PDA

View Full Version : Not good news re nieces baby girl.....

carole
07-18-2007, 07:19 PM
Gosh where do i begin, i am so mad and upset right now, i have just heard through the grapevine, my husband's niece Carly, the one who had the baby girl in Jan. 2007 has been neglecting her baby, I am not totally suprised but saddened all the same, her boyfriend got released from prison a few months ago, and then her flat was raided for stolen goods, no doubt to do with him, but i have heard a rumour she is on drugs, possibly P.

None of this is a huge shock to me, but all the same i had hoped for better, when i had visited her sometime ago, i had bad vibes then, but saw then that the baby looked well and healthy,luckily my husbands sister is keeping an eye on things with the baby, i had offered my help many times, but she never took up on it ,i kinda know why now as she knows how disapproving i would be of her lifestyle etc.

She has left my area and in a lot of ways i am glad, i don't mean to sound heartless, but i have my own daughter to think of and my husband is estranged from his whole family anyhow, long story,and how he wants it to stay,for good reasons obviously.

I really hope the baby is taken away from her and raised either by my husbands sister or a deserving family,truthfully she is not near mature enough or deserving of this beautiful child,staying with her mother can only bring her harm,trust me i know the situation, this is not a good one for the baby at all.

Why oh why do people have children when they cannot be responsible enough to care for them.

Sorry bear with me , i just had to vent, i am so hopping mad inside,and overwhelmed with saddness.

Karen
07-18-2007, 07:59 PM
We'll keep the baby in our prayers. What's her first name? Poor wee thing, hopefully her life will improve soon.

Marigold2
07-18-2007, 08:07 PM
I am so sorry Carol. I am a great believer in adoption. A lot of these young girls just have NO idea what it means to be a mom, it's a lifetime job. When I hear young girls say " I want to have a baby" I just want to smack some sense into them. It's ONLY a baby for a year of two. I am sure that things will work out for the best. Positive thoughts are being sent to you.

carole
07-18-2007, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the kind thoughts, yes i cannot get my mind off that poor baby, i only know so much, what i have been told through a friend of a friend who knows her,but i am confident the rumours are true,i really did have bad vibes the last time i visited.

I feel angry with Carly for not taking care of Alleyah,but part of me knows her own upbringing especially in the teen years was lacking, her mother abandoned her for a lifestyle of drugs,music and a useless man,and her father although a very presentable guy,used to beat her mother up and is now beating up his latest girlfriend,Carly has an elder brother who is very close to my son,and he has turned out pretty good, i think he too is at his wits end ,as he has tryed hard to turn his sister's life around, and i think he has had enough.

I trust my husband's sister to take good care of the baby or to see to it that Alleyah is ok,i have many other issues with her, but in this one i feel that she will do what is best for the baby.

kimlovescats
07-18-2007, 10:21 PM
Carole, I know too well how you feel. It sounds much like the situation with my daughter Amy Beth, her criminal / drug addict husband and my innocent grandbaby, Jenna.

HUGS,
Kim

carole
07-18-2007, 11:54 PM
Oh kim i know that you can empathise with this situation, i have read your threads and my heart just ached for you, i am not closely involved really, but all the same i still feel for that baby, i just have to hope my husbands sister does the right thing for that baby girl.

moosmom
07-19-2007, 08:01 AM
Carole,

I will keep your niece and her baby in my thoughts and prayers.

Kirsten
07-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Why oh why do people have children when they cannot be responsible enough to care for them.

I'm often wondering about this myself!! And I cannot blame you for wishing the baby girl may be taken away from your niece. Sounds like she has too many demons of her own to fight with.

I'll keep your niece and her little baby in my thoughts!

Kirsten

carole
07-19-2007, 03:25 PM
Yes well Carly lacks a lot of maturity, that topped up with being involved with a bad guy, lack of parental care,a bit of me feels sorry for her, but the other side of me, is angry that she is not taking caring of that innocent child properly, apparently she had no booties or a blanket on, remember it is winter in NZ and had not been feed, i hate to think what other kind of neglect is going on .

Her boyfriend is a career criminal, with contacts involving the mongerel mob, a very bad gang,his father was in prison with him, so that tells you what kinda lifestyle she is in.,and what sort of family he comes from.

She needs to either get her act together or be selfless and give that baby up for adoption,i pray that the latter happens, as i cannot see this girl growing up and doing the right thing.

kim your daughter and grandaughter are at least lucky that they have a supportive caring mother and father and grandparents, Carly's mother does not give a toss about her or her baby.