PDA

View Full Version : My dad and family..

animal_rescue
07-18-2007, 10:09 PM
So last week my mom left for a vaca she desperately needed. Her friend paid for the whole thing(aside from some spending money that my dad was suppose to send her but didn't) and they went to visit another friend in Kentucky. Well my mom came home today and pretty much as soon as she got here did the fighting start up again. I'm so sick of listening to them fight, I really wish they would just split up already. :(
Anyways my dad said something I never heard before. He told my mom that he might as well kill himself and she makes him want to commit suicide. Now my dad is on anti-depressants(his depression is the reason we're in so much trouble right now) but I don't think their working..
My mom really is talking about splitting up AGAIN and I'm really just ready for it. In fact I think they are both ready for it too, there is no love or compassion for each other at all. The whole family is miserable. It's been about 2 months now without electricity and I'm just at a loss what to do. I know my dad has been working but none of the money has gone to the bills. I hate my life right now and I can't stand being here.
I don't know what we're going to do if my parents split up. I'm, of course, worried about the animals. I can't let them get sent to the HS which I know they will if we move out. It's just so stressful.

Roxyluvsme13
07-18-2007, 10:11 PM
(((MEGAN)))

You are certainly in my thoughts. I am horrible at advice, and all I can really do is offer you some big hugs.

***HUGS***

I'm here if you need to talk.

crow_noir
07-18-2007, 10:58 PM
*hugs*

Been there and I know it's not fun. Do what you can to find happiness and safety.

Sevaede
07-18-2007, 11:52 PM
*hug* I am here any time you need to talk. :(

Karen
07-19-2007, 12:14 AM
Sending you hugs, and prayers.

Can you sit down with either one of them and say "If you are staying together for the sake of us kids, please don't. We know you are happier apart than together, and it hurts us to see you miserable. We can all get through this, and work it out, but you don't need to stay together."

I know several adults whose parents divorced when they were kids, and most say "We wish they had done so earlier, and not used us/me as an excuse to stay together and keep fighting."

Marigold2
07-19-2007, 03:49 AM
I am so sorry to hear of all the unhappiness in your family. How many animals do you have? Do you have family that can help?

animal_rescue
07-19-2007, 10:26 AM
Karen when my twin comes home today I think that's what we're going to do with mom. I'm going to talk to her about it first and if she agrees will go to mom together.

Marigold2 I don't have much family willing to help, my family isn't very close, but I know my aunt would take Maggie(she adores Maggie) and probably Roxie too. Also this other forum I'm on, I'm really really close with a ton of people on there, and I know they would help us out.

BTW Thanks everyone.

pitc9
07-19-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm so sorry things are still bad... you and your family will be in my prayers.
{{{hugs}}}

I think sitting down with everyone would be the best thing.
It's not always easy to talk to your family face to face, somepeople are afraid to say something that will upset someone else. But this is a VERY important time for you all to get everything out.

Catty1
07-19-2007, 12:15 PM
I don't know how old you and your sister are - but depending on the state you live in, you could legally declare independence from your parents. (That is, if you are too old for Children's Aid to get involved).

Some states provide you with the income, but also want to know you can work.

This is not because you don't love your mom - but just some support for you two so it might make it easier on her. Maybe there are less drastic legal options that would help you two.

I think that talk is a good idea - prayers it all works out.

{{{{hugs}}}}

elizabethann
07-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Could you send them each a letter expressing how you feel? Sometimes that's easier. I wish I could help you more. I'm sending you a hug so you can feel just a little bit better. Good luck.

Pembroke_Corgi
07-19-2007, 01:38 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I know how you feel- long before my parents separated I was miserable and wished they would. I agree with Karen- talk to your parents about how you feel.

Alysser
07-19-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm sorry you're still going through this Megan. I really hope things work out and everyone is happy soon enough. It's great you are going to attempt talking to your mom. I wish you luck! :)

animal_rescue
07-24-2007, 11:33 PM
So we talked to my mom today, it wasn't planned or anything. What happened was our next door neighbor just got out of jail and we're hooked up to their cable and whatnot so we had 2 lights, a tv, and like plug ins available in our house(I don't know if this is illegal or not, but I don't want to know, not my choice) he came over to collect his money for the electricty he says from the past week. He was talking to my sister and I, we told him my dad already paid his wife and he's like I told your dad not to pay that *word* and it's his fault if he did, he owes me my money! We were like well it counts and he isn't paying you. That's when his story changed and he's like well I'm not here for that I'm here to collect my money for the dope he bought from me, yea that's right your dad's shooting up dope, crack, ect! Believe it *word* So I finally told him to get out of here. He drove off after his passenger cussed us out. :rolleyes: Mind you I could have cared less, I mean I was angry but not hurt like my sister. She was in tears and I felt so bad for her. We went down to my aunt's house, we're we are staying now, and told our mom the conversation. She went to talk to dad, who of course stated he is not on drugs and their lying. However we heard from other people like 2 months ago that our dad bought drugs from them and blah blah blah. We told our mom, we believe them, we really do think he's on drugs again and we just want to leave him. Mom assured us that if he really was, then we would be gone no questions asked. I just can't take much of this anymore. I don't trust my dad and I don't know what's wrong with him. We've pretty much lost everything now and I doubt we're getting it back. I'm also worried about my as*hole neighbor doing something to the dogs, I think I'm going to move them to friends houses for awhile until I can figure something out. I'm going to try and find somewhere else to live whether it be with my aunt, a friend, whatever. I can't stand by my dad anymore, he needs help and won't get it.

crow_noir
07-25-2007, 12:40 AM
:(

*hugs* Still praying the best for you, your animals, and your family.

Kirbys Mom
07-25-2007, 01:01 AM
did u know anti-depressents have a bad side effect is suicidal thoughts, i know im on one that has that side effect and i stopped takin them.

im srry ur family are havin problems stay strong.

dukedogsmom
07-25-2007, 05:06 AM
Very sorry to hear all this. I don't have any words of wisdom, unfortunately. Just stay strong and do your best to get out of the situation that you're in. I'm sorry your life is so unstable right now. A lot of us don't realize how lucky we were growing up, until we hear of people like yourself. I hope you all find some happiness soon.

Alysser
07-25-2007, 08:47 AM
Aw, Megan. I am so sorry, I really don't know what else to say. But as some pettalkers told me once, don't be too mad at your dad. He is only human, and we all make mistakes. I'm sorry right now it's seems your life is bad right now but it will come around.

Daisy and Delilah
07-25-2007, 08:49 PM
Very sorry to hear all this. I don't have any words of wisdom, unfortunately. Just stay strong and do your best to get out of the situation that you're in. I'm sorry your life is so unstable right now. A lot of us don't realize how lucky we were growing up, until we hear of people like yourself. I hope you all find some happiness soon.

I couldn't have said it better. Oh my goodness, hon, you have my sympathy. I wish I could bring you and all your pets to live with me. I'm so sorry. :( {{{{{MEGA HUGS}}}}}

Karen
07-25-2007, 09:02 PM
You will be in our prayers, sweetie. Any chance of getting the police involved with the neighbor?