PDA

View Full Version : It's all PT's Fault! :)

Freedom
07-16-2007, 09:47 PM
So here I am with my 10 pets. Yup, I have 8 cats and 2 dogs. Nuts. But normal in the PT world! :rolleyes:

So I get involved with feral cat rescue and I have 3 foster kittens. (If you missed that, see here:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=130517)

OK. Things are a bit crazy, but that's alright. I can't trap the adults in the cat colony until at least Friday, as the rescue has no vet slots available. So I figure I will get a handle on things.

Then this evening, the caretaker of the colony lets me know there is ONE MORE kitten, I didn't get them all. DUH, she DID say FOUR. Ireminder to self: re-read post 1 in the above thread.) Will trap that on Tuesday.

Later this evening, my neighbor, Justin, inluvwith animals, sees a craigslist posting of 2 bichons being PTS. So I contact bichon rescue, the one where I adopted Sugar. Which I then signed on as a volunteer and foster for future. And after a flurry of emails back and forth, I hear: there are 2 bichons being PTS, and can I go get them and "foster them until further notice." Uh, yeah, sure, OK.

What, am I NUTS? Stay tuned, this pet family is growing by leaps and bounds this week! At this rate, buy the end of the week I could have my 10, plus 4 foster kittens and 2 foster dogs. 16 pets in the house! Oops! Good thing Dad has already gone to bed! :D

I NEVER did this kind of stuff before I joined PT!

crow_noir
07-16-2007, 11:08 PM
Just remember to not get in over your head. If you do, then you're helping no one. It's good to have others around to check in on you and your ark. :-) We all want to save them all, but we can only do our own personal best.

Good for you though saving so many!!! :-)

jenluckenbach
07-17-2007, 06:30 AM
YUP, Pet Talk will do it to you EVERY time!!! :p ;) :D

Pam
07-17-2007, 06:56 AM
Another bad place is Petfinder. It is all I can do to look and not respond. For us pet lovers clicking on some sites can be as dangerous as an alcoholic walking into a bar! :p