PDA

View Full Version : Soo Looking Furrward to Surgery!! [GOING Home..]

sandragonfly
07-18-2007, 12:34 AM
finally, been years! ...

I've always had this bad knee all my life, it pops and twists everytime I play sports (softball, rugby, basketball, volleyball, soccer, etc. or run.) and even dancing recently. I was born without great knee cap (patella) support I think but anyway, it's out of place. although it's fun to move my kneecap side to side loosely, it's never great stand or lean weight on this bad knee! the joint would just fall apart and drop then sprain my hamstring - painful sometimes! and hurts my same-side hip as well.

this surgery, arthroscopy on 31st of this month will repair patella problem (recurve dislocating knee cap) mainly, stitch up a meniscus tear, fix one of two missing ACLigaments - they will put in a graft (new strong soft issue) to replace the one - that, I didn't know it was caused even by two years of olypmicswimming trainings too! :eek: we did one of four stokes - breastroke (that twists your knees) daily, 5-7AM & 4-6:30PM monday to saturday for two years. well, never felt any pain at that time. :( it just keeps tearing and tearing. until about three years ago.

oh and possible of shaving the worn-out cartilages out, my doctor couldn't really tell from the films yet.

just yesterday I thought things were all set and ready. not! nearly panicked, I still need to be seen by a primary doctor for H & P (pre-op) - I didn't had one until today (thankfully) and just made an appointment for this thursday! then all shall go by..

I can't wait so please wish me luck that all of this will work out!! :D and that it is the right choice. I soo look forward to a new knee life and dance again.

crayola will be much happier too! longer walks. :)

Hellow
07-18-2007, 12:38 AM
Praying for you that all of this will fix your bad knee and you will live a better life.:)

CathyBogart
07-18-2007, 01:19 AM
Congratulations Gina, I hope it goes well!

Catty1
07-18-2007, 01:20 AM
Good luck! Will you have to have physio after the surgery?

I hope your pain is really well taken care of - and it sounds like your knee will be fine. Those docs seem to know what they are doing, because you are so well-informed on what they will do.

I didn't know the breast stroke twisted the knees! Good thing that wasn't my favourite (just did recreational swimming).

To me, nothing beat the Dog Paddle. Come on, Crayola, let's go! :D

Gina, how soon will you know your surgery date?

hugs!

Taz_Zoee
07-18-2007, 09:27 AM
Of course you will be in my thoughts. :) And take it easy during the recovery period. :p I'll have to have a talk with Crayola to take good care of you. ;)

HUGS!!

catnapper
07-18-2007, 09:35 AM
Good luck! I know knee pain, as Miss Nicki royally damaged my knee when she was a puppy by taking off after a rabbit with me on the other end of the leash. I was unprepared for her mad dash after the bunny. We fell down a hill (ok the truth is that she ran, I fell) and I had so much damage. I chickened out of surgery at the time and sorely wish I hadn't.

sandragonfly
07-18-2007, 05:36 PM
thank you all! catty, I am sure I will have physical therapist at school when I get back. the surgery is on the 31st.

I just got a call from the office, said my doctor is out sick, so the appointment is postponed to this friday.

sigh. waiting is the hardest part! this part NEEDS to be done before next week, stressful.

Alysser
07-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Good luck, Gina! I hope all goes well with your surgery. :)

Husky_mom
07-18-2007, 06:22 PM
IŽll sure have you on my thoughts........ my bday is THAT day!!.... so good wishes all the way to you ;)

K9karen
07-19-2007, 12:00 AM
I'll be thinking of you, Gina! I know how you feel. After decades of agony and suffering, all my surgeries were life altering. Docs can do some amazing things these days! As long as you do exactly what the docs and physical therapists say, my bet is that you'll have a flawless recovery and back to your busy schedule! Crayola sure will be happiest of all!! {Hugs}

jennielynn1970
07-20-2007, 05:52 PM
Good luck with your surgery. They usually schedule physical therapy for as soon after surgery as possible. The longer you wait with it, the hard it is for the joint to get back to regular action.

phesina
07-20-2007, 07:24 PM
Prayers and good wishes for you and the surgery, Gina!

Pat, Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, and Priscilla Angel

Kfamr
07-20-2007, 07:27 PM
Hoping it's a sucessful surgery, Gina, I will think of you.

sandragonfly
07-21-2007, 11:50 AM
thanks you all dears!!

jen, what doctor said ... first few days after surgery, no shower.. (wah!) second (and last) week, REST. feet up and do nothing, period. then third week, I have two slowly but surely techiques to exercisize my knee .. for about two weeks - so I should be getting to my physical therapist by the time in time. :)

hey, the appointment went well yesterday.. now let's hope they will fax to my surgeon right away after they are done with lab works, etc. I will call this coming monday to make sure! :mad: :p I didn't realize I had to do two sets of bloodworks, EKG and some interesting pre-op tests! took me about two hours.. :rolleyes: thankfully it's done now.

I was sooo happy to find out that I'll be down on recovery road for only up to two months instead of six months! since dancing will be starting soon. I must be thinking of that because I am suppose to have a shoulder surgery too, and I decided to only do the knee this summer and my shoulder will be next. ;)

Taz_Zoee
07-25-2007, 01:36 AM
(this is gina under tazzoee's)

six days more to go... am getting more anxious!! :D :D :D

I'll have to be there at 10AM on 31st. I just had a real final consult today and I hope that's it for now! :)

davidpizzica
07-25-2007, 03:57 AM
Sanddragonfly, I wish you good luck and prayers that your knee surgery is sucessful. I'm a veteran at knee surgery having orthoscopic surgery and a total knee replacement done, so I know how you feel.

dukedogsmom
07-25-2007, 05:08 AM
Good luck with the surgery! I hope it's successful and you can enjoy walking pain free :)

Daisy and Delilah
07-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Best wishes on your surgery, Gina. You're going to really see a difference when you have it. I had it myself so let me know if you have any questions. Thoughts and prayers are going out to you that it goes perfectly. :)

sandragonfly
07-30-2007, 01:14 PM
thank you terry and thanks david & val! TOMORROW IS THE DAY! :D :D :D

the only bad news is, I can't drive for two weeks. :( not a problem really. cindy (tazzoee) is going to SIT on me after the surgery.. you'll know what I mean after you meet me. :p anyway, I'll be "out" for a few days and cindy may will update you all for me.

woo hoo, time is finally coming! oh, husky mom, because I'm going to be on the table tomorrow - let me wish you something today..

a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :D hope it all goes well, with what hand you have now. have fun and hugs!

Taz_Zoee
08-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Hello All. Here is an update on Gina's surgery. The surgery itself went very well on Tuesday. She woke up great and we were outta there in a short amount of time. :)
However, yesterday was a different story. After the numbness wore off in her knee she was/is in excruciating pain. When she woke up in the morning she was having difficulty breathing and trouble with her vision. After alerting my boyfriend to call 911 she passed out. So we spent the day in the emergency room yesterday to not really even find out why she was feeling that way. They gave her many medicines which did not help the pain at all.
When I left for work this morning she was still in horrible pain and her chest is hurting. I wish I could make her pain disappear. :(
So please keep Gina in your thoughts and hope this pain will go away quickly so she can get on the road to recovery.

Cinder & Smoke
08-02-2007, 10:12 AM
When she woke up in the morning she was having difficulty breathing and trouble with her vision.

So we spent the day in the emergency room yesterday
to not really even find out why she was feeling that way.
They gave her many medicines which did not help the pain at all.

When I left for work this morning she was still in horrible pain and her chest is hurting.

:eek:

Difficulty Breathing, Vision Problems, and Chest Pain are NOT routine after effects
of KNEE surgery!! :(

Is there a MEDICAL Doctor in charge of her follow-up care?
It there a Medical Professional assigned to monitor her progress?

When is she due for her next follow-up check-up?
She NEEDS to be monitored frequently to determine what's wrong!

FEEL BETTER SOON, Gina!
;)

Hellow
08-02-2007, 10:20 AM

Difficulty Breathing, Vision Problems, and Chest Pain are NOT routine after effects

FEEL BETTER SOON, Gina!
;)

I mean seriousely, the knee is in the bottom of your body while your chest and lungs are in the middle then your vision is in the top. What im thinking is that some fluid that they left in there is circulating up to her heart where it gets passed on through her lungs then back into her heart then into her head. That would explain thoes pains and vision difficulties then blackout. Or atleast somthing is doing somthing along the lines of what i explained.

Catty1
08-02-2007, 10:28 AM
OMG - I hope there is a health care nurse- you know, the type available on a phone system...often they know more about these things, working more closely with patients.

I think a call to her surgeon's office is in order! But I don't know if Gina is feeling well enough to make a relay call....

Hang in there, girl! This will get resolved...all I can offer is prayers....

Logan
08-02-2007, 12:32 PM
Taz, thank you for being there for Gina. I am so sad that hospitals and insurance companies rush patients in and out so quickly in situations like this, where they have to head back to the ER when something isn't right. Thank goodness you are there with her, but it does sound like she needs better medical attention than they are providing. Darn it.

Please let Gina know that she is in our prayers. I hope things will begin to improve.

Logan

pitc9
08-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Sending well wishes to you Gina!!

davidpizzica
08-02-2007, 05:38 PM
Taz, I'm glad you're watching out for Gina as she goes through this pain and grief. I've been there and I know what it is like. I'm sending out Pittsburgh prayers and wishes to Gina so that the pain eases and that she improves and gets well.

phesina
08-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Prayers for Gina that the cause of all this distress will be found and treated successfully.

Love from Pat and cats

Daisy and Delilah
08-02-2007, 08:43 PM
Could Gina possibly have had a reaction to the pain meds they gave her? That's what it sounds like to me.

Having had this surgery, after the novacaine(whatever they use)wears off, the pain hits you like a ton of bricks. The first few days are horrendous. The other symptoms are not normal at all.

I hope they find out what's going on and get to the bottom of it. Feel better Gina!! :(

Donnaj4962
08-02-2007, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the update on Gina. I am wondering if she could be having problems from the anesthesia? I have only "been under" 2 times in my 45 years, but the second time was awful and I developed a migraine for several days. Whatever the cause, I hope she is better tonight and will soon be on the mend. Poor thing! And bless you for helping her.

Feel better soon Gina! I am sure your Ark is ready to give you some special get well luvvins!

shais_mom
08-03-2007, 01:16 PM
oh that's just awful.
Horrible.
:(
I hear about anesthia reactions allllllllllllllll the time in my line of work but for someone to faint.
terrible.

Husky_mom
08-03-2007, 01:30 PM
please let her know she is in my constant thoughts....... sending hugs and healing vibes.......

get well soon sweetie

Taz_Zoee
08-03-2007, 03:13 PM

FEEL BETTER SOON, Gina!
;)

Well, this is what the doctor in the ER told me. He said with a surgery like the one Gina had it is possible for the blood to clot as it circulates through the body which could be the cause of the breathing and vision problems. They ran tests and found that this luckily was not the case with Gina.

jennielynn1970
08-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Oh gosh! Definitely sounds like a reaction to medication, whether it be meds they gave to fight off infection after the surgery or, as someone else mentioned, anesthesia.

Hope she feels better soon!

Daisy and Delilah
08-03-2007, 03:31 PM
Blood clots are a big danger in this surgery and many others. She'll have to try to move around as much as possible when she can to avoid this. They may have to put her on blood thinners. How is she doing now?

Taz_Zoee
08-03-2007, 05:50 PM
I think we are past the roughest part. She seems to be feeling a tiny bit better with each new day. Of course the knee is still very, very sore.
Thank you. :D

davidpizzica
08-03-2007, 06:29 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Gina is through the roughest part of her recovery. The first couple of days in my recovery were also the most painful. Please tell Gina that David p is thinking of her and praying for her.

Catty1
08-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Oh, Good....teeny bit every day. Gentle {{{hugs}}} to Gina!

Karen
08-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Tell Gina we are glad she's feeling a bit better, and hope she heals more and quicker each day. And NO DANCING until the doctors say so, okay? Not even a little! Knowing she has some medication allergies, perhaps she should ask them for a list of whatever she was given this time, to be tested and make sure not to be given it again if the symptoms were part of an allergic reaction.

Cinder & Smoke
08-03-2007, 11:56 PM
This is what the doctor in the ER told me:

He said ... it is possible for the blood to clot as it circulates through the body
which could be the cause of the breathing and vision problems.

They ran tests and found that this luckily was not the case with Gina.

Oh---Kay ...
So they know what DID NOT cause the breathing & vision problems ...

So WHAT DID cause those problems, and the current pain ???

Sounds like you got a total NON Answer to a serious medical question.
Did GINA sign a Consent Form or Medical Power of Attorney form designating
YOU or your parents as a spokesperson for her??

Someone should be designated to talk directly with the Doctors and Nurses; and then
take the time to be SURE Gina fully understands the medical information.

Taz_Zoee
08-04-2007, 04:20 AM
Oh---Kay ...
So they know what DID NOT cause the breathing & vision problems ...

So WHAT DID cause those problems, and the current pain ???

Sounds like you got a total NON Answer to a serious medical question.
Did GINA sign a Consent Form or Medical Power of Attorney form designating
YOU or your parents as a spokesperson for her??

Someone should be designated to talk directly with the Doctors and Nurses; and then
take the time to be SURE Gina fully understands the medical information.

OH--KAY.

