PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, rain.

Alysser
07-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Can you guys please keep my house in your thoughts? I sound stupid but the rain right now is so heavy. Our pool overflowed and now it could possibly flood our house. Can you please just pray that our house doesn't flood?

I know this is pointless, but I'm really worried.

Thanks,
Alyssa :(

Whisk_Luva
07-18-2007, 03:29 PM
Prayers coming your way!

(((Hugs)))

JenBKR
07-18-2007, 03:43 PM
((((hugs)))) and prayers coming your way. I know we have had some of those problems in our area with the rain. Two years ago my husband's aunt's basement completely flooded, and we were over there all night pumping it out. It is certainly not fun to deal with. Hopefully the rain won't get too heavy and out of control.

EDIT: After I posted that story I was afraid that I scared you more than helped - sorry about that! I was just trying to say that I know how you feel. We had a pipe burst in our basement last winter and completely flooded our basement, so I really do know how you feel. Thank goodness for homeowner's insurance!!

Alysser
07-18-2007, 04:24 PM
Don't worry you didn't scare me lol. I logged off right after I posted the thread. Thanks for the thoughts. :) The rain finally stopped and nothing is damaged. The pool is all green from the stuff on the trees and it overflowed, so it needs to be empty, but otherwise we're OK. The garage has some water in it, but nothing major. Now all we need to do is pump water out of the pool and clean it. It looks so gross.

Alysser
07-18-2007, 04:29 PM
I got a picture of my disgusting pool. It now looks like a lake, and you can't even see the bottom. Funny how just a few hours ago it was crystal clear. :p You can ever compare it to the pics in my siggy. Sassy is in my pool, and look at the water from the siggy to now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/bobbernut/IMGP3572.jpg

Vette
07-19-2007, 02:11 AM
Awww http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/VettesPetz/Smiles/hug.gif sorry about all the rain youre getting over there.

you can send it here if you want ;)

you an our house will be in my thoughts :D

Miss Z
07-19-2007, 04:59 AM
Ugh, I really hate rain too, Alyssa! That's so annoying that your pool is all murky now, they can be such a nightmare to clean out. We've had an awful summer so far, we've had inches of rain on the garden and storms at least twice every week since mid-June. We even had hail the other day! I don't know what's happening to summer. At least it's sunny here right now, for the moment.

Pembroke_Corgi
07-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Looks like a bad storm. Glad everyone's alright.

You can send some rain this way if you want! Today is the first time it's rained in a while, it's been soooo hot and dry here. Please, I'll take some cold, refreshing rain and some lovely cloudy weather!

Vela
07-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Yeah I hear you Jill, but no rain here. I wish. We are in a bad way =/

News report today:

West Under Highest Wildfire Alert with 23 uncontained large fires or fire complexes in Nevada, Utah and Idaho, there aren't enough contractor-supplied helicopters to go around. About 15,000 U.S. firefighters were already battling nearly 70 fires bigger than 100 acres in 12 states. The level was raised as dry lightning blasted and sparked dozens of new blazes in the West, including more than 1,000 new fires since Monday, Eardley said.

People are losing their homes and livelihoods and all of us with livestock this winter are in big trouble, we are losing and have lost most of our hay supply in the western US to feed cattle and horses and other animals.

Alysser
07-19-2007, 04:09 PM
I will gladly! :D We have another report similar to last nights so I hope it doesn't rain like it did yesterday. Currently it's sunny out so I don't know what to expect.

Chica
07-19-2007, 07:23 PM
It is so bad there, I can't imagine what you are going through.We have 90 degree weather here.

Catlady711
07-19-2007, 07:35 PM
I'll take a little of your rain too! Today is the first semi-normal rain we've had in weeks. Our plants are dying, green lawns are just a memory, and the ground has cracks in it. The few other times it's "rained" it was barely enough sprinkles that it didn't even wet the cement and dried up less than 5 minutes later. At least today we've had several soft rains, and one semi-heavy rain so I don't need to water the garden and flowerbeds for about 2 days now.

I hope your flooding eases. We've had flooding in previous years so bad I couldn't even GET to my garden to plant it until late JUNE, and you had to use WADERS to get through the back yard, and had a small river in the basement. I can very much sympathize with you.