returned, this time in her lungs."

Pam
07-19-2007, 06:59 PM
I wonder why she keeps using all that
make-up,

I guess she feels that she needs it now more than ever. :(

Catty, the picture you posted was as I remembered seeing her the last time she was on TV. The clip I saw last night really shocked me. She always enjoyed being with Larry and he often would get a laugh out of some of the things she would say. I think it is fitting that she gave what is probably her last intervew to Larry.

Alysser
07-19-2007, 08:22 PM
How awful. I heard this awhile back that she had cancer, but I never knew she was dying from it. Poor woman. :( I feel so sorry she has to suffer with so much pain in her body. That's awful...

momoffuzzyfaces
07-19-2007, 08:45 PM
I wonder why she keeps using all that
make-up, it doesn't help her much.
I think I can answer that partially any way.
I know from my own health issues, when you start having to change your life and give up the things that make you you, you start hanging onto any part of your life that makes you feel "normal". Poor Tammy probably doesn't have much that makes her feel good right now.

I sure admire her faith and courage. I watched the first half of the show tonight.

elizabethann
07-20-2007, 08:25 AM
I saw her on t.v. last night (like Entertainment Tonight or something like that). I was speechless when I saw her. I loved her spunk though. She said she still wears her big eyelashes and makeup because it's her signature. I thought that was a great response.

lizbud
07-20-2007, 08:33 AM
I think I can answer that partially any way.
I know from my own health issues, when you start having to change your life and give up the things that make you you, you start hanging onto any part of your life that makes you feel "normal". Poor Tammy probably doesn't have much that makes her feel good right now.

I sure admire her faith and courage. I watched the first half of the show
tonight.

Well, I do understand that. You're probably right. I did watch the interview last night & the more I watched, the more I listened to what
she had to say & not how she looked. She is a remarkable person.

Pam
07-20-2007, 12:19 PM
the more I watched, the more I listened to what
she had to say & not how she looked. She is a remarkable person.

I agree with you Liz. After the initial shock I was able to get past her appearance and hear her. I found her to be very genuine and sweet. I think she inspired many who watched. Even Larry said he thinks she has probably helped a lot of people.

wombat2u2004
07-20-2007, 12:28 PM
I don't know much about this lady and her husband, but I have heard of them.
Didn't they get done for fraud or embezzlement or something like that ????
I remember they hit the news some years ago down here in Aussieland.
Wom

Pam
07-20-2007, 12:39 PM
I don't know much about this lady and her husband, but I have heard of them.
Didn't they get done for fraud or embezzlement or something like that ????
I remember they hit the news some years ago down here in Aussieland.
Wom

Wom, I found a link that explains it all better than I can.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Bakker
I don't know how much of a part of it all, if any, Tammy Faye played. I never watched their show and didn't care for the way they portrayed Christianity when they were on television. To me Tammy Faye is much more likable now than she ever was then.

wombat2u2004
07-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Hmmmmm...that was an interesting read.
It all sort of came back to me when I read that. I do remember it all now.
Thanks Pam,
Wom

petslover
07-20-2007, 04:04 PM
I think the world of Tammy Faye. She has so much of my respect! I look up to her. I think she is an amazing person. I really gained so much respect for her when she was on the reality show Surreal Life. She was such a down to earth person & treated everyone equal. I admire her faith in God. I admire everything about her. She is truely a hero in my eyes.

She is so strong and courageous. I mean just because your sick doesn't mean your going to stop your favorite things (hers in putting on her makeup). I have an outstanding amount of respect for this lady. I hate to hear that she is in so much pain. I really hope God has a miracle for this lady to keep her around on Earth alot longer.. but only God knows whats right for her.. so He will make the best decision.

Catty1
07-20-2007, 06:59 PM
IN the interview, Larry asked her if she had any regrets. She didn't really, she said. He asked about the PTL time - that was with all the fraud and stuff...

She said it was a really awful/terrible time. But I think she stays positive by not dwelling on what is done and over with.

I had never paid much attention to her over the years - but I watched the whole hour. Her eyes and smile were still bright - I thought they would look ghoulish if she laughed. But no. And she was chipper about having gained 5 lbs since the previous interview.

God bless her.

RICHARD
07-22-2007, 02:43 AM
Wow,

Rip Tammy.

Here today.....

Pam
07-22-2007, 06:39 AM
She's gone. See here ...
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=130873

:(