PDA

View Full Version : My new glasses

catnapper
07-17-2007, 04:44 PM
Ok, I got my new glasses and they are a LOT redder and funkier than I remember. Then again, I was practically blind while picking them out LOL.

I have gotten no feedback from friends other than "oh, you got your new glasses. They look.... nice." I'm not sure if they really look nice... am I walking around like a bigger goober than I already am. I have 30 days to decide if I love them. I do like them, but are they ME?

Here's two shots I took of myself (boy is that harder than it looks!) both were taken at the same time but the lighting is a bit different, somehow I felt it might help :p
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/glasses-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/glasses-2.jpg

Please.... help me out. Are they sharp? Are they too cool for a frumpy gal? Too bright? Or just right?

RedHedd
07-17-2007, 04:48 PM
I like them on you!

CathyBogart
07-17-2007, 04:52 PM
I like them, but they look best when you're smiling. :)

catnapper
07-17-2007, 05:06 PM
I like them, but they look best when you're smiling. :)
:D Should I put Vaseline on my teeth so I can smile all day long like the beauty pagent girls do? :D

The ones who said they are wrong for me.... could you please point out why? Shape, color, size? If I replace them I need to know what not to look for again.

Hellow
07-17-2007, 05:12 PM
I only voted that they are wrong because i think that they yould look better yellow. Other than that i think that they look great.:)

kimlovescats
07-17-2007, 05:32 PM
Kim, I honestly think they look good! Only thing that might bother me (if they were mine) is that the color might clash with some things I wanted to wear. But, if you still have another to change out with, then no problem! BTW, your hair looks great! Very cute and professional!

Kim

shais_mom
07-17-2007, 05:58 PM
well they are certainly more flattering in the picture where you are smiling! :eek:
I like them! :)

Flatcoatluver
07-17-2007, 06:01 PM
:D I really like them on you! Smile more!

Pam
07-17-2007, 06:02 PM
Kim you are on the cutting edge! :) At least that is what I think based upon the style that people are buying at the office where I work. I have watched the styles change over the years and it really is something. Actually the darker plastic frames remind me of the 60's and 70's and now they are back. My son's new glasses actually are very similar to yours. I say just relax and be in style. :) I like the shape and they look fine. Oh, and I like the serious photo because it is closer up. :)

jazzcat
07-17-2007, 06:04 PM
I think they are cute. My sister in law has a very similar pair in black and they are too dark on her face even with her dark hair. I think your red ones are better, not so dark.

ramanth
07-17-2007, 07:39 PM
I like them!

jenluckenbach
07-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Oh boy, here I go.......... :rolleyes: I don't like them. To be honest (and this usually gets me in a lot of trouble) I don't like the shape. And while you could live with the color, not for very long.
I'm sorry. :(

(my mom always said I was like Mikey -eating Life cereal- I don't like ANYTHING! LOL)

catnapper
07-17-2007, 07:58 PM
Kim, I honestly think they look good! Only thing that might bother me (if they were mine) is that the color might clash with some things I wanted to wear. But, if you still have another to change out with, then no problem! BTW, your hair looks great! Very cute and professional!

Kim
Not to worry, I found a 2-pair sale. I planned on one plastic pair and one metal pair. The metal ones had an issue with the lens being shaped wrong - it kept popping out of the frame so they're back to be reshaped. I liked them, wireless on the bottom and dark navy blue metal tops. The blue almost looks black. I figured the plastic pair would be back-up or days I wanted to have some color. I had a LOT of red clothing, but funny, I haven't worn red since I bought these, too much red! So I've been wearing all my black, tan, and white stuff. Let me tell you, green looks AWFUL with these, and blue looks patriotic. LOL

Thanks for all the input. Don't worry Jen, you didn't insult me. I asked for opinions. :)

caseysmom
07-17-2007, 08:31 PM
I like them a lot. I think that you can wear that color with anything and I like the shape

mike001
07-17-2007, 08:41 PM
I thought they looked nice on you. Find them complimentary on you. If you feel good and see good, what else matters?

Marigold2
07-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Very stylish.

Alysser
07-17-2007, 09:20 PM
I like them on you. Especially in the one wear you're smiling. :)

kt_luvs_kitties
07-17-2007, 09:43 PM
I really like them on you, but I do think they would look better in a different color. I like black ones, or maybe silver frames. I do like the cut though! BUT if it was me, I would pick a black or brownish color!

CagneyDog
07-17-2007, 11:09 PM
I love them!

Karen
07-17-2007, 11:51 PM
I like the color on you, and as a designer, you can get away with wearing a "funky" color, whereas a normal clerk might not! That's the fun of working in the creative professions! And I think with your coloring, you can pull of even wearing a red top with those glasses, they draw the focus to your eyes, which is a nice thing right?

I am happy with my wireframes, but I think a lot of that is because, for years - about 20 years - I couldn't get small wireframed glasses, because my lenses needed to be too thick for them. But now with the triple-compressed plastic lenses, I can have cute little glasses. Before, I'd choose them, and the salespeople would always shake their heads sadly and say "Not with your prescription, dear." I have had plastic lenses since 10th grade, when the doctor told my parents there were good plastic lenses available, and that he'd worry less about the weight of my glasses denting my nose if we made the switch.

K9karen
07-17-2007, 11:57 PM
I LOVE them! This is 2007..jesh..everything goes! The red is great with your hair color! My mom had a red, roundish, oversized pair years ago, and she looked so fine! :) :) :) back at ya!!!

krazyaboutkatz
07-18-2007, 12:03 AM
I think that they look very good on you.:) When your second pair is fixed you'll have to show us how these look on you too. I'd love to compare them.;)

Miss Z
07-18-2007, 05:23 AM
I think the frame shape really suits you, but as a few others have said, I'm not overly keen on the colour. Maybe a deep, mahogany brown would match your complexion and hair a little more. But I know some people prefer vibrant colours. :)

catnapper
07-18-2007, 07:15 AM
Thanks again everyone.:)

I actually wanted a pair of brown ones. I tried EVERY brown pair in the store. Even the ones above and beyond my price range. They absolutely killed my complexion. Too much yellow I guess. :confused: (and whoever said yellow... only if you want me to look like a dead fish! ;) )

Black plastic frames were WAAAYYYY too strong. I looked like a white ghost. The darker blue ones looked nice, but since I found a pair in metal that were navy I chose the red plastic. I was also looking for purple plastic but they didn't have the right shade. All were too pastel and they looked wrong.... besides that I kept seeing my mom in the mirror! LOL

Karen, you are right, since I am a designer I can get away with something funky. I think even the older people expect a designer to be a bit more funky.

The thing I am loving about these glasses is that I need less eye makeup - only eyeliner now :p but I do need to remember lipstick and some blush to help balance out the frames. I didn't have blush on in the photo, just some blue eyeshadow as liner and reddish lip gloss.

sirrahbed
07-18-2007, 09:04 AM
Honestly, I think they are perfect. I started reading the post expecting red, then I see the color and really like it. The shape is good for you - not too trendy at all. Oh and I LOVE the red lipgloss :D