PDA

View Full Version : Thoughtful gift

cyber-sibes
07-15-2007, 04:03 PM
Hi PT,
A package arrived from Buddy and Sierra and their mom this week. It smelled really good. Mom opened it and got all excited about it. It's a very fragrant little pine tree. I'll get to the decoration on it later in my story...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/cyber-sibes/IMG_2633.jpg
It's very nice, but I'm having a hard time getting too excited about anything this week. Mom & Dad thought I looked like I needed a day out...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/cyber-sibes/IMG_2615.jpg
So they took me to a busy place right on the ocean. There were some great smells around there. After dad snapped this picture, a nice man visiting from Poland stood and talked to mom for a long time and told us all about a husky that was his best friend a long time ago. I think I reminded him of his old friend. :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/cyber-sibes/IMG_2616.jpg
We walked all over and people said things like "Oh look, isn't that a husky?" and "It's a snow dog!" and "Look, it's a wolf!" (a little misguided, don't you think?) We looked in the shops as we walked. At one called Maxx, a nice red and white dog looked back out at me from inside the shop! His nice lady said I could come in. Maxx and I traded sniffs and he showed me around. There was lots of nice doggie stuff- collars, human t-shirts, and jewelry, and his lady kept giving us treats. She said all Maxx's friends get treats when they come in, and Maxx likes that because that means he gets treats too. This is where Mom found the red husky angel (it made her cry), and she brought it home and hung it right on that little tree.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/cyber-sibes/IMG_2630.jpg
I hope we go back there again. Maxx & his treats were very nice. I like the red husky angel on the little tree that Buddy & Sierra sent, don't you? Thank you Buddy, Sierrra, and Angie, it's really a very special tree.

lizbud
07-15-2007, 04:19 PM
Star, beautiful girl, I loved hearing about to trip to the ocean & meeting
a new friend. I'm glad you & your mom had a good time together. :)

LES here on hearing the story of the husky angel you found. That is just
so perfect. It does look right at home on the tree.

dukedogsmom
07-15-2007, 04:29 PM
Aw, that's so sweet. PTers are so thoughtful. Sounds like a great place to shop. LES here, too.

IRescue452
07-15-2007, 05:43 PM
What a perfect memorial. You're gonna make me cry. I'm sure you needed to go out for a nice walk as much as Star.

joycenalex
07-15-2007, 06:44 PM
how perfect, angie it was so amazing and pat, how lovely you were to share star and the pictures with us.

Freedom
07-15-2007, 07:34 PM
What timing to find that angel just when you received a remembrance tree to put it on to! Hi Star, you are such a sweet lady, I LOVE seeing you sweetie.

chocolatepuppy
07-15-2007, 07:36 PM
A very thoughtful gift indeed. I can sure see the ornament making you cry. It looks like you had a nice day out. :)

K9soul
07-15-2007, 07:42 PM
That is so beautiful and so very thoughtful. I'm glad you and your mom got to get out a little Star. Sending you both gentle hugs.

luvofallhorses
07-15-2007, 07:50 PM
that is very beautiful it made me cry, too. what a sweet, thoughtful gift. :)

Ginger's Mom
07-15-2007, 09:42 PM
It sounds like it was a really nice day out. I think I, too, would have cried upon finding the red husky angel. Angie what a great tree, and definitely the perfect place for a husky angel ornament.

Taz_Zoee
07-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Oh Star, it sounds like you had a good outing today. That tree is very special, and it's great your mom found the angel to go on it. It's perfect. :)

ramanth
07-15-2007, 10:36 PM
What a beautiful story Star. And such a lovely and thoughful gift. The husky angel looks perfect there. *HUGS*

shais_mom
07-15-2007, 11:38 PM
It's beautiful!
**Hugs**

pitc9
07-16-2007, 06:21 AM
Oh Pat... you didn't tell me about the ornament last night on the phone! :eek: How Perfect!!
It's Sherman for sure!
What a special find!

Star I'm so glad you had a great day out! You are a special girl sweetie!
I'm glad you all like the tree! I look forward to the first time it gets snowed on. :)

{{hugs}} all around!

Daisy and Delilah
07-16-2007, 09:20 AM
Awwwww!!! This has brought tears to my eyes again. I love the adorable little tree and the beautiful Sherman Angel ornament. How perfect.

Kisses to you gorgeous Star :)

k9krazee
07-16-2007, 09:27 AM
OOOh LES here too. Angie, what a very thoughtful gift, and the husky angel is perfect too. ((hugs))

cloverfdx
07-16-2007, 10:39 AM
Leaky eyes here aswell. Angie that was very sweet of you, and Pat the angel is beautiful.

{{Hugs}} For you all.

Jadapit
07-16-2007, 10:54 AM
Angie, what a thoughtful, beautiful gift. The angel is perfect for the tree. I hope you all felt a little better after your walk. Star, is absolutely beautiful.

CathyBogart
07-16-2007, 11:11 AM
Oh Star, what a lovely tree and a perfect little angel to decorate it.

cassiesmom
07-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Sweet Star! I enjoyed your story and seeing your pictures ... I'm glad you met a new friend ... and the little tree and the husky angel are precious. Leaky eyes here too. [[[[HUGS]]]] ... elyse

anna_66
07-16-2007, 02:04 PM
Star what a beautiful & thoughtful gift you all received from Angie, Sierra & Buddy. And how wonderful that you found just the perfect ornament to hang on it while out on your stroll by the ocean.

From the looks of it you really needed to get out of the house for a little while. I'm so happy to hear that you've found yourself a new friend and I'm sure you'll be seeing him often.

Thanks so much for the update and for the great picture of you and momma Pat.

Many loving thoughts headed your way.