PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter "The Order of the Pheonix" *SPOILERS*

slleipnir
07-15-2007, 10:25 AM
ok I have a question about this, but it will spoil the ending of the book/movie if you haven't already read/seen it. So I sugest not reading further if you don't want to know :)

Ok, so at the ending of the book when Harry is fighting with the death eatters and the order shows up. Sirius is knocking into that arch thing. I've read the book and seen the movie but I still don't understand what that is. Why does it kill them?

Kirsten
07-15-2007, 01:31 PM
I'm not sure, but I understood it as if that arch bow was meant to be the gate to the "other world", to death. But it was never really explained in the book, or in the movie, as far as I remember. Besides, he was struck by the Avada Kedavra curse before, so I guess he would have died anyway... :(

BTW, I saw the movie yesterday. :)

Kirsten

Alysser
07-15-2007, 02:39 PM
I wasn't very sure of that either, but I thought when the prophecy(the glass ball thingy) broke that was what came out, or I thought Voldemort created it. Either way he would have died anyway, since the lady used a killing curse on him. I was a little confused on that to, but overall I thought the movie was brilliant. Definately one of my all time favorite movies.

Kirsten
07-15-2007, 02:51 PM
but I thought when the prophecy(the glass ball thingy) broke that was what came out, or I thought Voldemort created it.

No, it wasn't created by Voldemort, nor did it appear when the prophecy broke. In the book, they entered the room with the arch before the reached the Hall of Prophecies. Later, during the battle, they came back and lost Sirius. I think that arch was always there, it's a mystery as everything in the Mystery Department.

Kirsten

Roxyluvsme13
07-15-2007, 02:53 PM
I have no idea, but the movie was wonderful :D.

slleipnir
07-15-2007, 05:24 PM
I found the movie changed a lot of things...I guess they had to but it didn't always make sense. I think I missed the part in the book where he was hit by the spell (or I just didn't remember)

animal_rescue
07-15-2007, 07:14 PM
He wasn't hit by the spell in the book, I'm pretty sure that was just in the movie. All in all though that movie depressed me. I don't think it was really anything like the book.

Roxyluvsme13
07-15-2007, 10:26 PM
I still think the books are better than the movies.

slleipnir
07-15-2007, 10:28 PM
Most are

Uabassoon
07-15-2007, 10:41 PM
I found the movie changed a lot of things...I guess they had to but it didn't always make sense. I think I missed the part in the book where he was hit by the spell (or I just didn't remember)

It was really quick in the book. I remember Alexa saying that she missed it when she was reading the book and had to go back and reread the page. He didn't die by the killing curse like he did in the movie though. Bellatrix did a spell that pushed him back into the veil (arch thing) and it was the veil that killed him. I have a feeling though that there is something important about the veil that will be revealed in the last book.

Giselle
07-15-2007, 11:51 PM
He wasn't hit by the spell in the book, I'm pretty sure that was just in the movie. All in all though that movie depressed me. I don't think it was really anything like the book.
Really? When I read the book, I distinctly remember feeling very depressed and starkly stoic throughout the story. It was very dark, but, then again, whose adolescence isn't? :p

I liked the book and the movie. I figure you can't judge them against each other on an equal field since one is a literary work while the other is more visual effects. I agree; the books are more fulfilling, but who doesn't love anything HP? :D

Alysser
07-16-2007, 03:25 AM
You have to remember, movies are very limited, much more then books are. Imagine them putting all the stuff from the book into the movie? I am sure they'd be around 4hrs. You just can't make a 4hr movie very easily. No one would want to sit in a theater for that long anyway. Somethings are also just easier for the filmers and F/X creators so they do it a different way. Think of all the F/X in harry potter, with all the spells and such. They obviously want to make it easy as possible because just thinking about doing that job makes me confused. The movie I was disappointed with the most out of the HP series was the second one, I don't know why but I hate that one.

Personally I like the movies ALOT better. I hate reading long books, and HP books are just not for me. I love harry potter, movies, etc. just not the books. My sister tells me everything anyway. You should have seen my Harry potter obsession like 4 years ago lol. I like a visual live thing, then just pages. I can't really picture the stuff, so I like the movies better. For me, it makes it easier to understand.