The doctors said the problems could have been the meds she took at 3am. And he would not write things out for Gina. A clerk, who was not very educated, tried to help and write things out for her. She even stated she could not write everything out that the doctor said because she didn't know the terms.
I had asked the doctor NUMEROUS times to write down what he was saying for her and he wouldn't do it, that is why the clerk tried to help. Every person that walked into the room said....we need to get an interpreter in here. And a consent form or anything was not offered. Gina is ABLE to understand IF the doctor would have written things down.

Cinder & Smoke
08-04-2007, 10:11 AM
The Lord helps those that Help Themselves!

OH--KAY.

The doctor ... would not write things out for Gina.
A clerk ... tried to help and write things out for her.
She even stated ... she didn't know the terms.
I had asked the doctor NUMEROUS times to write down what he was saying ...
and he wouldn't do it ...

Every person that walked into the room said ... we need to get an interpreter in here.
A consent form or anything was not offered.
Gina is ABLE to understand IF the doctor would have written things down.

Gina, HELP THYSELF!!

Almost eveything you say those hospital "clowns" did
was a violation of Federal ADA LAWS!

Gina has been deaf long enough to KNOW there are ADA LAWS written to both
prevent this type of treatment AND to CORRECT it when and while it is happening in the real world!
It's time for her to start USING these Laws to help herself!

There are small, concise summaries of the ADA LAWS that she could laminate and carry with her -
they TELL Hospitals and Doctors what MUST be done to translate for a deaf person.

Look at and READ this National Associaton of the Deaf Q&A page >>>
http://www.nad.org/site/pp.asp?c=foINKQMBF&b=138000 (http://www.nad.org/site/pp.asp?c=foINKQMBF&b=138000)

MOST "local" "Help Hotlines" run 24/7 and have folks ON CALL - 24/7 - who can
repond to a local hospital to assist with translating for a deaf person - at NO COST (FREE)!

CONSENT Forms:

Another FEDERAL Requirement!
EVERY Hospital has to have available Permission / Consent forms that allow a
patient to SPECIFY
friends, family, clergy, ANYONE that the patient wishes to have INFORMED about the
patients condition, prognosis, and treatment options. IT's the LAW - they gotta do it!

Gina is NOT helpless ... but it's past time for her to stop "acting" like she's helpless!
She's got to start to USE these ADA Laws to HELP HERSELF!

*End of Rant*

/s/ Phred http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif

Karen
08-04-2007, 10:27 AM
I do know, Phred, that Gina has taken lawsuits against certain California hospitals in the past for just this sort of thing.

Cinder & Smoke
08-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Gina has taken lawsuits against certain California hospitals in the past
for just this sort of thing.

Bringing a lawsuit won't resolve anything for YEARS AFTER the poor service, poor treatment,
pain, and suffering has happened.

MOST of these ADA problems happen because the folks ON DUTY are ill informed
or don't think they have access to the tools (translator) to rectify the situation -
so they bluff it and pretend there is no problem!

A couple of always-handy laminated cards EXPLAINING the ADA provisions,
along with a few 24/7 Help Hotline numbers;
and a deaf person has the tools to overcome the poor treatment routine.

And TAKE a Trusted FRIEND!!
SIGN their name onto the Admission Forms - "THIS is my representative ...
he or she MUST be informed of my condition, prognosis, and treatment options.
You must explain my condition to THIS Person as well as myself!"

HELP THYSELF!

/s/ Phred

Catsnclay
08-04-2007, 12:28 PM
Phred is 100% correct on everything that he has said, GINA needs to assign SOMEONE other than herself to a consent form, before the surgery would have been nice, but now is not too late.

I'm actully surprised that the doctor talked to you Cindy, you are not related to Gina in any way, so legally he should not have told you anything.......maybe this is why nobody knows what is going on!

My suggestion is that you (Cindy) get Gina to sign that form, just for short term, so that YOU can ask the doctor directly, and get direct answers. Flashing that piece of paper around will get you a lot of answers!

Gina should also print out what Phred told her, and carry that on her person just in case of ER's. She should also have a current, updated list of any and all medication she is taking - even over the counter pills!

The only way things like this will stop, is with education. I'm surprised Gina - will all she seems to have gone through - should already know all of this!

Cinder & Smoke
08-04-2007, 01:29 PM
THIS was just posted and then deleted by the poster ...

The information is good and correct ...
BUT the "attitude" is an EXCELLENT Example of what's WRONG with our medical professionals ...
The "attitude" expresses contempt towards the patient http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif

(NOTE: Emphasis ADDED by Phred)

They will not perform a surgery without a consent form signed, period.
They will not do it so that (one not being presented to Gina) is not correct.

Maybe she doesn't remember signing a consent form, but she most certainly did sign one.

If she did not read it, or did not fill out the paperwork correctly -
that is her doing.

Consent forms are in print, therefore can be read by anyone who can read.
... she could have read it before she signed it.

NO operation is performed in this country without a consent form signed. If you try to tell me it was I won't beleive you, I work in the medical industry and I know for a fact they will NOT perform anything on anyone, not even admit you to the hospital, without a consent form and other paperwork signed, that is all in print.

It is the responsibility of the person having the operation to read it and understand it
and if they DON'T understand it, then why are they signing it until they do?
That is the patient's responsibility.

OK, "Medical Pro", you ARE CORRECT about the Consent FORM ...
Gina HAD to be given one and told to sign it ...
OR she'd NOT get treatment nor her knee operation.

What you DIDn'T say is those "forms" run two to three FINE PRINT PAGES;
are often presented with NO "expalnations" other than "You gotta sign this!";
and often aren't further explained if you DO ASK queations! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/mad.gif

I've personally been admitted to hospitals TOO Many times lately ...
ONE night THREE TIMES into different facilities - while suffering a HEART ATTACK! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/eek.gif

I had NO glasses on, was drugged, drifting in/out of being awake/alert ...
and had NO Freakin idea in the world what I was signing!
On the Second "consent" form I tried to print "Under Duress" before my name ...
Clerk saw it but couldn't read it --- squawked --- but couldn't understand my reply
and let it go.

I *REFUSED* to make decisions or agree to medical procedures UNTIL my two
unrelated "Friends" -
both of whom were EMTs and were being forced to wait in the lobbies -
were allowed IN to the ER *AND* Heard the "story" from the MD Doctor!

THEN the "consent forms" were brought back and THEIR NAMES were both added to my forms.

NOW - imagine if I was DEAF --- couldn't hear a thing the whole time I was there ---
and some less-than-happy-to-be-working-today CLERK shoved a three-page form at me
and *pointed* to the last page signature line! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/rolleyes.gif

"Consent Form" is a BADLY named weapon that the hospital uses to protect THEIR Interests,
at the expense of the PATIENT's interests! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/mad.gif

(Rant over, for now.)

/s/ Been there; been DONE that way!

NoahsMommy
08-04-2007, 01:56 PM
"They wont admit or preform surgery without consent"

Oh yea?? I've both worked in and stayed in hospitals as well and I've seen it happen where that is NOT true. When dealing with humans, things fall through the cracks. If it were up to the doctors, of course no one would do surgery without first having all forms signed, thats a HUGE liability. It happens.

And Phred is correct. If Gina went into this surgery, knowing FULL WELL that in the past she's faced not having an interpreter provided to her by the hospital, why did she not go get one herself????

I've faced MANY a medical challege due to my chronic illness and as a result I PLAN for EVERY hospital stay. Granted, I can hear. But, I do have other limitations that I have to overcome that I wont go into here because well, its very private. The point is, I PLAN ahead of time so that I'm not stuck time and time again relying on other people for my comfort, for my safety, even for my medication or even FOOD for that matter. You're responsible for yourself as an adult.

I was under the impression this surgery was elective - as in, she needed it to relieve pain, but it wasn't life or death. You'd think that if an intrepreter was THAT important, she'd arrange one. If she couldn't do that via her own support channels, she'd postphone the surgery.

And this doctor REFUSES to write down instructions and updates for his patient? Um, what kind of person DOES that to a deaf/hearing impared person (I'm sorry, I'm unsure on the proper term :o ) ??? Where do you find these doctors?? You are aware you can ask for the department heads, right??? Hospital heads??? ASK FOR THEM!!!!! Don't just sit there and become a victim, people treat you the way you ALLOW them to treat you.

Please get well and get the HECK OUT OF THAT HOSPITAL Gina.

NoahsMommy
08-04-2007, 02:21 PM
I used to Work in In/Out/ER Hospital Admitting and have practically memorized those stupid consent forms...

Basically, you are signing for the following:

1. Your siggy gives up your right to sue the hospital for anything the MD's do to you! (FUN!!! Although, there is usually a way around this one, I think you can sue nurses, or the hospital for neglect and all that fun stuff. In Gina's case, for not providing an intrepeter when she obviously needs one.) {I think this one is a combo of two points, actually.}

2. You are giving consent for the hospital's billing dept. to bill your insurance company(s). If you owe more than what your insurance company will pay on this/these services, the hospital will then bill you for these services.

3. If you have a co-pay or deductable, upon admission, you must pay these.

4. While there are many, many doctors that use the hospitals facilities, they do not work FOR the hospital. (ie: Radiologist, Anesthesiologist, Pulmonologist, Gastroenterologist, your Surgeon, etc.) As thus, they will be billing you and your insurance seperately from the hospital.

5. Do you have an Advanced Care Directive or a Medical Power of Attny? Would you like info on this?

6. We are a teaching hospital and so you may witness students helping your nurses or doctors at times. This is in no way a threat to you or your care/safety...blah, blah, blah...improves the future of healthcare...blah, blah, blah.

7. Due to being a teaching hospital and in the course of surgeries and tests/procedures, there are photographs taken of ...pretty much the insides of people, or the removal of organs, or laprscopic surgeries or scopes, etc....that remain the property of the hospital. Just an FYI, we may use them. (I always thought this one was soooo odd and this was the one people would ask me about...I never knew what to say to them!)

OK, I'm forgetting the rest...but those are the main ones. Fun stuff you have to sign while terrified, drugged or in pain, huh?? This is why its good to have, like Phred kinda suggested above, FRIENDS or FAMILY with you of good, sound minds that can help you with the admitting process.

OK, done hijacking the thread. ;)

Daisy and Delilah
08-04-2007, 07:18 PM
OH--KAY.

The doctors said the problems could have been the meds she took at 3am. And he would not write things out for Gina. A clerk, who was not very educated, tried to help and write things out for her. She even stated she could not write everything out that the doctor said because she didn't know the terms.
I had asked the doctor NUMEROUS times to write down what he was saying for her and he wouldn't do it, that is why the clerk tried to help. Every person that walked into the room said....we need to get an interpreter in here. And a consent form or anything was not offered. Gina is ABLE to understand IF the doctor would have written things down.

WOW!! This is unreal. What kind of a hospital is this? Is Gina still in the hospital? How is she now?

Catsnclay
08-04-2007, 07:39 PM
I used to Work in In/Out/ER Hospital Admitting and have practically memorized those stupid consent forms...

like Phred kinda suggested above, FRIENDS or FAMILY with you of good, sound minds that can help you with the admitting process.

OK, done hijacking the thread. ;)

Kelly-

You did NOT hijack this thread, you would think with all the medical problems & hospital stays Gina has, she would know this by now.....deaf or not.

If she didn't ask for an inturpertur, then they understood she read everything that she had to sign. As a hearing person I have asked questions before I signed, and I have read everything before signing - or my husband is there, reading, before anything is signed - regardless if it is a hospital or not!

Never, ever sign a document before reading AND understanding it. It is just good common sense. :D

sandragonfly
08-05-2007, 03:40 AM
I'm starting to wish I hadn't this surgery.. :( :( :( just went through some screaming spasms anf fell again not long ago. :(

gunshot pains and my foot keeps getting swollen and purplish.. I swear I'd rather have my knee amputated now. :( delilah, am not in the hospital now and can promise I won't ever go back there.

three of you posters, you're getting it all wrong. you all even spelt interpreter incorrectly and it was not even about the surgery. :mad: :mad: :(

please don't even bother to speak before the unspoken story of the survivor.

lbaker
08-05-2007, 05:29 AM
Gina, people are only trying to help. There is no cause to be rude to people that are caring and thinking only of your health and well being and to chide them for mistakes in spelling of all things.

Craftlady
08-05-2007, 05:45 AM
three of you posters, you're getting it all wrong. you all even spelt interpreter incorrectly and it was not even about the surgery. :mad: :mad: :(

Btw, correction in grammer........ spelt is NOT a word. :)
Those 3 posters who spelled incorrectly are JUST HUMAN. Everyone makes errors.

People here on PT are just trying to help you but your not seeing it because of the heavy pain medications clouding your judgement?

There are been some wonderful suggestions and well thought out explainations (for example the post Kelly made comes to mind).

Daisy and Delilah
08-05-2007, 08:13 AM
Gina, I was pretty miserable until I called the doctor. He put me in physical therapy. That was the answer. I was a new person after that. Do they have PT scheduled for you yet?

Believe me, I know how you feel. You really start to feel hopeless until the PT people tell you about the exercises and what you need to do to recover as quickly as possible. I hope your doctor has PT plans set up asap. Feel better! :(

Alysser
08-05-2007, 08:41 AM
Sorry you're having so much trouble with this surgery. I'll hope for the best for you.

shais_mom
08-05-2007, 10:09 AM
you of all people hardly have any room to talk when it comes to spelling!
how petty!
I know you won't believe me and that's fine - but I do hope you can find your doctor or someone that will help relieve your pain. I've been thru arthoscopic knee surgery x 2 - and know how painful it was.

lbaker
08-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Here is your chance "survivor"... tell us why you chose not to have an interpreter there after all your previous experiences in hospitals.

