PDA

View Full Version : New Kitten (1 pic)- Update post #15

BitsyNaceyDog
07-18-2007, 04:14 PM
A few weeks ago we found a kitten in our yard. Then we found that there is a mother and we think 2 more kittens. We had decided that if and when we caught them we wanted to keep one of them and we'd find the rest homes. Today I finally caught one of the kittens! We decided that we are going to keep this guy. We will do everything we can to catch the others and find them great homes.

We have an appointment at the vet on Friday to have him checked over.
He doesn't have a name yet- Justin wants to be the one to name him.

He's the sweetest little guy!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/KBlaix2/cats/IMG_8850.jpg

WELOVESPUPPIES
07-18-2007, 04:25 PM
Aww how cute. He looks like he is pretty friendly. Is he feral or just some neighbors cat had kittens outside? I sure hope you are able to get the rest to wonderful loving homes. Congradulations!!

Catty1
07-18-2007, 04:25 PM
He is stunning - the beautiful tabby markings and the 'eyeliner' eyes!

Good luck with the other two...hopefully your can livetrap mama cat and get her spayed. She might even be able to be socialized and find a new home herself!

So wonderful for you to do this! :)

lvpets2002
07-18-2007, 04:30 PM
;) Awee how so cute this wittle guy is.. Yes he is a keeper for sure..

catmandu
07-18-2007, 04:33 PM
Thats wonderful that you caught him so young where he will be content to stay in a house. We are praying that he passes the Vets eaxams so you can enjoy him for years to come!!

cassiesmom
07-18-2007, 04:54 PM
What a darling kitten! Justin, pick the perfect name! Welcome to PT, kitten!

KittyGurl
07-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Congrats on the new kitten! He looks like such a sweet heart. What a cutie!

kimlovescats
07-18-2007, 05:35 PM
What a sweet and lucky little guy! Hope he gets a clean bill of health and you are able to catch mom and siblings too!

Kim

Medusa
07-18-2007, 05:39 PM
What a cutie pie!

Laura's Babies
07-18-2007, 05:42 PM
Awwwwww! He looks like a baby Chester. Reminds me of Chester when he was a baby! Yup! He is a KEEPER!

kb2yjx
07-18-2007, 06:01 PM
Your little fella looks like our Riley when he was that size!!! Fingers crossed that Justin will pick the perfect name!!! GOOD LUCK with Mom and siblings!!! You are doing a good thing!

moosmom
07-18-2007, 06:44 PM
What a sweet little thing!! Tell Justin I think "JUSTIN" is a great name for the cat.

BitsyNaceyDog
07-18-2007, 06:54 PM
He is stunning - the beautiful tabby markings and the 'eyeliner' eyes!

Good luck with the other two...hopefully your can livetrap mama cat and get her spayed. She might even be able to be socialized and find a new home herself!

So wonderful for you to do this! :)
We hope to trap the mama too. We want desperately to get her spayed. I certainly hope we can turn her into a house cat, if not we will release her back into our yard where we can continue to feed her. Mama lives in the the woods next to our house- Justin has seen her on our porch eating the food we set out for them. I know who the daddy is too, but I haven't seen him in awhile- we'd love to trap and neuter him too if we can.

What a sweet little thing!! Tell Justin I think "JUSTIN" is a great name for the cat. I'll tell him- that may get a bit confusing though. ;)

krazyaboutkatz
07-18-2007, 10:37 PM
Congrats!!!:D He sure is a cutie pie and I hope he receives a clean bill of health.:) I look forward to seeing more pictures of him and hearing more about him. Good luck with trapping the other kittens and mama.:)

BitsyNaceyDog
07-21-2007, 04:12 PM
UPDATE:
We decided to name the kitten "Turtle". I'm not really sure how that name came about- Justin and I were just laying in bed talking the other night and somehow we came up with the name Turtle. It really seems to fit the kitten though.

Turtle saw the vet yesterday and for the most part all is well. He tested negative for feline leukemia! He tested positive for coccidiosis though. We're treating him for that and he will be retested in 2 weeks. We're keeping him separated from our other cats until the coccidiosis is gone.

I hope the next 2 weeks go by quickly, I can't wait to introduce Turtle to the rest of the cats (and the dogs too).

Catty1
07-21-2007, 05:08 PM
When my sister and I were kids, she had a tabby names Squeak - and she had spots on her tummy, so one nickname was "Turtle Tummy". :)

I think that is a CUTE name! Glad the checkup went well.

jenluckenbach
07-21-2007, 05:37 PM
Turtle is totally too cute!!! :) :)

Freedom
07-21-2007, 06:09 PM
Aw, I'm just catching up after a hectic week here. What a sweet little boy to join a PT home! Hey Turtle, great to see you! Hope you feel better fast! Being a kitten with all that energy, it just isn't right to have to be isolated.

BitsyNaceyDog
07-21-2007, 09:38 PM
Being a kitten with all that energy, it just isn't right to have to be isolated. I know, it's not fair. I hate that he has to be shut in the bathroom for so long, but I just can't risk my other pets getting sick. We bought him a ton of toys today! It's been 4 years since we've had a little kitten in the house and I can't wait to have him out with playing with everyone. We go in to see him and play with him often. At the very least he'll see us whenever we have to use the bathroom. ;)

rg_girlca
07-22-2007, 02:40 PM
AWWWWW welcome to PT little Turtle. You look so much like my little rescue Lindy.

Good luck in trapping the others and bless you for taking in this one. :)