PDA

View Full Version : MI mall seeks cutest canine to star in ads

ramanth
07-15-2007, 09:01 PM
Shame we'll be in Canada that weekend. Any other nearby PT'ers interested in competing? :)

http://www.wxyz.com/mostpopular/story.aspx?content_id=3b36dabc-5554-4674-9ddd-12e68c20a2f2

SHOWTIME: Does Your Dog Have Star Power?
A new mall in Macomb County is seeking the cutest dog in town to star in an advertising campaign.

CLINTON TOWNSHIP, Mich., July 11, 2007 — One lucky dog will soon appear in an advertising campaign for Macomb County’s new canine-friendly shopping center, The Mall at Partridge Creek.

All well-behaved dogs able to follow directions and current on all veterinary shots can compete during the July 21 casting call at 9 a.m. in the West Parking Lot at Chippewa Valley High School on 19 Mile Road between Romeo Plank and Garfield roads in Clinton Township. Dogs will be judged on their ability to follow directions, personality and overall appearance. The winner will be featured in the new mall’s advertising campaign.

Casting Call Rules

Dogs and their owners can register on-site at the West Parking Lot at Chippewa Valley High School on Saturday, July 21 between 9 a.m. and 9:30 a.m., rain or shine. Final judging should conclude by noon. There’s no limit to the number of dogs each owner enters.

Dogs will be sorted by size and assigned to waiting areas where judges will watch one dog at a time parade along an Astroturf runway. The 20 finalists who survive two elimination rounds on the Astroturf will then jump into their owners’ cars and pose gazing out the window. Judges will select the winner and a runner-up based on the final “drive-by” competition.

Partner radio stations WNIC, WKQI, WDTW and WMXD will carry additional information about the event, and Petco will send all entrants home with goodie-filled doggie bags while supplies last.

For further information visit www.shoppartridgecreek.com or call (586) 416-3839.

The open-air shopping center, which debuts October 18 on the south side of M-59 between Garfield and Romeo Plank roads, will welcome well-behaved, leashed dogs accompanying their two-footed companions. Dog friendly amenities will include common-area Dog Comfort Stations" offering drinking troughs and bag dispensers. Merchants who allow dogs inside their stores will indicate they’re dog-friendly with entryway signs.

Developed by Taubman Centers Inc. of Bloomfield Hills, the new shopping center will feature Macomb County’s first Nordstrom (opening April 2008) and Parisian stores; a 14-screen MJR Cinema complex; and up to 90 stores and restaurants, many of them new to Macomb County.

k9krazee
07-15-2007, 10:21 PM
Any other nearby PT'ers interested in competing? :)

Yes Ma'am ;) :p

Cinder & Smoke
07-15-2007, 10:30 PM
Competing?

Yes Ma'am ;) :p

:D
GO GET'em, Jackie!!

Better do some extra work-outs, Jack ...
*Pushin* that Skate Board on :eek: Astro-Turf won't be too easy, Bub!

GOOD LUCK!!
;)

ramanth
07-15-2007, 10:30 PM
Awesome! Hope you and Jackie Loo can make it. :)

This sounded neat too:

07/28/07
Pet-A-Palooza

Have a photo tile of you and your pet installed at the new Mall at Partridge Creek!

What: Visit The Mall at Partridge Creek booth at Pet-A-Palooza. We'll take a photo of you and your dog and make it into two 8" x 8" tiles. One will be installed at The Mall at Partridge Creek and the other mailed to you as a keepsake.

Where: Freedom Hill County Park, Sterling Heights, MI, 10am-7pm

Just $50! Part of the proceeds to benefit The Petco Foundation

AdoreMyDogs
07-15-2007, 11:22 PM
I forwarded that article to my mom :) She still has Cassie the pug and Ritzie the shih tzu :)

ramanth
07-15-2007, 11:29 PM
Great Leslie! :)

cali
07-15-2007, 11:52 PM
hehe I wish..Misty lives i the wrong country I think...EVERYONE thinks she outa be in ads and on TV etc.. I dont think Misty would mind either...she LOVES the camera, and actually goes out of her way to pose lol

BC_MoM
07-16-2007, 02:00 AM
PFFT. A SHAME you'll be in Canada?!

:p :D

Where abouts are you heading?

ramanth
07-16-2007, 11:24 AM
:D I love Canada, honest!! My second parents live there. :cool: :D

We'll be in Toronto for the Harry Potter book release at Casa Loma. :)

k9krazee
07-16-2007, 11:38 AM
Ahh, it doesn't look as if Jack and I will be able to attend...I have to work all morning. *sigh*

Ginger's Mom
07-16-2007, 08:03 PM
Aw Ashley, couldn't you switch days with someone? I think you and Jack should definitely try out. I also really like the fact that they are opening a dog friendly shopping center that sounds great.

k9krazee
07-16-2007, 09:08 PM
I just asked for the last four days off to go do agility with the Jackie Loo, and have to ask for a different shift Wednesday for a volleyball game...so I don't think they'd like it too much if I asked for someone to cover for me on Saturday.

However...I brought it up to my mom and she is very willing to take Jack and give it a try...so we'll see. Keep your fingers crossed!

ramanth
07-16-2007, 10:14 PM
How nice of your mom to offer! I hope she can make it out. :)

Husky_mom
07-17-2007, 12:26 PM
come on Jackie!!.... show them how it´s done!!