NoahsMommy
08-05-2007, 02:42 PM

Here is your chance "survivor"... tell us why you chose not to have an interpreter there after all your previous experiences in hospitals.
Right on, Laurie! Please, Gina, enlighten us...give us your version of why you wouldn't set up/organize (however one goes about doing this) an interpreter when you've had so many problems in the past?? Why would you repeatedly and WILLINGLY subject yourself to this when its been such a problem that you are subsposedly SUEING the state of California over it - MY tax dollars, btw.

And I agree with the others, if you're going to be checking others out on their spelling, check yours first please. You have MUCH bigger fish to fry to be worrying about spelling, like getting better and scheduling Physical Therapy. I was in TWO car accidents in June where I totalled two vehicles ( :eek: ) and Physical Therapy was a godsend as I sprained almost every part of my body. (I never told Pet Talk about this.) Get to Physical Therapy as soon as your MD allows you, you'll be so happy you went.

Believe what you wish, these comments ARE actually made with your best interests in mind. We would love it if you had your life back to normal - no more surgery, no more moving, no more drama - just a happy, regular life. :)

Karen
08-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Remember, folks, it wasn't the surgery she didn't have an interpreter for - it was the sickness after she came home that meant she had to go back to the emergency room - that's when the lack of translator/communication came into play.

Just a small point of information: Spelt is a word, but isn't the past tense of spell - that would be spelled. Spelt is a kind of grain, related to wheat.

Catsnclay
08-05-2007, 03:22 PM
I too have to agree with Laurie & Kelly......why do you have such a chip on your shoulder? We have been nothing but nice & helpful towards you, and all you can reply is that are spelling is incorrect :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what you were expecting after surgery, but you knee SHOULD be swollen, purplish and in horrible pain! They went in there to work on it - did you just expect to jump off the operating table and walk away? I hope not.

We have all been waiting to hear from you,and when we did all you did was talk about grammar.......not the question we wanted answered!!

And please choose your words correctly: 'survivor' is not something we would use as to refer to someone that just had surgery. You are 'recovering' from knee surgery. I also had arthroscopic knee surgery on both of my knee's, right one was done 3 times, left only twice, so I KNOW the pain you are going through and it is NORMAL for right after surgery.

You will get through this, we all have.

Believe it or not we are here for you, we are on your side....... I just don't understand why you are fighting us!

So please........let us hear your side of the story.

We are all waiting.......................

NoahsMommy
08-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Remember, folks, it wasn't the surgery she didn't have an interpreter for - it was the sickness after she came home that meant she had to go back to the emergency room - that's when the lack of translator/communication came into play.

OK, I'm willing to accept this. But...I find it incredibly fishy...interesting...odd...WIERD...that an ER doctor or the Admitting doctor...at least this is what I'm gleaning from the only person that will tell us anything (Cindy as Taz_Zoe)...would not WRITE DOWN: what was wrong with you, instructions, why you were reacting, what medications he was giving you, ect. WHY would a doctor treat someone that couldn't understand him and not tell you about it??

That is basically treating someone WITHOUT CONSENT. Something that we all earlier agreed that was kinda important. Something I said myself a DOCTOR would never, ever do if given the choice. As I said before, if EVER a time when a consent is NOT signed, it was because of the patient and the Admitting staff, NOT the doctor, I'd gaurantee that, based on the doctor's malpractice policy.

Whenever I've been discharged from the 4 hospitals I've been admitted or been to the ER at, they've given me discharge orders (written) and even a write up about whatever brought me to the ER - and I've been to the ER for many things, not just my pesky Crohn's Disease - ALL in written form, which includes aftercare, phone numbers of doctors, the hospitals, includes prescriptions, treatment instructions, etc. Did I mention that this has always been in written form for me??

Editing to add:

And please choose your words correctly: 'survivor' is not something we would use as to refer to someone that just had surgery. You are 'recovering' from knee surgery.
Maybe its because of the language barrier, but maybe this can be a learning tool as well. :) 'Survivor' is a term used only when someone has "survived" something where they've almost crossed to the brink of death, like cancer, a heart attack, a deadly disease, a scary car accident. This is what was meant by the above comment. Oh, survivors of 9-11 or the recent Bridge Collapse...those are survivors. Just an FYI.

Catsnclay
08-05-2007, 03:45 PM

Just a small point of information: Spelt is a word, but isn't the past tense of spell - that would be spelled. Spelt is a kind of grain, related to wheat.

Karen-

We are NOT knocking Gina for anything at all. I think you, too are misreading what we are trying to say.

We all have given her nice & thoughtful tips for the future, and she turns around and gets angry with us for mispelling a word :rolleyes:

This thread was NOT about a spelling lesson.

If you are so close to Gina, I suggest strongly that you recommend that she rereads all these posts again - and realize that whe have done nothing but try to HELP her.

Thank you.

Craftlady
08-05-2007, 03:55 PM

I like to learn new words :) Thank You for that information.

I'll correct my statement to read " btw, allot of bad grammer in her posts".

Catty1
08-05-2007, 06:36 PM
If Gina doesn't mind - I would like to point out that spoken and written English, as most of us know it, has not been her first language for many years.

I am not joking when I say that video messages with someone "speaking" in American Sign Language would be easier for her to understand. Also - one can see the mood of the gestures and the expression of the face.

Here is a quote from the link Phred posted:
. . . American Sign Language (ASL) [is] a manually communicated language distinct from English and whose idioms and concepts are not directly translatable into English. It uses different sentence structure, grammar and syntax than English, and is as much a foreign language to English speaking persons as is French or German. Conversely, English is equally foreign to most deaf persons who rely on ASL for communication.

Just as far as English goes - I think Gina does VERY well.

Gina - I know you needed this interpretation AFTER your surgery...I cannot begin to imagine the pain. Gentle {{{hugs}}}

When you feel a bit better, laminating that small summaries of the ADA LAWS might not be a bad idea. God forbid you should need it again! But just in case.

Get well soon.! :)

Daisy and Delilah
08-05-2007, 06:48 PM
After reading through this thread again:

Gina, you said you're falling down. Do you have crutches or a walker or a cane to help you? If not, you need one of those to help you get around. Also; my knee stayed black/blue/purple for about 4 days or so. After about a week, it should start getting better. Something else that might help you is a lift on the toilet seat. Then, it's not so painful to get up--that was my worst pain. Have some ice handy too for the swelling.

Can you call your doctor tomorrow about physical therapy? Good luck.

sandragonfly
08-05-2007, 08:52 PM
oh good grief.. talk about judgement. :(

well, for one, I'm not going to correct you, craftlady, and everyone, if you read somewhere else here that correcting people's grammar is one of my pet peeves.. I didn't mean to 'chide' - just that when someone spells something wrong, I thought they didn't read something correctly, even the link phred provided about laws. (e.g. he used translator instead of interpreter) but, I can understand how my last post sounded like. (with limited signal & unbearing pain). if someone loves harry potter so much and spells herry poter, I just find it really funny. you know, I believe you need to know pretty much everything before you could really help anyone.

judgement or not, it'd be either that I see the help or not, the person reacts individually. for this one, I absolutely don't see how people ARE suppose to try to help when a thread rocketed off the point about something it wasn't even about and the worst now, they're explaining things wrong. I came back to this in for a long time for some good encouragements, however it ends with all of posts talking about constent forms and what-I-should-write lectures I never asked for.. and, thinking I'm all this naive as much as they're with me obviously doesn't help. I actually had to look back at my title to see if I had changed it or something. really.. maybe it was the medication.

first of all,

- it's NOT my responsibility to GET an interpreter but to ASK for one, in written, yes if I want or need one.

but I am sorry.. who said I didn't chose to? oh okay, I guess I chose to be unconscious this time.. and for the record, I am not angry at a mispelling word, only disgusted how this place have became lately, especially to my friend who have been helping me more than she should.

I used this word survivor as I've fought through for my rights, privledges and for my services many times before - I thought to scan a few annunal reports where it talks about cases of mine suing several hospitals .. but, ..with all of impliments here stating I "like" to be a victim, that surely doesn't encourage me to, now.

help thyself, want the answers? earn them. :mad:

noahsmommy, I'd be more than glad to give you the name of the clerk and number as it seemed our, my or even non-dramatic tazzoee's words didn't matter but of course, believe what you wish too.

yes, I understand you and others have went to hospitals or worked as one but that does not mean (and obviously by your posts) you've lived by MY laws or even principles as much as I know as I recall neither of you are deaf. many doctors and nurses don't yet anyway, to understand and serve us better ..

delilah, I fell off the crutches because of SO much, nerve-pinching pressure pain that made me feel like throwing up trying to get up. :( how soon did you called? today is my only fourth day.. bathroom, yes - goshness. we, cindy tried to call doctor yesterday, and today - closed. we try again tomorrow, definitely. thank you so much for staying with me..

and THANKYOU catty.. I always try my best and sometimes people can be so tearfully petty and painful.. I, alone don't always have the words. one person can't do it too much. on that, I've gave up. :( and they will be my friends if they will.

p.s. ~ spelt IS for the past tense of spell in british.. am I wrong to correct?

NoahsMommy
08-05-2007, 09:54 PM
noahsmommy, I'd be more than glad to give you the name of the clerk and number as it seemed our, my or even non-dramatic tazzoee's words didn't matter but of course, believe what you wish too.

yes, I understand you and others have went to hospitals or worked as one but that does not mean (and obviously by your posts) you've lived by MY laws or even principles as much as I know as I recall neither of you are deaf. many doctors and nurses don't yet anyway, to understand and serve us better ..

Forgive me, but I don't really understand a lot of your post. :o I see that part of this is directed at me. You want to give me a clerks phone number to check on what?? I don't recall saying I didn't believe you regarding anything you've done - or haven't done.

Unless I missread or don't understand - wouldn't be the first time, I am a blondie! :)

Bunny has reinerated that we were intending our posts to help you for when you came back from your surgery/ER. The reason I posted all that "Consent Information" was for YOU, Gina, because I've myself have been in so much pain that I don't give a "flying you know what" and signed any darn form they've put in front of me at the ER. So, when the topic was, "a possibility of you not knowing what was in those forms you signed", I wrote what was in those forms you may have signed, to help YOU.

sandragonfly
08-05-2007, 10:15 PM
thank you but it just doesn't make sense to me why you ARE trying to help me now and here how I was treated last time, I never wanted or asked for YOUR or her help.

I think we should continue this privately. or just leave it here as it has been.

Daisy and Delilah
08-05-2007, 10:22 PM
I couldn't use crutches either. I used a walker. It's been my salvation through the knee replacement also.

I guess it was about the third or fourth day I called the doctor to see what we could do. I was having some serious pain and getting pretty upset that I was going to hurt myself if I did something I shouldn't. When I started physical therapy, they told me that I could do things I wasn't aware of. I was just too scared to try anything. The physical therapy was the turning point. After that, I recovered and went back to work. I guess it was about 10 days that I returned to work. Other people I know were back in less than a week afterwards. But......that may be too soon for normal activity. Remember, each case is different. With knee surgeries I've learned that one of the most important things is to not compare yourself to other people. You will recover at your own rate. When you get the doc on the phone, see if they can get you a walker--much better and much easier to use. Sometimes the orthopedic doctors have them right in the office for lending.
I guess another really important thing is to not rush your recovery by doing too much. Baby it for as long as possible. As long as your knee wasn't too badly damaged, it should heal and you'll be good for awhile :) Key words: no pivoting~~

Catsnclay
08-06-2007, 11:10 AM
thank you but it just doesn't make sense to me why you ARE trying to help me now and here how I was treated last time, I never wanted or asked for YOUR or her help.

WOW :eek:

Don't you think you should try to be a little nicer to those who are trying to help you out??!!

Catty1
08-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Okay - Gina, if I read your post correctly, you are feeling bitter at the help some people are offering - because they didn't help you before and might even have bashed you.

I can't begin to imagine the pain you are experiencing, and I hope you do get a walker like D&D said.

At some point, though, think about how you and everyone deserves a second chance. Pain just brings out bad memories and thoughts, I know, like a magnet.

When and if you can...let's make this thread a second chance from now on. We all here - you, and me, and the other PTrs - have the power to give those second chances.

Cause - life is too short to have old anger renting space in your head.

This is posted out of concern, and a desire for peace. :)

HUGS!

lizbud
08-06-2007, 11:35 AM
Okay - Gina, if I read your post correctly, you are feeling bitter at the help some people are offering - because they didn't help you before and might even have bashed you.

I can't begin to imagine the pain you are experiencing, and I hope you do get a walker like D&D said.

At some point, though, think about how you and everyone deserves a second chance. Pain just brings out bad memories and thoughts, I know, like a magnet.

When and if you can...let's make this thread a second chance from now on. We all here - you, and me, and the other PTrs - have the power to give those second chances.

Cause - life is too short to have old anger renting space in your head.

This is posted out of concern, and a desire for peace. :)

HUGS!

Could you get any more sappy than that? I think not. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Catty1
08-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Could you get any more sappy than that? I think not.

