PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Photo Mail - what happened???

Catty1
07-15-2007, 06:16 PM
Okay - does anyone know what happened to this feature?

It was only accessible on Yahoo if you used IE. I went there bit ago and it was gone.

I followed all the Help rules, downloading the Quickstart or whatever it is called.

Nothing.

I finally emailed Customer Service - not even an autoreply, which is odd in my experience.

Anyone know? It was so great to send pics to folks with dial-up and old Macs... Like my mom!

Thanks.

Sirrahsim
07-15-2007, 06:21 PM
I know that I just came across an email saying that Yahoo was completely doing away with its photo program. I wish I could dig that up for you but I already emptied my trash folder :(

Catty1
07-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Okaaay....thanks...now I wonder how I can insert photos into the body of an email....rats...

Thanks, I'll do some searching.

From my search - I logged in: "Yahoo! Photos is closing on September 20, 2007. That's in 67 days."

It gives the option to download photos to a variety of photo accounts, including Photobucket.

I am trying to find the link where it announces the demise of Yahoo Photos as well...I gather YP is a separate account.

:rolleyes:

Hellow
07-15-2007, 10:06 PM
You can use the same stuff that you use on here, theroatically.

crow_noir
07-16-2007, 01:13 AM
Dear Yahoo! Photos user,

For some time now, we've supported two great photo sharing services: Yahoo! Photos and Flickr. But even good things come to an end, and we've decided to close Yahoo! Photos to focus all our efforts on Flickr — the award-winning photo sharing community that TIME Magazine has called "completely addictive."

We will officially close Yahoo! Photos on Thursday, September 20, 2007, at 9 p.m. PDT. Until then, we are offering you the opportunity to move to another photo sharing service (Flickr, KODAK Gallery, Shutterfly, Snapfish, or Photobucket), download your original-resolution photos back to your computer, or buy an archive CD from our featured partner (for users of the New Yahoo! Photos only). All you need to do is tell us what to do with your photos before we close, after which any photos remaining on Yahoo! Photos will be deleted and no longer accessible.

Of course, we hope you'll join us at Flickr (you can even use your Yahoo! ID), but we also realize that Flickr may not be for everyone. In the end, we want you to find the service that's right for you, and we hope you take some time to learn more about your options before making this important decision.

Please give us your decision by Thursday, September 20, 2007, at 9 p.m. PDT. After that time, any photos remaining in Yahoo! Photos will be deleted. Click here to make your decision, or review a list of our frequently asked questions.

Thanks for being a part of the Web's largest photo sharing service — we hope to see you over at Flickr!

The Yahoo! Photos team

and this was the link they gave several times in the email. http://closing.photos.yahoo.com/
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/photos/photos3/closing/

crow_noir
07-16-2007, 01:15 AM
So that's why I could never find a link for it.

I wonder how i can access the photos i do have on Yahoo, from FireFox.

Okay - does anyone know what happened to this feature?

It was only accessible on Yahoo if you used IE.

Catty1
07-16-2007, 09:51 AM
CN - I just logged onto my Yahoo mail account, and went to the bottom of Folders. Photos and Attachments were at the bottom.

Click on Photos and they should be in there.

And Reggie - I'll try that, though I don't know if it will work in a message box. I'll let you know.

crow_noir
07-16-2007, 09:26 PM
*blushing* Oh, that was too obvious.

I guess i just got used to only using what i need to on there.

I don't think i have any photos hosted on that part on most of my accounts, but i do have photos in the Groups section. I wonder what's going to happen to Group photos. :confused:

CN - I just logged onto my Yahoo mail account, and went to the bottom of Folders. Photos and Attachments were at the bottom.