PDA

View Full Version : Outrageous shipping costs

sparks19
07-18-2007, 09:41 AM
ARGHHH I'm so frustrated lol

There is a crib I want and it is quite inexpensive as far as cribs go.... BUT it is only available online.

The crib costs about $180 and has been given great reviews. BUT.... to have it shipped the cheapest way is going to cost..... are you ready for this.....

TWO HUNDRED AND SIXTY BUCKS

The shipping costs MORE than the crib does.

GRRRRR so obviously we are NOT getting that crib. So now we have to find somewhere else to get a crib even though my mother in law gave us a gift card for a crib at babies r us.... but all the "in store" cribs there are over $300 and I am sorry but I am NOT paying that much for a crib. And I know she will be disappointed that she wasn't able to get us the crib.

It's not really that big a deal but it throws a wrench into the plan and I really wanted that crib lol.

GRRRRRR

wombat2u2004
07-18-2007, 09:45 AM
You're kidding !!!!! Where would have this crib you found online come from ??Wom

catnapper
07-18-2007, 09:48 AM
Whats the crib look like? Can you post a link?

I have found some AWESOME cribs at local yard sales and second hand shops. When are you do (I forget :o) Cam's already outgrowing his crib, and its in great shape. (oh yeah, its on its lowest setting and already he's developing strong enough arm muscles to push himself up on the bars. It won't be long before he figures out that he can push himself up and over :eek: )

JenBKR
07-18-2007, 10:06 AM
WOW that's crazy. Is that from babies r us online? I am surprised that their cribs are that expensive in store. Well...no maybe I'm not, they are rather expensive there. We actually found our crib at walmart, it's very well made and has all the functions that we were looking for. I haven't even looked at babies r us for anything, since I know they are expensive. Could you get something else with that gift certificate and buy the crib elsewhere?

sparks19
07-18-2007, 10:13 AM
Whats the crib look like? Can you post a link?

I have found some AWESOME cribs at local yard sales and second hand shops. When are you do (I forget :o) Cam's already outgrowing his crib, and its in great shape. (oh yeah, its on its lowest setting and already he's developing strong enough arm muscles to push himself up on the bars. It won't be long before he figures out that he can push himself up and over :eek: )

Here is the link

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2490735&fromRegistryNumber=46188836&product_skn=786149

I liked it because it was the convertible crib and it wasn't $300 lol.

I am due September 23rd.... so it's coming up soon lol. We are starting to set up the nursery this weekend.

I just CAN'T believe that shipping charge. it's crazy lol

caseysmom
07-18-2007, 10:18 AM
I found the same thing with a stadium seat I wanted and then I found it on amazon and the shipping was cheaper. Try jcpenney.com they routinely offer free shipping or if you go to I think deals.com they have coupons for free shipping.

sparks19
WOW that's crazy. Is that from babies r us online? I am surprised that their cribs are that expensive in store. Well...no maybe I'm not, they are rather expensive there. We actually found our crib at walmart, it's very well made and has all the functions that we were looking for. I haven't even looked at babies r us for anything, since I know they are expensive. Could you get something else with that gift certificate and buy the crib elsewhere?

Yeah it was babies r us online. And the only reason I even put that on the registry was because it was quite inexpensive and had good reviews and it was the convertible one. But they gouge you with the shipping.

Yes we can get a crib elsewhere.... there is no way I am paying the expensive in store prices for cribs at babies r us lol. but I know my MIL will be disappointed that she wasn't able to get us the crib (that's what the gift card was for) Unfortunately I can't find that particular crib anywhere else :( but I will survive lol

JenBKR
Here is the link

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2490735&fromRegistryNumber=46188836&product_skn=786149

I liked it because it was the convertible crib and it wasn't $300 lol.

I am due September 23rd.... so it's coming up soon lol. We are starting to set up the nursery this weekend.

I just CAN'T believe that shipping charge. it's crazy lol

The crib I am getting at walmart is a simplicity convertable too, aspen I think is the name. I'll look for the link. They have it in the store, and it's around $130-$150 I think.

sparks19
07-18-2007, 10:20 AM
The crib I am getting at walmart is a simplicity convertable too, aspen I think is the name. I'll look for the link. They have it in the store, and it's around $130-$150 I think.

OH please do send me the link :D I looked on walmart.com last night but I didn't see any simplicity.... of course this was JUST before bedtime lol so it's entirely possible I missed it.

caseysmom
07-18-2007, 10:22 AM
Walmart has a thing where if you have it sent to the store it is free shipping.

JenBKR
07-18-2007, 10:23 AM
This is the one we are getting:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5460271

They do have it in our store, so I don't have to have it shipped. But one thing I like about walmart is that if they don't have it in the store you can have it shipped to your local walmart for free. I have done that before with an item, and it worked out really well. They just send you an email when it comes in.

EDIT: http://www.walmart.com/search/browse-ng.do?ic=12_0&ref=125863.149467+500500.4293901382 for all of walmart's simplicity cribs

sparks19
07-18-2007, 10:31 AM
OH MY GOSH Jen I could kiss you right now hahaha.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3540621

What a deal for the whole set. It's not the convertable crib but wow that's awesome. and I love the wood finish.

:eek: I lied.... it IS convertable also.

JenBKR
07-18-2007, 10:33 AM
OH MY GOSH Jen I could kiss you right now hahaha.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3540621

What a deal for the whole set. It's not the convertable crib but wow that's awesome. and I love the wood finish.

:eek: I lied.... it IS convertable also.

I did see a poster of that set at walmart, but I didn't see a price and it wasn't set up there. I am going to have to look at that, I like Simplicity and that's an awesome price!

catnapper
07-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Ha! Thats Cam's crib! we paid less than $100 for it because it was on sale in the store. I could have gotten another 10% off if I waited for my dad to buy it with his employee discount ;)

Just warning: you'll need patience to put it together! LOL

kuhio98
07-18-2007, 12:58 PM
The crib costs about $180 and has been given great reviews. BUT.... to have it shipped the cheapest way is going to cost..... are you ready for this.....

TWO HUNDRED AND SIXTY BUCKS

The shipping costs MORE than the crib does.
Unfortunately, we in Alaska are very familiar with this kind of thing. But, you might call them and ask to talk to someone about it to see if there is another way.

One year we wanted to give Vermont maple syrup in unique bottles for Christmas presents. The shipping was outrageous -- twice the price of the syrup. So, I called them and asked if there were other options. One of the workers volunteered to stand in line at the post office and mail it to us which was the cheapest option.

I hate when FedEx and UPS are the only options. Sure, it's easiest for the shipper, but not for the recipient. They just drop things on your porch and leave. Since the porch is covered in snow most of the year........... :rolleyes: