PDA

View Full Version : new Petfinder website

lute
07-17-2007, 06:44 PM
I didn't see if there was another topic like this, but what does everyone think of the new Petfinder site? I'm not sure if I like it. It's getting tougher to navigate and taking a long time to load everything.

crow_noir
07-17-2007, 11:29 PM
I was worried about that when i got the notice about it two weeks ago. So far though everything has been running smooth and I'm on dial up.

The only hiccup i noticed is that last night for a few hours the shelter links weren't directing. www is now west on the shelter links.

I don't like the new layout of the pet pages. Too wide and the contact info is hard to find. Too messy looking also.

I also wish that the classifieds still had an option for viewing ALL the ads or pages like how it is set up now. (Before i wished for pages. Now that i have Ctrl + F I want back the full listing again!)

I didn't see if there was another topic like this, but what does everyone think of the new Petfinder site? I'm not sure if I like it. It's getting tougher to navigate and taking a long time to load everything.

luvofallhorses
07-18-2007, 12:24 AM
I'm not a big fan of the new look. I don't think it's a new website all together. ;) It's just a "new" look.

Hellow
07-18-2007, 12:35 AM
I dont like the new look. Its harder to navigate around and find info. They also pack too much "stuff" on the home page.

Tollers-n-Dobes
07-18-2007, 01:32 AM
I much prefer it. It used to take forever to load anything for me before, and now it takes about 2 seconds.

CathyBogart
07-18-2007, 01:32 AM
It's taking some getting used to, but I do like it. I don't find it harder to navigate, and to me it seems brighter and cheerier.

BC_MoM
07-18-2007, 01:55 AM
Not a fan. It's confusing to use, and it seems very cluttered.

chocolatepuppy
07-18-2007, 05:15 AM
I'm not crazy about it. Maybe it will 'grow' on me. ;)

crow_noir
07-18-2007, 09:28 PM
I want to remind everyone PLEASE write to them and let them know what you think. Good , bad, suggestions, etc.

Don't just write in "You new sites SUCKS!!!" or "OMG!!! The new site is like the coolest thing EVER!!!! " Tell them WHY you feel the way you do.

If the site is sunning faster or slower let them know. Tell them what type of internet connection you are on, you operating system, and internet browser ( not mine, but an example: 28MB/second Charter/ Windoz 5006 / Netscape 2)

They really appreciate any and all constructive feedback right now. (I even got a REAL reply in less than 24 hours... I think that's a record. Then again, I was reporting a very specific bug... which happened to be fixed even before I got the reply.)