Okay, so how would YOU end the fighting? :)

If you're not a part of the solution, you are part of the problem. You decide.

sandragonfly
08-06-2007, 01:11 PM
sorry, I don't respond to judgement and rudeness. it wasn't because of last bash - I've got over with it, PT isn't my life anymore. I'm talking about two specific posters here and she just happens to talk about the same person. obviously, this was not a long ago.

I don't have problem with people, even phred who were trying to help - like I said, I just don't understand why they bother to help in here when they refuse to reply my several PMs already. when there's a lack of correspondence, you hardly accept the help.

for others, please understand my last post and know I appreciate posts, always. without jugdements and assumptions, of course and I thank you all for that even I haven't said it yet. although I went through the worst before, I just want this knee to be fixed. :( :mad: :(

delilah, I was bummed when I read 10 days.. okay, I remember I can't compare.. http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/sigh.gif I can't believe I totally forgot to tell you all when I read "as long as your knee isn't badly damaged.." - the operation had changed a bit, instead of putting graft in, they screwed in to stuck my patella. and this is the part where it hurts like .. *clears throat* ... my whole leg, from a bit above of knee to toes are terrribly brusied and it won't stop producing more bruises.. and is NOT doing any better. just yesterday, I couldn't stand up anymore. bedridden.. couchridden.. toiletridden.

I just can't wait until my doctor SEES my leg tomorrow for the follow up, I'd be surprised if he says it's all fine.. :( the scary part is that I am running out of pain killers soon. "no refills", so I'll need and hope to get some more asap - I've been taking it like I love them.

does your walker has rollers on?

shais_mom
08-06-2007, 01:23 PM
sorry, I don't respond to judgement and rudeness. it wasn't because of last bash - I've got over with it, PT isn't my life anymore. I'm talking about two specific posters here and she just happens to talk about the same person. obviously, this was not a long ago.

I don't have problem with people, even phred who were trying to help - like I said, I just don't understand why they bother to help in here when they refuse to reply my several PMs already. when there's a lack of correspondence, you hardly accept the help.

for others, please understand my last post and know I appreciate posts, always. without jugdements and assumptions, of course and I thank you all for that even I haven't said it yet. although I was through the worst, I just want this knee to be fixed. :( :mad: :(

delilah, I was bummed when I read 10 days.. okay, I remember I can't compare.. http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/sigh.gif I can't believe I totally forgot to tell you all when I read "as long as your knee isn't badly damaged.." - the operation had changed a bit, instead of putting graft in, they screwed in to stuck my patella. and this is the part where it hurts like .. *clears throat* ... my whole leg, from a bit above of knee to toes are terrribly brusied and it won't stop producing more bruises.. and is NOT doing any better. just yesterday, I couldn't stand up anymore.

I just can't wait until my doctor SEES my leg tomorrow for the follow up, I'd be surprised if he says it's all fine.. :( the most scary part is that I am running out of pain killers soon. "no refills", so I'll need and hope to get some more asap - I've been taking it like I love them.

does your walker has rollers on?
I don't know if I'm one of the ones your talking about or not b/c I can't follow your post at all. Probably but I'm going to comment real quick on the medical paragraph regardless- just ask him to make sure you don't have a blood clot in that leg.

sandragonfly
08-06-2007, 01:35 PM
quoted by shais mom
I don't know if I'm one of the ones your talking about or not. Probably but I'm going to comment quick on the medical paragraph - just ask him to make sure you don't have a blood clot in that leg.

no, not you.. lately. maybe. blood clot in the leg is what I am afraid of, my grandfather just died of it.

this is so depressing.. for the first time ever, ever in my life I've came to think of myself first before the cats and I can't stop crying thinking about it. it's just.. a life-change smack?? I feel they're totally neglected even though I know they are in good hands. I saw them yesterday through the windows but didn't get chance to hold, hug or touch them.. :(

Daisy and Delilah
08-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Gina, my walker doesn't have wheels on it. They suggested that after the knee replacement but it never happened. You can get one with wheels if you would feel more comfortable with that. It will work for you to help make your walking gait normal.

To me, feeling depressed after any knee surgery, is completely normal. You sound exactly like I did. Trust me,when you go for your followup tomorrow, you will find out about physical therapy, blood clots, and your progress so far. If there is something out of the ordinary, the doctor should spot it right away. If I were you, I would make a list of questions to take with you so nothing is left off.

Don't worry about running out of pain pills. The doctor will give you more. Knee surgery is very very painful, as alot of us here know. The doctors know this too and they will help you.

Try to think positive thoughts. I know you feel hopeless, helpless, and scared, but, things will get better very soon. You're in what I call the "dark" period afterwards. You will see a light soon........believe me. I feel like I could write a book on knee surgery by now. The more positive you are, the quicker you will recover. :)

I should also add: I went back to work in 10 days. I was doing okay much sooner than that. :)

Catsnclay
08-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Ok, I am probably one of the PT'ers that she is talking about, and Gina whatever you may feel against me right now is NOT my fault. :(

This goes way before this thread ever started, and all I have ever wanted for you is the best. I think you know that, but just because what happened, or I should actually say, what didn't happen before the knee surgery was apparently a miscommunication of sorts.......and I think you know that.

I didn't do anything to you to hurt you. Yes, what I offered did not come through, and I am sorry for that, but you cannot be mad at me for something I could not control.

Often life brings us things we have to deal with......good things and disapointing things. Like I told you before, I have no idea what went wrong - everything on my side was ready and in place. I'm not 'blaming' you for anything and you should not blame me. Obviously this was just not meant to be.

Please accept it for just that.

If you are still upset with me, well then that is your choice, but I still have nothing but good wishes for you.

What you are experiencing with your knee is normal. IF you had a blood clot, you would know, but what you are feeling is the 'normal' after surgery pain. You are over the 'hump' now and should be getting better with each and every day. Check with your doctor to see if he wants you to have a walker with wheels......wheels can be very dangerous if you do not have control over you balance, the last thing you need right now is to fall and hurt yourself! :rolleyes:

Also, please be careful with your pain meds. Do not take them more often than prescribed.....even if you are in pain. Use either ice or heat to put on your knee to help with the pain (I prefer ice, it seems to numb things quicker).

Pain meds are great.....but they can also do more harm. There is NO pill out there that does not have a side affect, so please be careful!

Taz_Zoee
08-06-2007, 09:29 PM
First of all, I just wanted to clarify that the hospital Gina went to the day after her surgery was NOT the same hospital she had the surgery in. I do not live in the same town where the surgery was done.
Second, Gina has gone back to the hospital today. Back to the hospital where the surgery was performed. So hopefully they can help her.
I will update as I get information and access to a computer.
Thank you all for your thoughts and concern.

Cinder & Smoke
08-06-2007, 09:51 PM
The hospital Gina went to the day after her surgery was
NOT the same hospital she had the surgery in.

This is probably why the Doctor in Hospital #2 didn't seem too helpful -
NO Doctor is going to "check" or "re-work" another Surgeon's surgery
without seeing any surgical reports AND having a consultation with Doctor #1.
ESPECIALLY ONE day after the initial surgery.

Today Gina has gone back to the hospital, where the original surgery was performed.

I will update as I get information and access to a computer.

Did YOU (Taz-Zoee) or another close friend accompany Gina while she was processed
and examined - to serve as an "extra set of eyes and ears" for her?
Were arrangements made (in advance) for a deaf interpreter or translator to be there
to assist with communications?

IS Gina feeling any better?

/s/ Phred

Cinder & Smoke
08-06-2007, 10:55 PM
On Which "Today" or "Tomorrow" is Gina going into the hospital?

I just can't wait until my doctor SEES my leg tomorrow for the follow up,
I'd be surprised if he says it's all fine

Gina indicates she'll see Doctor #1 on TUESDAY, August 07.
-----------------------------------------------------------

A little later on TODAY (MONDAY) at 7:29 PM

Gina has gone back to the hospital today.
Back to the hospital where the surgery was performed.

Ta-Zoee tells us Gina went to the Hospital TODAY.
-------------------------------------------------------------

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/confused.gif

Are you two Young Ladies actually in contact with each other?

Did she have her in-Hospital follow-up TODAY, or will she have it TOMORROW?

Some of us have *strongly suggested* that Gina take along a Trusted Friend
when she has Doctor or Hospital appointments ...
another set of eyes & ears to get the details down correctly.

DID, or if it's tomorrow, WILL, someone be going with Gina on this important check-up?

/s/ Phred

NoahsMommy
08-06-2007, 11:28 PM
I see what you mean Phred.

This is an unplanned visit to the hospital, I presume???

Catty1
08-07-2007, 12:11 AM
http://asl.ms/gail/images/h.gif http://asl.ms/gail/images/i.gif

http://asl.ms/gail/images/g.gifhttp://asl.ms/gail/images/i.gif
http://asl.ms/gail/images/n.gifhttp://asl.ms/gail/images/a.gif

Still trying to find SMALLER letters! :D

Taz_Zoee
08-07-2007, 12:34 AM
Today's visit was emergency. Yes a "trusted" friend (since you all seem to think I'm not:() is with her. She is at the same medical center where her follow-up appointment is scheduled for tomorrow.
There is a small set back with Gina's knee. I will post more details as I get them. I don't want to give incorrect information.

shais_mom
08-07-2007, 12:49 AM
Today's visit was emergency. Yes a "trusted" friend (since you all seem to think I'm not:() is with her. She is at the same medical center where her follow-up appointment is scheduled for tomorrow.
There is a small set back with Gina's knee. I will post more details as I get them. I don't want to give incorrect information.
I don't know why you think that. I think the trusted friend that is being referred to IS you.

Catty1
08-07-2007, 01:09 AM
gina - attachment for you

Whisk_Luva
08-07-2007, 02:48 AM
p.s. ~ spelt IS for the past tense of spell in british.. am I wrong to correct?

Yes Gina you are correct... I just looked it up in my dictonary.

Hope you feel better and the pain stops soon!

Daisy and Delilah
08-07-2007, 08:54 AM
In this case, I hope I haven't given wrong advice. I am only speaking from my experience and experiences of many people I've talked to.

If you're back at the hospital for an emergency Gina, I hope all is well.

Please keep us updated when possible Gina or Taz. :(

Karen
08-07-2007, 11:41 AM
I just heard from Gina, through a friend, Helen. Gina has been at the hospital since yesterday afternoon, they are giving her blood thinners as she has several blood clots in her right thigh, and the knee is infected. She's got a dangerously high fever, and cannot use her hand to type to log in to Pet Talk because there are a couple IV's in it. (Ouch, I hate IV's in the hand!)

Her friend will update me later today, the emergency-room physicians are talking scary stuff (amputation - to keep blood clots from killing her) but Gina's knee surgeon is supposed to be there in an hour or so, and hopefully will be able to get at the source of the infection and hopefully the blood thinners will work on the clots.

Keep our girl in your prayers, okay folks?

Whisk_Luva
08-07-2007, 11:43 AM
I just heard from Gina, through a friend, Helen. Gina has been at the hospital since yesterday afternoon, they are giving her blood thinners as she has several blood clots in her right thigh, and the knee is infected. She's got a dangerously high fever, and cannot use her hand to type to log in to Pet Talk because there are a couple IV's in it. (Ouch, I hate IV's in the hand!)

Her friend will update me later today, the emergency-room physicians are talking scary stuff (amputation - to keep blood clots from killing her) but Gina's knee surgeon is supposed to be there in an hour or so, and hopefully will be able to get at the source of the infection and hopefully the blood thinners will work on the clots.

Keep our girl in your prayers, okay folks?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Gina!

Prayers! Millions of prayers! :(

Logan
08-07-2007, 11:45 AM
I will continue to have Gina in my prayers, Karen. I do appreciate your informative update. This is so scary for her, I'm sure. :(

Logan
08-07-2007, 11:47 AM

You have been a wonderful friend to Gina. Thank you, so much, for doing all that you have.

Logan

Daisy and Delilah
08-07-2007, 12:27 PM
I'm so sorry Gina. I hope you will get better soon. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Thank you, Karen, for updating.

Taz: You don't give yourself enough credit. You are truly a good friend to Gina. You're a special person. :)

Cinder & Smoke
08-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Hi God ~

We hope You're in Kalee-forn-ia wiff our Lil Dancing Girl - Gina.

She needs Your Help, God - Big Time!
Did You bring the BigBook? ... Show all her Docs da Rite Page;
then Please guide their hands to Heal our Dancer.

Please give Gina a buncha {{{God'sHugs}}} - let her know You're onna case.

And kan You spare sum **Snuggles** for Crayola anna Kat Herd?

We'll all be krossin Pawz & Klawz down here; and ask the Bridge Kids to do the same.

THANKS, God!

FEEL BETTER, Gina!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

Catty1
08-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Gina....thinking of you, all prayers your way.

Wishing you healing and wholeness.

HUGS!

jennielynn1970
08-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Holy crap... missed a lot in a few days. I hope that things are going better and that they won't have to amputate. That is just a horrible thought!! I wonder if they forgot something inside that caused the infection? You hear that happens all the time these days!

Big hugs, and hope you will be feeling much better soon Gina!

phesina
08-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Prayers and healing energy and good wishes are coming from us.

Love, hugs, and purrs,
Pat and cats

Catty1
08-07-2007, 11:45 PM
Late Tuesday night....

Gina, I hope you are out of pain and finally getting a good sleep.

