PDA

View Full Version : Oscar's BEFORE picture...

Catty1
07-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Fat boy?

Am taking up the kibble between meals, especially at night. I understand his heavier eating, he was wild for the first several years of his life. But this is getting silly....

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/Oscar/P7060020.jpg

Lightening up won't hurt Cole either, though he's not as bad.

krazyaboutkatz
07-15-2007, 08:26 PM
I agree that certain cats just can't free feed without gaining too much weight. Your Oscar looks very similar to Cirrus and Cirrus is also semi-feral and his mom was feral. When I first adopted Cirrus he was overweight. He was so stressed out that he'd eat way too much. I then slimmed him down to a very good weight. Now he's a heavy boy again but at least he's much happier now than he was with me.:) Good luck with the new slimming diet.:)

kimlovescats
07-15-2007, 08:32 PM
Oh Oscar, how rude of mommy to post your fluffy side without you knowing it! What else is a guy got to do but eat during the hot summer months? You tell mommy to just go ahead and take up the food bowl, and you'll just cough up a great big hairball every time for her! :p

rg_girlca
07-15-2007, 08:46 PM
LOL Kim. :D

Oscar, you are still a handsome tabby to me, but I hope you do lose some weight so you can live a long, long life.

Medusa
07-15-2007, 08:46 PM
Goodness, he reminds me of my RB Peeka. She looked like a tuxie bowling ball w/feet. Oscar's getting there. :p

catnapper
07-15-2007, 08:49 PM
Pouncer wants to know how you got a picture of him! :D

Good luck Oscar, or should I wish your meowmie good luck?

Catty1
07-16-2007, 11:01 AM
I didn't remove the dishes - but just left a tsp 1/2 or so in each dish. No complaints.

Daytime they are not too bad. So we'll see. :)

LionHart
07-16-2007, 03:22 PM
I would LOVE to do that, have only certain feeding times, however I have a 14 yr old hefer who pees on just about everything when she's out of water, out of food, AND if the litter is not pristine!

In fact just today I had to do my bedding including the pillows because the food bowl was empty! :mad: I still love her though.

catmandu
07-16-2007, 03:39 PM
We Do Hope Oscar Can Slim Down A Bit. My Vet Placed Moose Relatively Early Passing On His Being Overweight.
Right Now Only Josephs Really Tubby And I Am Trying To Get His Weight Down As Well.

Freedom
07-16-2007, 05:32 PM
Oscar, you are a bit "plump!" Maybe a treadmill?

Good luck on the "no food at night." I went that route about two years ago and I STILL remember the week of no sleep as they all pestered me. When I closed them out of the room, they either wailed woefully, or hammered on the door. I stuck it out and now they don't eat at night. Whew!

moosmom
07-16-2007, 07:30 PM
I wish I could put MooShoo on a diet. His "love handles" lay on his back feet when he sits down.

Catty1
07-16-2007, 07:40 PM
I would have thought Lexie June would have burned some calories out of him already!

lvpets2002
07-17-2007, 12:54 PM
;) Oh Oscar you look just like my Buttons.. Your just so adorable..