PDA

View Full Version : Pouncer Roccalnos Escaped.

catmandu
07-16-2007, 04:12 PM
She Dug A Small Hole Where The Concrete Does Not Quite Reach The Top Of The Cellar Wall And Theres Only Dirt There.
I Was Looking Under The Back Porch And Theres A Cat Sized Hole.
That Was Pouncer Roccalno I Have Seen Not Another Stray.
Some Patching To Do Unless I Want To Have A Way For Her To Find Sanctuary.
I Dont Need A Cellar Open To The Outside World Even A Two Foot Square One.
Born Free Keeps Running Through My Mind.
I Am So Very Sad, Thats A Bad Place For Stray Cats.
It Never Occured To Me How Determined She Truly Was To Get Out.
Please Pray For Pouncer Roccalno.

jennielynn1970
07-16-2007, 04:15 PM
Oh my goodness!!! Some cats just resist being confined. I hope she'll come back to you Gary... you have only the best of intentions for her, she just needs to calm down and realize that you don't mean her any harm or anything.

orangemm
07-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Lordy, that girl is determined. I can't imagine any of your crew wanting to go back outside again.

Come back, sweet girl; Pawpie Gary is your salvation! :(

rg_girlca
07-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Oh Roccalnos, what did you do sweetie. It's too bad that you were too frightened to understand what a very special place you were in. The only consolation here Gary, is that at least she won't get pregnant. I pray that she comes around again.

Pawla
07-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Do you know how long she's been gone? Surely she'll come back for food!

cassiesmom
07-16-2007, 04:49 PM
Uh-oh! Come back, little girl!

Catty1
07-16-2007, 05:12 PM
It was the Tubster that was her friend? Maybe if he is out in the enclosure enough, she will see him.

I am sure she is not far away, Gary!

If and when she comes back in - have the basement door closed. That way, she will hide upstairs...and get more used to the comings and goings of everyone.

Send out your Pet Angel Squad...and PT Prayers coming to Roccalno!

BC_MoM
07-16-2007, 05:12 PM
What a scally wag! I hope she comes home soon.

catmandu
07-16-2007, 05:13 PM
I will keep the Cellar Door closed so she can feel free to come and get the dry food water and shelter that will always be there for her.
I am praying that she knows that theres always refuge for her and a place where she can come where theres warmth.
I guess she just had to be free,
the only good thing is that no else slipped out with her.
I counted noses and all are present and accounted for.
I hope the Porch Angels keep thier eye on her.

Freedom
07-16-2007, 05:19 PM
Gee whiz, she sure has kept you on your toes! She knows where to come for food and shelter, and those are always important to animals -- wild or tame. Keep safe little lady!

aki
07-16-2007, 05:30 PM
come home pouncer!
your pawpie's awfully worried :(

and we're praying for your safe return

~Aki

Medusa
07-16-2007, 05:38 PM
Prayers going out that Pouncer will come right back. Boy, some cats don't realize how good they have it. She will once she's out there a while, though.

kb2yjx
07-16-2007, 05:48 PM
I nearly fell off the chair when I read the title of this thread!!!! Never underestiminate the determination of a cat!!!! Like a previous poster said, at least she cannot have kittens!!! But, PLEASE COME HOME!!!! Prayers from ALL the Clan for the safe return of Pouncer Roccalnos!!!!!!

cassiesmom
07-16-2007, 05:56 PM
Come home, sweet kitty!

catmandu
07-16-2007, 06:01 PM
I would settle for her being a TNR if I knew that shw was safe and getting enough to eat and is safe. I hope that the Porch Angels are keeping an eye on her and The Pet Angel Search and Rescue Squad shows her the way to go home.

barncat
07-16-2007, 06:13 PM
She knows that you gave her food and safety... Back when I was a kid (I'm almost 50 now). My mom shut my cat Sooty in the basement with a wonderful nestbox with her litter of kittens, food and a litterbox to keep her safe. She ripped a hole in the cellar window so she could come and go as she pleased... She always came back and lived to be a very old lady cat.

More recently a semi-feral (she came to the porch sick and wild to everyone but me) refused to be inside for longer than a fast meal and a snuggle. (She too put holes in screens and would NOT sleep inside.) she lived this way for many years until a fight with a raccoon. She ran one way the 'coon the other and after 3 days in which I believed she was dead of wounds, she came home, came in and never wanted to go out of the door again!

Your girl knows she has the choice of a home and I'm sure she will come back to you. It is hard for some of them to trust that they will be allowed to be themselves.

Sending you good thoughts and wishes.

kimlovescats
07-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Oh no! I'm so sorry, Gary! Hopefully she will come back for food on your porch like she did in the beginning!!!

Kim

phesina
07-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Oh Gary, I am so sorry. We are all saying our prayers and chanting our incantations and weaving our spells to bring her back home safe and sound.

She knew for a long time that there was good food and shelter to be had, before she even came inside.. with luck she'll come around again for the chuck wagon, and she'll allow herself to be lured back at her own rate.

Sending along our very best wishes and energies,
Pat, Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, and Priscilla Angel of course, who is on the case with the rest of the Angels

catmandu
07-17-2007, 09:48 AM
She was eating at the side of the house enjoying canned food treats and steak bits. She looks healthy and was so calm now that shes outside.
I didnt push things and I am going to see if she eventually comes to me.
At least I know where shes at.

Medusa
07-17-2007, 09:50 AM
Ok, making progress! You may have to resign yourself to the fact that she just insists on being an outdoor kitty.

cassiesmom
07-17-2007, 11:03 AM
Oh, Roccano, you stinker! You gave us all a scare. You can come back inside now, kitty girl.

AbbyMom
07-17-2007, 12:48 PM
Gary, she may just need more "warming up" time. As long as she knows you provide reliable food, she should be OK.

By the time it starts getting cold, indoors might start looking a whole lot better.

:)

catmandu
07-17-2007, 03:16 PM
At least I know where she is and she has food beds under the porch and Tubster, Rufus and Blackstone the Porch Cats to keep her company. Someone was into the Dry Food in the cellar, I wonder who.