By Elton John:

Blue jean baby, L.A. lady, seamstress for the band
Pretty eyed, pirate smile, you'll marry a music man
Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand
And now she's in me, always with me, tiny dancer in my hand

:)

Looking forward to better news tomorrow.... ;)

Karen
08-08-2007, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the paryers everyone, they must be working as I just got a call from Gina, and she's feeling much better. So they at least found a stronger medicine that is working. She is on blood thinners, and not allowed to try to get up, or move around too much until they do another MRI in a couple days to make SURE the clots are dissolving, but at least they've stopped mentioning amputation. The surgeon didn't get there until 6 hours later than expected because of emergencies, but said the surgery site looks cleaner, looks better now, so that is also good.

Gina thanks everyone for their continued prayers, and says she will follow doctor's orders for sure. She's off now to get a new x-ray of her knee - they want to check for damage from when she fell, to see if she'll need additional surgery.

Husky_mom
08-08-2007, 02:05 PM
hang in there Gina...... still thinking of you.......

take it easy and rest..... hugs....... tons of them!!!.....

glad to hear sheŽs feeling better

thanks for the update

NoahsMommy
08-08-2007, 03:39 PM
Wow! Thank goodness amputation is no longer on the surgeons minds anymore. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Great news that Gina is feeling/getting better!

Catty1
08-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Gina - thinking good thoughts and sending them your way!

Glad you are feeling better! :)

CathyBogart
08-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Hey Gina - I've been following this but haven't checked in before. I am VERY glad to hear that you're feeling better, relieved that they stopped mentioning amputation (SCARY!!) and I hope you are home with your ark very soon!

phesina
08-08-2007, 05:07 PM
So glad to hear things are looking up and Gina is feeling better!

Pat and cats

Karen
08-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Thanks, folks - she's still got several days in the hospital, and we're all praying the blood thinners work and those clots in her right thigh dissolve for good - that's the most dangerous thing right now, and why she's not allowed to move. She said, when telling me that she's promised to follow the doctor's orders to the letter, that she does want to be able to walk normally again, and to run and to dance - all of these require a functional knee, of course.

And I did ask, Terry, if when they allowed her to go home they'd give her a walker this time, but they aren't even thinking that far ahead yet. I forgot to mention in my last post that her fever has gone down, probably why she feels much more alive today, but they are watching that closely, too.

NoahsMommy
08-08-2007, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the uppydate, Karen! :) Its nice to have something POSITIVE happening for Gina. Great news!!

Hey, is Cathy (Taz_Zoee) with Gina now?

jennielynn1970
08-08-2007, 06:58 PM
Wait... she fell after the surgery?! :eek: I must have missed that in a post somewhere. I'm surprised they didn't give her some kind of crutch or cane or something to help her with balance.

Hope things are going better.

Karen
08-08-2007, 07:01 PM
She had crutches, but did fall anyway, she was in a lot of pain, so that may have thrown off her balance further.

Taz_Zoe is Cindy, not Cathy! Gina is in the hospital, so Taz_Zoe's probably feeding the Ark.

jennielynn1970
08-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Oh.... yeah, crutches aren't the easiest things to maneuver. I hated them when I broke my ankle twice.

The blood clots are the super scary part. Gosh. Hope they can take care of that quickly. Those suckers are no joke.

Cinder & Smoke
08-08-2007, 07:09 PM
She's still got several days in the hospital ...

And I did ask, if when they allowed her to go home, they'd give her a walker this time,
but they aren't even thinking that far ahead yet.

Seems like the Hospital didn't "think" the First time they discharged her! :rolleyes:

How are they handling the Deaf Translator / Interpreter situation?
Have they set her up with a way to communicate with her daily care givers?

Keep Getting WELL, Gina!! ;)

Karen
08-08-2007, 07:15 PM
I didn't get a chance to ask about the "terp" situation today, but she was able to call me herself today, which is an improvement from yesterday. They seem to be managing communication okay at the moment, from what I can tell. It probably helps a lot that she's in much less pain and can concentrate more if she needs to write.

Many, many people these days seem to be discharged too quickly - in my humble opinion, and surely it costs the insurance company more when, like in Gina's case and countless others I know, the patient ends up needing to return in an emergency situation!

shais_mom
08-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Seems like the Hospital didn't "think" the First time they discharged her! :rolleyes:

How are they handling the Deaf Translator / Interpreter situation?
Have they set her up with a way to communicate with her daily care givers?

Keep Getting WELL, Gina!! ;)
well you know yourself Phred thanks to Misser Insoooorance (;) :rolleyes: ;) )that its just like a conveyor belt!!
But apparently they dumped Gina off of the conveyor belt instead of gently letting her step off!!

cyber-sibes
08-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Karen, thanks for the updates. I'm just seeing this thread, and I hope Gina continues to improve. This was starting to sound like a nightmare to go through.

(((hugs))))Gina, and many prayers are on their way to you, dear.

Daisy and Delilah
08-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Thanks, Karen. Hopefully they will give her what she needs this time and all goes well. I believe this is an out-patient thing in most places and they really don't tell you a whole lot about anything. Get better Gina. :)

Catty1
08-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Karen, thanks so much for posting updates...I was really WORRIED, now I am just concerned...

I think she was with someone named Helen at the hospital initially. Cindy/Taz has done so much for her - Gina has repeatedly acknowledged her doing more than she should - but I am glad that Cindy gets a bit of a breather as well.

I know the Ark is in good hands, but Gina will sure be glad to hug them again!

Get well, Gina...all in good time. :)

Karen
08-09-2007, 09:10 PM
Just heard from Gina - for you newer folks, she's in the hospital, and the wireless coverage there is not good enough for her to get on the Internet, that's why I am posting updates, not Gina herself. She uses her Sidekick to access the Internet usually, when she's not on the computer at home, that is.

She is in a little more pain today, and they started to attempt physical therapy, she will still need to stay at least until the weekend. The good news is the x-rays and CAT scan showed no additional damage from when she fell, so that is a big relief.

Guys, she got a little chuckle out of the "dumped off the conveyor belt" analogy ...

She's feeling better enough to be bored, so that's a good and bad thing all at once!

dukedogsmom
08-09-2007, 09:17 PM
I'm a bad PTer for not checking in sooner. I'm glad she's doing ok. Hope the pain goes away soon. Though I'm sure she's in for kind of a rough time. I hope it will prove worth it later on. Tell her I said hi when you talk to her again.

Catty1
08-09-2007, 09:37 PM
HUGS to Gina. Being bored is frustrating...just don't let it get you doing things too soon! :) You know that old conveyor belt! ;)

NoahsMommy
08-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Taz_Zoe is Cindy, not Cathy! Gina is in the hospital, so Taz_Zoe's probably feeding the Ark.

Oh no! I'm sorry Cindy...leave it to me to call someone the wrong name. :(

That's so sweet of you to care for Gina's beloved crew. No doubt she's worried about them.

Hugs, Kelly :)

P.S. Glad to see Gina's healing up and is now battling the boredom. Boredom is at least curable! ;) Sounds like trashy magazine time (ie: celebrity rags)!! I adore reading those.

Karen
08-10-2007, 11:41 PM
Gina asked me to update everyone, and sends her greetings. Taz_Zoe is now on vacation, but her parents, bless them, are taking care of Gina's ark for her, which is a great releif for her. She's having more pain again, and the fever has returned some. The surgeon came by again today, Gina's still having thrombosis forming in her leg, and that's what really hurts the most. Thank goodness for the morphine.

Gina is hoping to be moved to a higher floor tomorrow, and hopes that coverage will be better there, and she'll be able to access Pet Talk herself then.

Please keep Gina in your prayers, for healing, and for comfort, and help her also as she's feeling pretty lonely right now as well.

And she has a request!

Could each person post one photo and tell why it is their favorite? That will give her something cheery to look at when hopefully she gets better coverage for her pager.

jennielynn1970
08-10-2007, 11:44 PM
Pet photo or photo of anything photo???

Catty1
08-10-2007, 11:46 PM
I'd like to start a new thread for that - Photo Thread for Gina.

I'll do a first post - and if it doesn't work, will put it back in this thread.

Just an idea.

THANKS for the updates, Karen! I hope they get that thrombosis beaten! That's scary!

jennielynn1970
08-11-2007, 04:04 PM
How's the patient?

Karen
08-11-2007, 09:46 PM
I haven't heard from her yet today, she had been hoping to be moved to an upper floor, where maybe the coverage would be better for her Sidekick (her pager/computer) would be better. So maybe she'll be able to log in soon and tell us herself! But anyone who has ever been hospitalized knows how long such things can take - moving from one floor to another requires much paperwork - so I am not sure if that actually got accomplished or not.

sandragonfly
08-12-2007, 03:00 PM
:D :D I have had this big grin on my face seeing someone "spoke" in my language on pet talk!! HI GINA! so neat to see that.. :D gee, I hope the doctor still knows I could be still in pain with this grin on! (oh and, can't read your .doc attachment on this browser, will do so later when can later).

sorry about yesterday.. :( :( yesterday was absolute the lousy, awful and worst day EVER had since I was here. (don't you believe no news means good news anymore, do you..?) they took me off morphines ... by some miscommunications of authorizations. :eek: I pleged, begged and cried to sleep for some - I need my morphine every three or so hours to keep pain away but yesterday, the nurse I had also was sooo not-so-nice. :( then all of sudden I passed out (slowly stopped breathing) after sweating for 8 hours - fever have went up back to 104 something, they took me back to where I first was here, emergency room.. god, the nurse.. was so ingorant. :mad: :mad: thinking I was just a crying patient. and just mute..

now I'm back onto the same floor, but different recovery room on the opposite side. I was suppose to be upstairs yesterday into long-term care room - higher, which always means a better coverage but luckly since I'm moved back into a different room closer to and with bigger window, current signal works pretty good! I still miss my last window, it has a cute crooked tree to look at. :) now all I see are the next-door walls..

(to be continued ..)

Catty1
08-12-2007, 03:06 PM
Gina - hope you see your photo thread....Karen's idea! :)

sandragonfly
08-12-2007, 03:55 PM
okay.. physical therapy didn't go well. to try again - we couldn't really do anything since because of some serve swellings. only took five steps and they wanted me to stop for now. :( totally stuck here. at this stage.. I really need try to get up. going nuts.. having heramonia (sp?) doesn't really help.

delilah! I have a walker now.. a luxury one. :D either you can switch it to a roller or no wheelers. automatically. NO wheelers for me, :rolleyes: as am still a bit wobbly. :o but works pretty good for me when I need to potty next to me so I can rest my heel on it while I go - to prevent more pressure pain. they didn't recommend cane and I like my crutches, I don't know how but I seem to be more steady with them. :) now everytime I look at it, terry pops into my mind.

catsnclay, I'd like to make this really short, thank you for your post.. I appreciate knowing the different perspective now. it wasn't really a long before this thread started because it was a big thing - I shared out my personal information I'd never give over the internet and then last thing I got was yellings for "making things harder".. especially for the car accident I got in few weeks ago. and the words from others what you had considered of me. :( had you said one sentence out of what you posted, PMed me, I might would have thought differently.

I understand "everything happens for a reason" but I wish you'd give me a second chance.. everything doesn't always work at first, and was looking forward to do the same plus, it'd help us a lot. I even had my whiskers ready for you, as I remember you collect them. but you're right, it wasn't meant to be..

yes catty, I will look for it, can't wait to. it was my idea by the way, as I requested for them. :) thank you for the well wishes and thoughts everyone.. I just wish so badly and want to get out of here.

all traumatized. :(

Catty1
08-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Yes, I recall now, I reread the post and Karen has said you requested it! :)

I hope you have a good pain-free sleep tonight - and that can make all the difference for physio tomorrow.

(gentle) HUGS!

sandragonfly
08-12-2007, 04:44 PM
omg.. I spelled it really wrong.

hematoma - (hematoma (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hematoma)) is what I'm trying to say.

and the doctor said there's nothing we can do about it, just to let it heal, reduce itself .. takes forever!! and that physical therapist needs to stop coming back until a week or so later. :(

just had my temperature taken, and it just won't go a frigging bit down! so frustrating.. makes me not so hungry and I got in trouble for not eating.

Karen
08-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Good to see you have coverage and are able to read and post! Congratularions on that. I am sorry yesterday was so completely awful. That walker sounds really neat!

I had to use a walker when I had my brain surgery 11 years ago, and the Physical Therapist said, "You do very well with that, for such a young person," so I had to explain "I had a lot - a LOT - of elderly relatives when I was a kid, so I've seen them used my whole life and must have absorbed some technique along the way!"

Catty1
08-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Hematoma....big blood blister...and yeah, they do reabsorb, but it takes time.

Gina, after my surgery I had NO appetite for a long time. I started thinking of food as 'medicine'. Taking it would help me get better.

I had no appetite, but ate my food anyway. You might try that.

Better times are soon!

shais_mom
08-12-2007, 04:53 PM
aaaahhh
HEMATOMA
I thought you mean PNEUMONIA....
especially with a fever.
now I'm on the same page -
yep that's what Anna has been battling with since Bon bit her....
takes for ever!

sandragonfly
08-12-2007, 05:02 PM
yeah.. the other day when I called karen, asked her if she remembered seeing ann's pictures and all that - is the exactly same I am having right now.. infinity undescriptive pain. :( :(

catty, food here are godly gross .. all moistured, mashed and soggy. even last time only the smell had me throw up! my body is so, so supersensitive and different from many - I can't eat same things over again in a short amount of time either.. I get of sick of food easily, really easily - healthly or not.

would you want to order me a pizza again, the mayor? ;)

Karen
08-12-2007, 05:07 PM
yeah.. the other day when I called karen, asked her if she remembered seeing anna's pictures and all that - is the exact same I am having right now.. infinity undescriptive pain. :( :(

catty, food here are godly gross here. even last time only the smell had me throw up! my body is so, so supersensitive and different from many - I can't eat same things over again in short amount of time either.. I get of sick of food easily, really easily - healthly or not.

would you want to order me a pizza again, the mayor? ;)

Hee hee - I dunno if Domino's delivers to hospital rooms! ;) Hmm, maybe you can ask for a kosher meal or a vegetarian meal - just for variety!

