PDA

View Full Version : Have a read of what some creep has done.

wombat2u2004
07-18-2007, 10:59 PM
This was in our local newspaper yesterday.

The Armidale Independent
Wed, July 18, 2007

THIRD MURDER
A third dead, mutilated kangaroo in two weeks has been found this week at the University of New England.
All have been described by police and UNE spokespeople as disturbingly gruesome.
The mutilated remains were found inside the normally safe kangaroo enclosure at the southern base of the campus itself.
While the kangaroos are not domesticated and are quite flighty, they are kept as a large scale animal showcase, particularly for overseas visitors and students.
Acting Inspector and Crime Manager Stuart Gray, said this type of animal cruelty carried up to $20,000 in fines or up to two years imprisonment.
The kangaroo and deer enclosures are indicative of the affection UNE and the broader community harbours for the wildlife. The brutal animal attacks and desecration have shocked and sickened those at the University and the local community.

I just hope they catch this/them idiot/s, and lock them away.
Bloody creeps they are !!!!
Wom

RICHARD
07-18-2007, 11:05 PM
Acting Inspector and Crime Manager Stuart Gray, said this type of animal cruelty carried up to $20,000 in fines or up to two years imprisonment.

Wom

Forget the fine and let me at them! :mad:

wombat2u2004
07-18-2007, 11:14 PM
Forget the fine and let me at them! :mad:

I'll hold them down, you can perform the castration.
Got a sharp razor blade ???? :eek:
Wom

Karen
07-18-2007, 11:15 PM
How sad. I hope they install video cameras and catch whoever is doing this.

wombat2u2004
07-18-2007, 11:30 PM
How sad. I hope they install video cameras and catch whoever is doing this.

I just heard from one of the profs I know that they are going to have a security guard 24 hours a day.
Hope that will keep the idiots out.
Wom

Marigold2
07-19-2007, 04:14 AM
Boys if you need some help................

Miss Z
07-19-2007, 04:21 AM
I'll hold them down, you can perform the castration.
Got a sharp razor blade ???? :eek:
Wom

I can help you there! During my veterinary work experience, I watched and assisted with a couple of cattle castrations. All you need is a scalpel, then you grasp, slice, pull, twist and chop. All done.

Hope you're all feeling uncomfy now, guys. :D ;)

Whoever's committing those horrible crimes must be absolutely crazy. Let's hope he/she doesn't turn to people next time around.

wombat2u2004
07-19-2007, 05:54 AM
During my veterinary work experience, I watched and assisted with a couple of cattle castrations. All you need is a scalpel, then you grasp, slice, pull, twist and chop. All done.

I don't know how many sheep I have done in my life, but it was always pull them out with your teeth after you make the initial cut, because you need both hands to complete to the work.
I was thinking........if I had a few of you all to help me....then I needn't use my teeth....eh ????? :p

moosmom
07-19-2007, 07:56 AM
That's awful. Kangaroos are sweet animals. I hope whoever did this rots in HELL! :mad:

critter crazy
07-19-2007, 07:58 AM
Awww....how sad!! I sure hope this person is caught!! Poor Kangaroos!:(

Blue_Frog
07-19-2007, 08:01 AM
Aww, those poor little guys :( I really hope that they catch whoever is doing this, and gives them the heave-ho into a crocodile pit - see how a brutal animal attack feels from the other side of things. :mad:

cassiesmom
07-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by Miss Z
During my veterinary work experience, I watched and assisted with a couple of cattle castrations. All you need is a scalpel, then you grasp, slice, pull, twist and chop. All done.
I'd like to grasp, slice, pull, twist, and chop those creeps. How awful. If that's not an option, then Wom, you can send them to live in Chicago for awhile and I'll make sure they end up in the ... er ... interesting neighborhoods. And defenseless, just as the kangaroos must have been.

Queen of Poop
07-20-2007, 06:25 PM
Ok. Now I'm really mad. I LOVE kangaroos. They are my favorite fur animal of all time!!! Let me at this guy!! I may be tiny, but I'll eat him for lunch!!

IttyBittyKitty
07-21-2007, 12:03 AM
:mad: How horrible!!! :( :( those poor kangaroos! Growing up in Canberra, kangaroos were everywhere, and they're just so adorable. They even go onto the school oval and munch on the grass when the students are in classes (pic here!! Clicky!! (http://www.covenant.act.edu.au/gallery.php?n=11&id=26&sid=&cid=1&ax=si&iid=11))

:mad:

wombat2u2004
07-21-2007, 12:54 AM
:mad: How horrible!!! :( :( those poor kangaroos! Growing up in Canberra, kangaroos were everywhere, and they're just so adorable. They even go onto the school oval and munch on the grass when the students are in classes (pic here!! Clicky!! (http://www.covenant.act.edu.au/gallery.php?n=11&id=26&sid=&cid=1&ax=si&iid=11))

:mad:

Yeah.....I was raised on our farm only 50 mile from there....plenty of kangaroos down that way.
Wom

cassiesmom
07-23-2007, 08:49 PM
You know what, Wom? I've got a better idea. Send the creep to Chicago. I will make sure that he has a job tending bar in a tavern that has a few off-duty Chicago police officers as patrons. The ones that tend to beat up on bartenders. (I mutter inappropriate language under my breath) Creep.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/local_story_080060454.html

wombat2u2004
07-24-2007, 06:19 AM
You know what, Wom? I've got a better idea. Send the creep to Chicago. I will make sure that he has a job tending bar in a tavern that has a few off-duty Chicago police officers as patrons. The ones that tend to beat up on bartenders. (I mutter inappropriate language under my breath) Creep.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/local_story_080060454.html

OMG....that is so terrible what that guy has done, and all caught on tape to.
Send the killer kangaroos in. :eek:
Wom