PDA

View Full Version : Good news and Bad news...

jennielynn1970
07-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Good news is that Zachariah was ADOPTED!!! He is now the king of his own castle!!! Yay!!!
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/Zachoncouch.jpg

I loved him to death, but he kept beathing the crap out of my girls, and they were having peeing festivals all over the place!!

BAD NEWS.... Meeko is coming back. :(
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/meeko3.jpg

Apparently the woman who adopted her decided that she's not young enough, and now can't love her just the same. I so don't understand this kind of mentality. She's a sweet, gorgeous, loving cat!!!

I said I'd pick her up. I just have to refrain from setting a flaming bag of horse crap on her doorstep as I leave!! :p ;)

Catty1
07-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Not young enough for WHAT? I would ask.

However....better she called you than just dumping her.

What a GORGEOUS girl!

I hope the pee-fests are at an end!

jennielynn1970
07-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Oh this has been going back and forth now for over a month. Apparently her cage tag from where we got her said she was 10yrs old. She's NOT. We had our vet look at her, and he said 3-5 maximum. There was another cat dumped at the kill shelter with her, and they said she was 5yrs, but she's 10-15 (and has a really horrible thyroid condition), and so we think they got them confused.

We even told her, take her to your vet (which you're supposed to within the first 30 days) and have your vet make the call. Did she do that?? NO!!! She just kept going back and forth about how we were "deceptive". :eek: :mad: We were no such thing!! I even told her that there was no guarantee on her age, but that she is young. She was adamant about getting her vet records from the previous family. We told her, the family just dumped her. Any family that really cares about their pet isn't going to take them to a kill shelter and say "Oh, by the way, here are all of our cat's records, and here is their bowl..." because they love them so much. They took them there to ditch them, and in the back of their minds, they know that the odds of them making it out of the shelter alive is SLIM.

I just don't understand people. It's going to take all of my reserve to go there and be calm and nice and civil when picking her up. I don't lose my cool easily, but this is going to take extra ordinary measures. :o

rg_girlca
07-15-2007, 05:48 PM
Jennie, I would go with the flaming bag of horse crap. :mad:

Seriously, this woman sounds like a nutcase. Why can't she just love this beautiful cat no matter what age he is. Geesh people!!!!! :mad:

I'm happy to hear that Zachariah has been adopted and won't be beating the heck out of your girls anymore. I hope he has a long and happy life in his new home. :)

Catty1
07-15-2007, 05:49 PM
Ahh...the lawyer person...I remember...

Can she be accused of breach of contract because she didn't take Meeko to the vet within 30 days?

Nahh...not worth the aggravation. Just blacklist her. :p

jennielynn1970
07-15-2007, 05:51 PM
Ahh...the lawyer person...I remember...

Can she be accused of breach of contract because she didn't take Meeko to the vet within 30 days?

Nahh...not worth the aggravation. Just blacklist her. :p

Yeah... the lawyer person. Sigh. She said our contract was full of holes the first time I met her. That should have been a sign. AND she wants her DONATION refunded!!!! :mad: :eek: What the heck type of person does that?!

critter crazy
07-15-2007, 07:46 PM
Yay Zachariah!! Woohoo!!

Sorry to hear about Meeko. Such a gorgeous kitty too!! Would Meeko like to lIve with a gorgeous Ragdoll maybe??? Mocha is in desperate need of a friend!

Catty1
07-15-2007, 07:53 PM
OH yes....poor little Mocha!!!! They would make a darling pair! :)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/Our%20Cats/100_2083.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/meeko3.jpg

See? :)

krazyaboutkatz
07-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Jenn, that's wonderful news about Zach getting adopted.:D

I remember this weirdo lady:mad:and I think that Meeko is such a gorgeous girl no matter what her real age is. It sure would be wonderful if critter crazy did adopt her so Mocha could have a companion again.:) Meeko and Mocha sound purrfect together don't you think.:D

jenluckenbach
07-15-2007, 08:18 PM
That lady most surely needs her head examined! :rolleyes: (Jennie already DID blacklist the lady. Got the email today! LOL)

I am very happy for Zach! I KNEW someone would not be able to resist him. :)

kimlovescats
07-15-2007, 08:28 PM
Meeko will be better off without that nutso lady!!! :mad: She is a gorgeous girl and will surely find someone who appreciates her!!