Daisy and Delilah
08-12-2007, 06:10 PM
You have really been through alot, Gina. I hope things will get much better soon. I'm glad you got a walker. It's alot more comfortable to use than crutches.

When I was in the hospital, the food sorta turned my stomach every time I looked at it. I tried to at least eat part of it(parts I liked :) , so they wouldn't think I wasn't eating at all and have a fit. It was the typical hospital food. Maybe you can get somebody to bring you something if the staff says it's okay. At least you could enjoy something.

Get better soon, Gina, and, keep us posted. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} :)

phesina
08-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Good wishes and prayers for you, Gina, from all of us!

Love, purrs, and hugs,
Peony, Poppy, Sydney, Elmer, Pat, and Priscilla Angel

shais_mom
08-12-2007, 11:04 PM
Hee hee - I dunno if Domino's delivers to hospital rooms! ;) Hmm, maybe you can ask for a kosher meal or a vegetarian meal - just for variety!
they do here!!
So what kind of Pizza are you going to order for the patient Mayor? :)

Karen
08-13-2007, 10:17 AM
Oh dear, not a good update. Gina fell, late last night, and hit her head on the bed rail. So she's back in the Emergency Department, because she's on blood thinners, they are worried about where she hit her head. They did a CAT scan last night, and they're going to be running more tests, so keep her in your prayers.

I said "They ought to wrap you in bubblewrap, like Lady's Human always threatened!"

She said "Even in the hospital?"

And I replied "Apparently so!"

Hopefully when they're done with all the tests, she'll be okay and back in the room where she had good enough coverage that she could log on to Pet Talk!

Catty1
08-13-2007, 10:59 AM
Well, sounds like she still had some sense of humour...

I hope all the tests turn out fine!

Bubble wrap??? How about a titanium body suit? ;)

(JK, Gina!)

rg_girlca
08-13-2007, 07:47 PM
I am so sorry Gina to hear that you are still in so much pain. Having a hematoma after my surgery, I know the pain you are in and pray that you will feel better soon.

My goodness Gina, maybe you should be wrapped in bubblewrap. (Joking also) Please be careful.

Prayers on the way that you have a full and speedy recovery.

Logan
08-13-2007, 08:04 PM
For goodness sake, Gina! I'm beginning to think that wrapping you in bubble wrap is the right thing to do! :p Please be careful and take good care of yourself. You continue to be in our prayers.

Logan

anna_66
08-14-2007, 12:38 AM
Oh my goodness! Such ups and downs since this thread was started:eek:

I can't believe you have a hematoma also Gina (don't suppose you've gotten any pictures of it have you? Just interested in what yours looks like)
They really do hurt. Mine has went down quite a lot but still very painful, so I feel you there.

I hope you'll be out of the hospital and feeling better soon.

You'll be in my prayers dear.

sandragonfly
08-14-2007, 06:22 PM
he he.. I see three of you, you all are away, far away from me! so I remain free.. thank goodness. ;) well, my head (tests) came out mostly negative - the neckside/ear on left was completely numbed for about almost a day. :eek: werid feeling.. very annoying actually. and was all headachy, tynenol didn't help. never did. :(

anna, yes - I have pictures of the knee progress. I have no idea when I'm gonna post it up. my hematoma, from what I saw of yours, mine s way lighter than yours and totally numbs up because the nerves are so pushed against the issues. my knee looks like a ball - size of a small volleyball now. was yours numbed too?

rant: I am going home tonight. staying here is doing me NO good.. been here for nine days now - I couldn't eat or sleep well here at all either.. I finally went nuts yestermorning.

NUTS. trust me, this is the best. for me.

thank you everyone dearly for remaining me in your thoughts, hugs.

dukedogsmom
08-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Hey! I'm at the coffee house on my Sidekick ;) I'm glad you're going home but make sure you're not going too soon. Try to take it easy, ok? I swear you've been in my thoughts. It's good to hear from you. I'll bet you'll be glad to get out of there.

Cinder & Smoke
08-14-2007, 06:57 PM
my head (tests) came out mostly negative -
the neckside/ear on left was completely numbed for about almost a day. :eek:

my knee looks like a ball - size of a small volleyball now.

I am going home tonight.
staying here is doing me NO good ... been here for nine days now -
I couldn't eat or sleep well here at all either ...
I finally went nuts yestermorning.

Gina ~

Is this "going home" being done "AMA" = "Against Medical Advice"?

If so, I seriously suggest you Stick It Out IN the Hospital till the Docs say
it's "safe" for you to leave.

Think Real Hard about this before you leave!

Logan
08-14-2007, 07:04 PM
I think it would be very silly for you to check yourself out of the hospital, Gina, if the doctor isn't releasing you. Think about those who are having to help to care for you and make it easier on them. You have had a tough time with your recuperation, haven't you? I think it would be terribly selfish of you to leave the hospital at this point if the doctor doesn't think you're ready yet.

sandragonfly
08-14-2007, 07:40 PM
heya there val! it's nice to post anytime anywhere eh..? :D (((thanks)))

aw, thank you all for your concerns.. really. it means greatly knowing someone cares.

please, I've talked with my doctor about it - twice. yes, she, too thought it was best for me to go. I mean, I am ready.. she could see me going nuts but confident.. ya know, why or when else do you go nuts when things aren't best for you..? or not going the way you need it? you see,

1) I am finished with blood thinning injections (14 of them) and could bring that in pills with me home for next six weeks. as well as with strong pain killers. all I need. oh, and fever has been down for three days now.

2) my volleyball hematoma, there's nothing they could do about it - just keep icing it, let it reduce itself and keep doing what I can, walk, exercizing it, etc.. (ask anna!)

3) staying here, knowing I am in (lazy) BED, I walk a lot less. I got up and walked two days ago, there's two long corridors out there I've walked on and that, I am limited .. insane. poor chances. for a very active person like me.

while at home, knowing I'm right by bathroom, right by a refrigator that opens 24 hours, next to a computer (if the house has one) and MY crayola to take care of and stuff there to do with - I am able to get up and walk more, and all that free prospects. I improve a lot positively that way, believe me.

4) food here sucks, seriously. :mad: :mad: not only they thought I was giving a fit, but being suicidal too. I've almost never ate anything from here. visitors kept bringing me food and well, easier on them now. ;) and as for sleeping, I never was able to sleep more than 4 hours straight here, always being waken up by nurses/doctors checking on me or by the bright lights, smells of powders (bath, bath, and baths) of the neighbor next to me crying for help zillion of times during nights. with TV on for nine days .. UGH. yes, I asked for a private room.. full.

5) physical therapy is already being arranged, coming to the home where I will be staying for a while - for two weeks or less, starting tomorrow..

so, not to worry - all is good. ;)

sandragonfly
08-14-2007, 08:33 PM
.. :( :( am I should not to leave? making any sense to you? not like I'm going home alone and dance.. I promise to do the same things there, rest, rest and rest ... no leapings or spinnings!

okay, I know I fell twice, especially recently - (it was because of the nurse's foot!!), had ups and downs, etc. but I was able to shower on my own for 30 minutes yesterday! :D :D with all of accomds. of course. and they're going home with me too, with walker & crutches.

for the numbness of neckside/ear, they said it's probably the reaction to trauma - but my knee/leg is all okay because I held it all way down! I couldn't let anything happen to it again!!

hope you all understand better now.. :) going to nap a bit before I come to my life again.

Karen
08-14-2007, 08:40 PM
Good to hear from you again. If you doctor thinks it is best for you to go home, then we'll leave that decision in her hands. I am GLAD, though, that they are sending you home with walker as well as crutches. Will you be staying with someone who is home a lot, just in case?

sandragonfly
08-14-2007, 10:35 PM
I'm afraid to say, unfortunately no. I can't really get up much still anyway because of painful hematoma, except for potties, one-three meals and um, let crayola out the back door twice a day. so that's less risky?

I'll just try to be careful, very caution and move every tiny teensy inch. I'll at least have a physical therapist come in middle of the day every other day..

:confused:

Cinder & Smoke
08-14-2007, 10:54 PM
Will you be staying with someone who is home a lot, just in case?

I'm afraid to say, unfortunately no.

I'll just try to be careful, very caution and move every tiny teensy inch.

Are you no longer staying in the Motorhome?

Just how often will someone be with or near you?

How do you plan to summon HELP if you need it?

Be CAREFUL!!

Logan
08-15-2007, 09:23 AM
I was a bit outspoken in my last response. Sorry. :o I just want you to be careful and heal as quickly as possible, Gina. It was all said out of concern for you and your safety.

Best of luck to you.

sandragonfly
08-15-2007, 12:48 PM
I will.. ((thank you)) :)

phred, I can't go up to the motorhouse yet, it's about three hours away from here and I need to drive first. it'll be a while.. :(

someone will be home at 6 every night, until the alarm wakes her up at 5:30 in morning and leaves at 7. we have set up a code if I need an emergency help. she works not very far away.

I am home .. right now I'm feeling really terrible .. :( :( this has been too long already.

I guess I'll hang in there .. :(

jennielynn1970
08-15-2007, 04:48 PM
I know you said you're going "home" but where is home at this point? I'm glad someone will be there for some of the time, :) , but what will you do if you fall again (we hope not :eek: ) and no one is there to know that you fell?? You could end up unconscious for a long period of time. Not good!! :eek: :(

Do you have one of those emergency bracelets or maybe someone who will check in with you every hour or so to make sure you are ok?? :confused: Just looking out for your well being here. ;)

Catty1
08-15-2007, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Gina:
we have set up a code if I need an emergency help. she works not very far away.

Hopefully this will cover it....Gina, I am sure that when you get enough rest and good sleep, you will start feeling better soon. And EATING! :)

Cinder & Smoke
08-19-2007, 08:31 AM
:confused:

Hey Gina ~

It's been :eek: FOUR DAYS since you last checked in ...

Are You OK ??

What'cha been doing?
;)

sandragonfly
08-20-2007, 12:47 PM
I didn't want to update because it would be too dramatic for you all, you would hear the same things over again. the first three days home weren't very great, almost had to go back to ER but I've managed to not. the last two days are just okay, some improvements I think. I still can't walk or lift by knee/hip. my appetite is getting a little better too, I'd just feel so full for a couple of days.. probably from the different medications I'm taking. stress about leaving back for school before it starts isn't helping either.

and it'd be a lot better if I could get to see my little ark. this is the longest. :( thank you for asking.

Catty1
08-20-2007, 08:07 PM
Hi, Gina.

I think you said someone is coming in - twice a day?

I am trying to remember if this is a physio person. I hope it is and the therapy is helping a bit.

When I came out of surgery, my appetite was shot for a few weeks! I had to think of food as another medicine so I wouldn't get unhealthy from not eating - at the very time my body needed to heal!

PRAYERS and HUGS!

sandragonfly
08-21-2007, 12:40 PM
it was physical therapist that suppose to come in once a day every other day. but since the condition I was/am in, he can't come due to doctor's order until we can do much with my knee or until I am better.

the thing is, the person I've beem staying with, we've been fighting since I got here. I can't speak when I hold my crutches (hands to sign while walking with crutches). people here telling me what I should do or not, that I shouldn't really take pain killers. I am NOT able to heal or mend and it sickens me.. I can't drive yet but if my thunder and keys are here, I'd leave in a heartbeat and just go... somewhere. not that anybody can help me here.

why did I came here, you ask? I didn't really had a choice and thought it'd be be torelable. I can't hold anymore tears. I keep wishing I didn't make it in the accident. at least a little I am hoping I still can go home.

Catty1
08-21-2007, 10:37 PM
{{{{hugs}}}}

Gina - I hope you find another place to stay...is there maybe a part of the hospital that is more 'homey' and less stark?

In any case, I thought of this for you, and it is really beautiful...I hope it will soothe your mind a bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUDIoN-_Hxs

Karen
08-21-2007, 10:40 PM
Gina's not at the hospital now, Catty.

Folks if you could keep Gina in your prayers tonight, she's feeling really low and discouraged on many fronts, and could use your prayers and support right about now.

Catty1
08-21-2007, 10:48 PM
Karen - I know she is not at the hospital...I just wondered, if there was no where else for her to go, if there was a part of the hospital that was less stark and more homey than where she was. More like a care 'residence'.

My prayers are sure with her. I hope the link eases her mind even for a minute - it's called Women in Art.

jennielynn1970
08-21-2007, 11:19 PM
Karen - I know she is not at the hospital...I just wondered, if there was no where else for her to go, if there was a part of the hospital that was less stark and more homey than where she was. More like a care 'residence'.

She'd have to have medical coverage for something like that, or pay out of pocket. Not sure how it is in Canada, but hospitals in the US kick you out as soon as you or better, or before if they can. It all depends on your insurance coverage. It's been getting worse and worse with hospitals and people being let go before they are well enough.

jennielynn1970
08-21-2007, 11:26 PM
I didn't want to update because it would be too dramatic for you all, you would hear the same things over again. the first three days home weren't very great, almost had to go back to ER but I've managed to not. the last two days are just okay, some improvements I think. I still can't walk or lift by knee/hip. my appetite is getting a little better too, I'd just feel so full for a couple of days.. probably from the different medications I'm taking. stress about leaving back for school before it starts isn't helping either.

Gina, I hope you will start to feel better. You can't go back to school if you're not healed... that would just make you worse!! Can't you postpone going back for the fall semester??

Is there somewhere else you can go to recuperate? Do you have other options at this point??

Daisy and Delilah
08-22-2007, 09:06 AM
Gina, Is there someone else you can stay with? It would probably speed up your recovery if there is no fighting going on. That has to be hard for you. I would have a great problem with that myself. Stress doesn't help the body to get better.

Please try to pull yourself out of this so you can be there for all the things you want to do. School, dance, and especially for dear Crayola and your Ark. And.....don't forget Pet Talk and all your friends here.

I feel terrible for you that you're having so much trouble. I know it's going to get better some day but you have to have a positive attitude. I know that feels impossible right now but you have to try to think positive. You will heal eventually. Try to make the best of your down time and write something, draw something, or make one of your beautiful quilts. C'mon, Gina, I did it, I know you can too. I felt hopeless too but I'm doing pretty good now and moving on with the excitement of life. Cheer up sweetie!!!!! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}............Terry

Catty1
08-22-2007, 06:37 PM
Gina...still thinking about you.

Again, all I can think of is sending you beauty to look at...

http://www.sandfantasy.com/

Click on Video Clips.

This is amazing and beautiful - almost like sand and hand dancing. :)

{{{{hugs}}}}

cyber-sibes
08-22-2007, 09:16 PM
Gina, still praying for you, dear. Sending good vibes across the miles...may the help you need be available to you right now.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/cyber-sibes/blinkies/thPinkRoseButterflies.gif

Donnaj4962
08-22-2007, 09:26 PM
Hi Gina! I have been following this thread, just have not posted. But even though I have not posted does NOT mean that I have forgotten about you in my daily prayers!

I am so sorry that things aren't going as well as you had hoped after your surgery. But you must hangin there, and TRY to be patient. ::: I know, that is like telling my cats that I know they want food and I will ge to them in a few minutes!::: Patience my dear.... patience!

I will continue my good thoughts, sending them across the miles to you! And of course, my girls send you head bumpies and whisker kissies!

G535
08-22-2007, 09:27 PM
I hope you get out of there soon and back to your real home and ark. :)

anna_66
08-22-2007, 09:36 PM
I haven't been around much the last week and don't know what's going on, but I do know you need prayers and good thoughts. You'll definitely be getting them from me Gina.

Pembroke_Corgi
08-22-2007, 10:22 PM
Gina,

I hope that things look up for you soon. I'm sorry to hear that things are so rough right now. Please don't give up hope- there are people who care!

Here is something that might make you smile because of its sheer silliness:

http://erichulsing.googlepages.com/pinty2

It's a comic that my husband made. It might not make a lot of sense (it doesn't even to me in parts) but the general joke is that my mom is "pinty" (she ordered a huge beer one time and I got a photo).

Lobodeb
08-22-2007, 11:20 PM
Hi Gina.

I don't know much of what's going on with you, but I hope you are able to pull through like you always do.

Keep your chin up, girl! You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-23-2007, 04:19 AM
Oops, I haven't been on PT very much lately..... sorry.
But this doesn't mean I don't care about you, sweety :) . I am sending you a ton of huge hugs :) Take care dear Gina!!
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20973%20Huge_hug.gif http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20973%20Huge_hug.gif http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20973%20Huge_hug.gif

and look who wants to say hi too:
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/m11.jpg http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/join4.jpg
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/brats7.jpg

kittycats_delight
08-23-2007, 06:03 AM
Thinking of you dearest Gina and keeping you always surrounded with hugs and love. I posted some pretty pics on my photography site. It isn't finished yet but almost. I just need to add my pet pics. Here is the LINK (http://www.freewebs.com/kittycatsdelight/)

Please remember you have a ton of people here at PT that love you dearly and are with you in thought and spirit every single minute.

We love you Gina. Get well soon so we can chat again. I miss you.

(((((((((((((((GINA))))))))))))))))))
Michelle & the monsters

ETA: A silly big mouthed Vega
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/PTCRAZY/Vega/2007_08200131.jpg

elizabethann
08-23-2007, 07:12 AM
Here's a picture from Fenway to put a smile on your face. Hope all is well.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/CosmoMaxie/Fenway_BeMine1.jpg?t=1187871093

Daisy and Delilah
08-23-2007, 09:14 AM
Gina, hope you're doing better. Please check in :)

Husky_mom
08-23-2007, 12:15 PM
still here for you Gina....... hang in there...... this too shall pass......

I need to upload a few pics just for you ;)

stay positive and lift your cheeks up to a smile..... happy thoughts your way.... hugs

phesina
08-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Hi Gina, thinking of you and praying for you...

The kitties (especially Elmer) and I all send our love.

Hugs and purrs,
Elmer, Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Pat, and of course Priscilla Angel

sirrahbed
08-23-2007, 05:02 PM
I hope that each day gets a little better for you gina. (((HUGS)))
D e b b i e

NoahsMommy
08-23-2007, 05:17 PM
Gina honey,

I'm saying this from my heart - as if it were me in your shoes. Please believe that I do - and I think you know that I always have - care a lot for you.

If this is the only place you are able to live in, just try and stay in your room. Entertain yourself with reading books, magazines, the internet, communicating via your SideKick with your friends and of course, loving on Crayola.

Something I learned in school, as well as in my own situation, a body CANNOT heal if you are in a stressful situation and/or are in A LOT of pain. Moderate pain is OK, but Severe Pain is not and you SHOULD be taking your medication as your doctor gave you. Any advice that DOES NOT come from a DOCTOR or NURSE (Or Medically Trained Personnel), should be ignored and treated as ignorant.

Sweetie, the sooner you are able to heal, the sooner you'll be able to get out of the place you are in and back to your normal life. :) I know it sucks living with someone that is antagonizing and hurtful. Just do your best to not allow it inside yourself, don't let that person/people get to you. Your #1 job is to heal...and then get to where YOU want to be, OK?

I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

Love, Kelly & Kitties

((((((Gentle Hugs)))))

rg_girlca
08-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Dear Gina;

What's happened to the girl who has been through so much and yet always seems to get through it. You need to start thinking about "YOU."
Things are tough right now, but you have to focus on getting yourself better so you can get your precious Ark back and get back to your home. Take one day at a time. Start eating a little bit, 5-6 times a day if you can. You have to build your strength up in order to get better. Put everything negative out of your mind and start replacing it with positive thoughts. Picture your lovely Ark in your head so it puts a smile on your face.
Your Ark NEEDS you, just as much as you NEED them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/4.gif

Here's a little Guardian Angel to help you over the hurtles.

I'll be keeping a watch on this thread and want to start seeing some positive vibes from you.

Prayers and positive thoughts continue for you Gina.

Kalei
08-23-2007, 08:56 PM
Oh Gina, it just tears me up inside to know all that you are going through, you are such a strong person, and I know you can make it through this. Man, if I could give you a home, I would let you stay as soon as possible.

You are definately in my prayers and here is a pic of my Bobo and Kalypso to maybe brighten your day a little :)

http://i17.tinypic.com/62ihqbb.jpg

http://i12.tinypic.com/4kpa81i.jpg

Catty1
08-23-2007, 10:39 PM
Gina - Kelly's idea of just staying in your room and away from the negativity is a good one...

I know you are just surviving right now...I hope that a solution has presented itself.

If the doctors have said to take the meds, take them!

HUGS and prayers!

C

sandragonfly
08-24-2007, 01:19 AM
:) :) :) :( I thank you all tearly and dearly. I can't go bed until I tell you how so much encouraging this thread is.. overwhelming. I'll have to read throughoutly the last few posts/reminders again tomorrow. especially the pictures!

I would write more but I just got in the bed, fixed my knee on a pillow and need to try to go to sleep now - crummy tummy and a little headachy. I didn't had a good day yesterday or today because I didn't sleep great last night - I collasped once again by the sidewalk dragging myself over to a neighbor for help. I am okay - this wasn't something I wanted to update about, so I hope to come back with a better news. sooner and to thank you all again.

(((taking all in, hugs))),
..gina (who's :)ing a little now) and sleepyhead crayola

G535
08-24-2007, 01:44 AM
Keep smiling, you'll get through this ok!

Good night! :)

sandragonfly
08-24-2007, 01:29 PM
I had to come back and read all posts again, THANKYOU. love loved all the pictures too. :)

I guess I was not the girl everyone talks about here because this is my first disaster that I had NO control over my body - pretty much immobilized - with my constant injured knee and as much as I promised myself to heal the best, I don't and didn't fight back.. or else I would have had done a lot more tendon damages. no one speaks my language, nor lives at least by my culture here - totally stressed and exhausted to see which path I should turn onto. the room now I see and writing my book..

can I vent just a little here? I was suppose to be staying at my (arrested and now deceased) friend's, but then ended up winding with my (suicidal and missing) friend and lost ark. the following week, half of my money was stolen which we're still working on - I barely could live off on food or gas and got in the worst accident. most important part of this road trip - my car, thunder was considered "totalled" for a week, took a month to repair - during that, we stuck out in country far away from camping sites/friends we didn't had chance to visit. for my cats' sake and had an unexpected surgery.. here, you know the rest after. and last recently what had stomped me in the deepest hole that two of my closest friends who finally "dumped" on me because things and I as a friend were too stressful for them.

I never really believe this quote, you're never alone. I am all I really have. for going through so much, too much for them, living like I have eight lives, handling different worlds.. but some of you are right, I shouldn't be digging anymore.. hopes aren't down there, the miraculous "treasures" should be out there and some blessings to carry on while I move ahead.. things happen.

as of today, I only can walk, bearing 30% of weight. with pressure (near to serve) pain, they wouldn't give me stronger killers - because of high pain tolerance. sigh, hematoma takes forever. my school starts on the third of september and if I don't get back in time, I'll lose my dream job. for good. very stressful.

this summer adventure just didn't went the way we expected it to be and I miss my ark dearly. I didn't want to believe that it almost has been a month I haven't thought, heard or saw a name of my cats.. when I think of them, I get anxious, worried and heartbroken easily. I can't, and thinking of myself before them for first time ever was the biggest change for me too.

this is why I am especially dragged and lost today. always on-going and on-going ... as I have always thank you everyone for dear words and everything you could spare and share. sometimes there is a time where you need reminders of love and take the bad with the good even when it's so painful. I'll need to keep remembering that .. okay, I should stop for now.

((((thank you all again)))) and hugs! I hope you won't stop talking too, not until I get out of here. it's so lonely here - I wish the coverage is good around here so I'd be able to respond and talk through all my PMs too. soon I hope, I'm still working on getting out of here. and am taking my killers every couple hours. :) I don't know why I listened to them.

kittycats_delight
08-24-2007, 01:49 PM
Gina please remember

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u207/Jackie_1947/You20are20loved.gif

Daisy and Delilah
08-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Thanks for checking in, Gina. I can tell you're getting a little better. keep up the good work. Stay positive. One day, all things are going to be good for you. You can do this!!! Stay strong!!!
{{{{{{{GINA}}}}}}} :) :) :)

Catty1
08-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Gina - what about your sister? You looked after her daughter for a while.

If she is close to where your Ark is, maybe you could recuperate there - or she might have an idea?

{{{hugs}}}

Husky_mom
08-24-2007, 02:46 PM
glad to hear you are a bit cheered up........ hope everything gets better......

have you tried contacting the school so they know why you might not be there on time?? I think they should understand......

but anyway, the priority here is YOU!!...... take care and be patient....you are NOT alone...... even if we canŽt be actually there with you we are there in spirit......((HUGS))

Kalei
08-24-2007, 03:56 PM
Gina its great to hear from you again! And you sound like you are just slightly better which is good, and I hope that you are. While you've been gone something great happened, I got a horse (which has been my dream since I was a kid) and I thought it might cheer you up to see some pics of my new addition, he is a beautiful paint :)

http://i12.tinypic.com/4xo6cqx.jpg

http://i13.tinypic.com/6f8iiwx.jpg

http://i17.tinypic.com/6f9q63q.jpg

And I don't know if you seen this one or not, this is Bobo and Kalypso in our dryer:p
http://i19.tinypic.com/6b3w8oz.jpg

Gina I hope you enjoyed the pictures and please please keep getting better, I know prayers work, and alot of us are praying for you everyday.

pitc9
08-24-2007, 04:14 PM
{{{HUGS}}}
Glad to hear you're on your way to feeling better!!

Catty1
08-24-2007, 06:00 PM
{{{{hugs}}}} Gina!

phesina
08-24-2007, 07:40 PM
{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} and PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS to you, Gina. I wish you could come back here and stay in my little apartment with my four cats! We are all sending you our best wishes and healing, strengthening energies.

Love,
Pat and cats

Catty1
08-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Gina - maybe you have already done this. But contacting your school, and telling them that the surgery had complications - that would give them a heads up!

Surely they can help out somewhat...after all, professional dancers have a lot of injuries, and still stay with their companies...and you went through this so you could dance more and better!