Congrats on Zach's adoption and happy relaxation to your girls! ;)

Medusa
07-15-2007, 08:51 PM
This woman was just looking for an excuse to get rid of Meeko, who is better off w/out her. I'm sorry you have to retrieve her but it's for the best, truly. She wouldn't be happy staying w/a woman who doesn't really want her. Good news about Zach, though. :)

catnapper
07-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Glad you got her back., That lady needs her head examined. Someone BETTER will come along for that gorgeous little girl.

jennielynn1970
07-16-2007, 12:10 AM
I'm picking Meeko up on Wednesday because my aunt passed away and her funeral is on Tuesday. I'm so not a funeral or viewing person... I really don't want to go, but it's my mom's sister (one of about 8 of them actually :eek: , my mom comes from a family of 12 kids! :eek: :eek: ). Aunt Betty was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer about 3-4 weeks ago, and it just went soooo fast!

Meeko will be staying at another foster house after I pick her up. She is not happy being one of many as she was in my house. Not that she'll be happy in the other house either, as that foster has more cats than I do (no, not Jen L, lol).

I don't know how Meeko and Mocha would get along actually. I know Meeko is dominant. She likes to be Queen. Mocha looks like such a sweetie pie... I think Meeko would just bully her, and I'd feel bad! I hope that Mocha finds a new playmate... she and Loki were so sweet together.

BC_MoM
07-16-2007, 01:57 AM
YAYYY for Zachariah!!! :D That's great.
But poor Meeko. :( That person doesn't know what they are missing out on.

moosmom
07-16-2007, 07:23 AM
I just don't understand people these days. How could you NOT love those stunning eyes??? Ya know what?? It's her loss.

Catty1
07-16-2007, 09:40 AM
I think Mocha was the second cat in the house, and the 3rd animal...so she wouldn't be too bad as far as pecking order. She'd "know her place" so Meeko might be ok.

However, you mentioned a Kathy getting her...not sure if that is CC or not. (When your memory goes, you can forget it! :p )

jennielynn1970
07-16-2007, 04:25 PM
However, you mentioned a Kathy getting her...not sure if that is CC or not. (When your memory goes, you can forget it! :p )

Kathy is the woman who does all the purebred rescue in our shelter... sorry! I actually don't know CC's "real" name! I did however just post two other kitties that we are getting from another shelter that might be a better match... they are under Cat Rescue. I PM'd her about the thread as well, lol.

catmandu
07-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Thats Great News For Zachariah That The Big Orange Will Be King Of His Castle.
As For That Lawyer Some Rich People Can Be Incredibly Stingy And Mean. We Pray That Meeko Will Find The Furr Ever Home That She Deserves.

Pawla
07-16-2007, 04:51 PM
I just have to refrain from setting a flaming bag of horse crap on her doorstep as I leave!!
What's wrong with this approach? :p This sweet girl looks sooo much like my Ellie did. How could someone not just fall in love with that gorgeous face?

Felicia's Mom
07-16-2007, 05:09 PM
I am glad to hear that Zach has a new home. Sending good luck vibes to Meeko, that she may also find a home.

aki
07-16-2007, 05:33 PM
if i were closer, i would nab meeko in a heartbeat!

just beautiful!

~Aki :D

critter crazy
07-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Yeah, as much as I would love to have Meeko, I wouldnt want Mocha to suffer. She is such a laid back girl, so I am not sure how she would fair with a very Dominant cat?