I'm just saying tell them now and not the last minute. If they have a website, you might be able to find medical grounds for temporary leave...surely they wouldn't be that harsh and just dump you.

Your career will just happen a little later...

Would the doctor or surgeon there give you a letter that you can send as well?

I know this is a huge stress on you...and I think once you confront it you will feel a lot better!

sandragonfly
08-25-2007, 12:30 PM
thank you all. :) :) it's not easy to remember I'm remembered when nearly all people surrounding me don't treat me right or left me. I know I can be a very strong, emotional person sometimes, especially with everything going on and two (deaf/hearing) worlds struggling to balance on my both shoulders, but only if they understood. :( then I'm just alone again. and I just found out that all of my relatives are still in bay area - they all know I am here.. when did they saw me? write me? said hi? I just don't understand. not even what "family" means either. oh well, my problem I guess. my sister and I aren't that close, she's too busy to let me be part of her life anyway.

yeah.. I have contacted my school but I haven't heard from the best person - my school counselor who would chip up everything for me - I emailed his supervisor about it, I hope nothing happened to him during the summer. I got responses from three teachers out of six, all suggested me the same; skip the quarter. :( not a great advice for me.. if they knew me, they may help me a little better. I am always, always late at every quarter but always make it little after the end. guarantee.

my job, my bosses said if I can't make to three retreats (all first weekends in september) or to our first two executive board meetings they'll have to find a replacement. :eek: :( I was elected as the director of communications for all 2,400 deaf students at my school through 2007 to end of 2008. I am responsible for arranging all events along with other deaf universites and preparing a trip to thailand to educate and empower deaf kids there. they need me there to start at the beginning ..

so sitting here looking at my black purplish knee, I don't know..

kalei, I've been seeing your siggy and wondering if it'd be your baby soon.. big congratulations on your new horse!! you definitely deserved this dream coming true. is his name midnight masqua? have a blast with him. :)

dukedogsmom
08-25-2007, 02:03 PM
I put these in the wrong thread a few days ago :(

Bumping up for more pics.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/081907_2.jpg
My Dasher just loves that racoon. I call it a critter. He was shaking it all around this morning and I'm saying in this high pitched voice "Get that critter!"

And he loves to roll in the grass. He snorts and grunts and carries on. Then gets up and has a good shake.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/082007_6.jpg

This is one of my favorites. It's so darned silly. He's looking at me after hitting the ball back with his nose. I laughed and laughed. I'm going swimming tomorrow and will have to play with him some more.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/082007_1.jpg
And here's a little video of him doing it. I'll have to film that from my perspective in the pool tomorrow. Being very careful, of course, not to ruin the new camera.
http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=4k9gaph

I hope your luck changes soon. Sounds like you're having a really hard time. Just hang in there and don't give up.

Kalei
08-25-2007, 02:43 PM
Thanks Gina:D I am pretty sure his name is going to be Midnight Masquerade, I still haven't found out what his registered name is, and if I really like it, then I may just keep it to that. I just can't wait til October when I get him:D

And its so great to hear from you again. I am glad that you are well enough to keep coming on pt and updating us:) Meanwhile to hopefully put a smile on your face, look at my new little guy, he is the cutest thing! I hope you find him cute too:) And keep feeling better Gina.

http://i13.tinypic.com/5xsgykj.jpg

And Yawning:

http://i17.tinypic.com/4l65irs.jpg

jennielynn1970
08-25-2007, 03:36 PM
yeah.. I have contacted my school but I haven't heard from the best person - my school counselor who would chip up everything for me - I emailed his supervisor about it, I hope nothing happened to him during the summer. I got responses from three teachers out of six, all suggested me the same; skip the quarter. :( not a great advice for me.. if they knew me, they may help me a little better. I am always, always late at every quarter but always make it little after the end. guarantee.. :)

Just thinking, but most colleges have an "Independent Study" type of course in each of their areas. Is there a way that you would be able to do something like that in each of the courses you were supposed to take so that you can do it where you are at.... OR... Distance Learning?? Can you do something with your courses where you can contribute from where you are, do all the work, reading, etc... and email or send your assignments to them? If you get a medical release telling them that it is best you aren't moving around, hopefully they'd be able to work something out for you.

Not sure it would be an option, but it's a thought. :)

Hope things are going better, and that the knee is feeling better.

rg_girlca
08-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Gina, I hope this puts a smile on your face.
Remember are sweet widdle PeaPod.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid218/p62bb32be86d491ae317fdd8cd0f2e96c/ec31b3d2.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid218/p50749de863f89fb30246b2559de4469a/ec31b35d.jpg

One day at a time Gina, one day at a time.

Prayers, postitive thoughts and {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} still on the way.

sandragonfly
08-26-2007, 01:49 PM
no dear, you didn't put them in wrong thread, karen the mayor have alerted me about the other thread [photos for gina] but that thread, pages full of pictures, impossible to upload with sooo limited coverage here. but this thread has a few, and the more pictures are posted here, the slower my pager can upload. but the good news is that I am at the library! so I see the pictures bigger and better now, and going to check the other thread in a bit! :D I loved the video, it made me SMILE seeing dasher wagging so hard. I am so proud he has you and you have him - you both couldn't get anymore happier. :) :)

jenn, that cannot be an option .. :( I really want my job, I tried last year but there was someone else who took over because I was a newbie. I still have a week and half .. and am getting better so we'll see.

kalei, your fishie is soo cute! :D seriously, I miss fishses .. I smiled at it just when he looks at me. :) I had seven goldfishs for seven years.. I can't wait to own some again once I have a new tank.

rgirlca, now that picture stucks in my mind. SO cute. it never is enough to see it once - glad you posted it again. I know he's a huge boy now. yes, one thing at a time .. thank you and (((hugs))) back.

sirrahbed
08-26-2007, 02:34 PM
Each day sounds a little bit better :D I am holding out hope that you will be able to get home and claim that dream job. YAY for the computer at the library :) Take care gina.

(((((( H U G S )))))

Donnaj4962
08-26-2007, 02:53 PM
Oh Gina, I am so glad to read that you are up and about... but PLEASE, don't overdo it! I know you want to be better, but remember that patience is a virtue! ;) Healing takes time, especially after all that you have been through.

Keep healing.... and I am continuing my prayers for your recovery!

Catty1
08-26-2007, 08:36 PM
Gina - you are sounding SOOO much better! You'll be back with your Ark before you know it! :)

And you walked to the library today? With the walker or crutches? I know it took forever, but it's good you went slowly. Are you still going to need therapy on the knee?

Good to hear from you!

Maybe in a couple of days you could visit your Ark? Depending if you are feeling well enough. Could you get a lift there?

HUGS!

sandragonfly
08-27-2007, 07:53 PM
hi all ... sorry for bumping this up. this will be the last one, it's hard to keep up with you guys.

catty, your question - I walked to library with my pink walker. I wasn't suppose to, I only bear very little weight on toes. and now I think I overdid because the killers aren't really helping me right now. the circulation must have done the big part in this? ...sigh, how was I suppose to know, I was very careful.

and no, no lift at all. they don't care.

first physical therapy this afternoon was tearful and painful. :( the guy had a high expectation of me - which is a compliment for me but I still have a long way to go. bending knee was the worst, he almost had me throwing up thrice - nerve pinching pain. we don't communicate but we gesture.

my knee is only duwn to biggest grapefruit-size...has been a month now. before he came later, my temperature was near to 102 again and the food (toasts or avocados) didn't stay down.. ugh.

I'm tired of being sick and sick of being tired, and it does not help where I am recuperating. I don't know when I'll be back, but please remember how much I am grateful for you people and friends that had me going though at the most of this recovery - thank you everyone again for support and thoughts, means more thank you know. hugs.

Catty1
08-27-2007, 11:53 PM
{{{{hugs}}}}

At least you have started your physio...hopefully it will hurt less and less, and the circulation will maybe help the healing?

Update when you can...if I understand you ok, you have to focus on surviving and getting well right now.

Prayers and hugs - just know that many people are on your side and wishing you the best.

Cinder & Smoke
08-29-2007, 08:50 PM
I don't know when I'll be back ...

Anyone know what the above statement meant?

Has anyone heard from Gina in the last two days?

Karen
08-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Gina asked me to update you all. She has left that house, and is on her way back to New York. She is driving with her left leg, mostly so is getting used to that.

Please keep her in your prayers for a safe journey, she'll probably not be able to update us again until she's somewhere stopped with a good connection.

Catty1
08-29-2007, 09:42 PM
Thanks, Karen - do you know if the Ark is with her? (Silly question, but stuff can happen)

Cinder & Smoke
08-29-2007, 10:11 PM
Gina has left that house, and is on her way back to New York.

She is driving with her left leg mostly, so is getting used to that.

Now why doesn't that news surprise me?

Is she carrying any of her medical / surgical records with her?

Did she have a conversation with the Knee Surgeon before deciding to make this trip?

Good Luck!

Catty1
08-29-2007, 11:07 PM
From what I gather....her decision is preferable to where she was staying.

I do hope she has a safe trip, and that her Ark is with her.

I am sure if she had all this to do again, that she might have someone look after her Ark when she was away.

I'm sending prayers...

Karen
08-29-2007, 11:57 PM
I do not know the answers to any of those questions, and it was not a happy exit, I just ask that you all keep her in your prayers during this difficult time.

lbaker
08-30-2007, 06:56 AM
Did she get the printed out statement to carry with her about needing a translator/go-between in the enevitable event something happens on her way back East?? Who knows...

Cinder & Smoke
09-01-2007, 01:38 PM

I have heard from Gina,
she is in a very low spot emotionally and physically,
and could use your urgent prayers and support.

Please PM her, if you would, as she just needs to know people care.

She also said she will answers questions, if you have any, by PM.

Cinder & Smoke
09-01-2007, 01:45 PM
I have heard from Gina ...

Where IS she?
Still headed East with Crayola and the KittyArk?

Are they "stopping" with PTers, at motels, or car-camping?

(One post saves dozens of PMs!) ;)

Catty1
09-01-2007, 02:53 PM
(One post saves dozens of PMs!)

Absolutely right. However, many PMs of support give a lot of support. :) So I'll save the questions for another time ETA and PM support instead.

Glad she is alive! Thanks, Karen.

Karen
09-01-2007, 03:01 PM
She'd rather answer the questions privately, so please do PM, okay?

Cinder & Smoke
09-01-2007, 03:41 PM
She'd rather answer the questions privately ...

I was thinking YOU probably discussed that with her and knew the answers.

I didn't know we were dealing with State Secrets.

I'll wait for the general announcement.

jennielynn1970
09-01-2007, 09:05 PM
She's driving?! :eek: I'm just shaking my head here... I mean, the situation may have been bad, but if her knee and her health were in such a poor state, this really can't be a good thing for her to have done.

Hope she takes enough stops along the way and that she makes it back to NY safely.

Daisy and Delilah
09-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Gina, Just checking in with you. How is everything going? How is the knee? Just wanted to let you know that I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and looking forward to getting a positive update. Remember, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It's a hard road but you can make it.
{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

rg_girlca
09-02-2007, 12:09 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for you Gina, that you have a safe trip back to New York.

carole
09-02-2007, 07:22 PM
Gina i am extremely concerned about you right now, please if you can stop by and tell us who care that you are alright, but i am really worried about your emotional well being right now, you have endured more than anyone i know and i feel only love and compassion for you, please take care and remember there really are people who care an awful lot about you, even if it is on the other side of the world, i judge you not,and hope you pain and suffering ease,and you will be on the road to a speedy recovery, please pm me anytime ,you know i am here for you. HUGS.

Gina just wanted to say how much i admire your courage,and please hang on in there,your lovely ark of critters rely on you and need you so much, I wish i could be there to help you through this, i just hope these words can bring you some comfort and let you know just how important you are. :)

Catty1
09-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Umm...Gina wanted to get PMs, as Karen told us. I have sent a PM or two, and got an answer. I replied, and got another answer.

I think with her being in the car, PM is a lot easier for her.

crow_noir
09-03-2007, 02:55 AM
Hey, got your PM *hugs*

Once again I was away from the house almost all day. Nothing like catching cat naps on the road... at last its sleep though.

I do hope you'll be OK. I wish you were up for getting PMs back.

Queen of Poop
09-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Sorry have been away from the computer this long weekend. Sasha's health has been challenging me again. Whatever you need, let me know.

sandragonfly
09-04-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm "home", I would have changed the title that I am happily home but it didn't went well.

someone drove me back here unexpectedly and left, and found an eviction warning on my door. then I fell again. down the metal stairs. I have no one to drive me to hospital or wherever I need. I called the landlord, all she told me I'll have to fight for this home over the half my co-tenant didn't pay for. legally. plus, there's still no electricity here, I can't get one until we must move out.

ugh, totally unthinkingable right now - let this thread rest.. :( thank you to those for staying with me behind this, had me through.

Cinder & Smoke
09-04-2007, 11:04 PM
I'm home

someone drove me back here unexpectedly and left,

and found an eviction warning on my door.

then I fell again. down the metal stairs.

I have no one to drive me to hospital or wherever I need.

"Home" in New York - near School?

Drove you home in YOUR car? With Crayola and the Kitty Ark?

Are you HURT from the fall?

Where's YOUR car? ... Is it running OK?
Are you unable to drive because of your Knee?

HOW LONG do you have before you get locked out of the apartment?

What do you NEED ?????