PDA

View Full Version : JuniRose and Chloe, off to the vet

sasvermont
07-14-2007, 07:43 AM
They both have a scheduled checkup in about an hour. I dreaded trying to capture them for the ride to the vet. I didn't follow through with the plans I had thought about last evening. I fell asleep early and didn't move the dreaded container to the bath. So, I had to do all the work this morning. As it turned out, they were not curious about the container, as it had been on the porch for months, and tossing it in the shower didn't alarm them either.

First I captured Juni, the wild child. She didn't have a clue. I stuffed her in the end up container and then went for Chloe. She didn't have a clue either and she was doubled stuffed. All went smoothly. They are buddies, so there shouldn't be a problem with fighting etc. while in the same, large container. They are very quiet right now. They are confused I suppose.

I am so darn happy that I didn't have to have my arms rendered bloody and torn apart. Now I can relax. Thanks goodness for "a break" once in a while!

I am sure they will have good visits and they are always well behaved. Maybe it will be payback time at the vet, but I surely hope not.

:eek:

P. S. Right now Lucy, the little black barn cat is running through the house, pacing, confused.......trying to tell me that two kitties are locked in a container, in the bedroom! She is funny. I usually refer to that behavior as in the TV series, Lassie......picture Lassie running to Timmy's mom and acting worried....and Timmy's mom says "What's wrong Lassie, did Timmy fall down the well"........ Lots of folks here have never even heard of Lassie, let alone seen a movie or series about Lassie.

Pam
07-14-2007, 08:08 AM
.picture Lassie running to Timmy's mom and acting worried....and Timmy's mom says "What's wrong Lassie, did Timmy fall down the well"........ Lots of folks here have never even heard of Lassie, let alone seen a movie or series about Lassie.

LOL! Unfortunately I am old enough to remember Lassie well. As long as I am on this board you need not fear about posting shows/events from the "old days." Congratulations on getting your two installed in the carrier. If I don't capture mine in the bathroom I can't capture them at all. The only hiding place in there is behind the toilet which, of course, is not really a proper hidiig place at all. :D Hope the two little abys will have good healthy exams with no problems. :) When does Miss Miley go?

sirrahbed
07-14-2007, 08:39 AM
Yay for getting both kitties into the carrier without bloodshed :) I had to smile reading your account...meowmie trying to be super cool while her heart is pounding wildly and then exhilaration at closing the door on the carrier :D

Oh yes and ....and Timmy's mom says "What's wrong Lassie, did Timmy fall down the well"........

had to grin bigtime at that one!! I can practically see the scene in my mind. I loved Lassie!!

sasvermont
07-14-2007, 09:38 AM
Juni needs a teeth cleaning in the fall. Other than that,... all went smoothly, behavior wise. Juni was the first one out and about and they both couldn't wait to get back in the container! Isn't it funny how they love their container while at the vet, but hate it at home.

And we got Timmy out of the well.

Miley was issued more medications, although was absent from the visit, obviously. She has been to the vet sooooo many times, that the vet doesn't really need to see her to diagnose her. More prendisone, twice a day. She seems to be ok.

Have a great weekend everyone.

catmandu
07-14-2007, 09:55 AM
I Remember Lassie Running Into The Town Barking Away At The Usual Crowd Of People Who Seem To Just Standing Around.
And From The Barking Someone Finally Says That Dogs Trying To Tell Us Something!!!
He Wants Us To Follow Him , June Lockharts In A Tree With A Hungry Cougar Right There.
Lets Go!!!!
Thats Rare Than I Can Get Found Cats Ready For The Vet That Easily.
Maybe The Older Cats But The Young Ones. No Way!!!!

Edwina's Secretary
07-14-2007, 10:19 AM
I have found the SUPRIZE!!!! to be the only way to get the Es ...separately of course! into the carrier.

But I am most impressed by Lucy! Edwina does a good imitation of Lassie but it only when SHE wants something...like food :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ...or to go in the backyard :rolleyes: :rolleyes: or food :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . What a big hearted littel girl Lucy is to care about her captive sisters!

Randi
07-14-2007, 10:24 AM
I'm glad you got them in the box without bloodshed, and also that it went so smoothly at the vet. Such great news! :D

My heart is pounding every time I have to get Fister in the box. I normally try to get him before he gets suspicious. ;)

You have a nice weekend too!

kimlovescats
07-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Oh yes, I remember Lassie. I also remember crying at the end of most every episode .... no, I wasn't an emotional child at all! :rolleyes:

I had to laugh about the "loving the container" while at the vets comment. Isn't that the truth? You can barely drag them out of it, then they are begging to get back in before the vet is even finished! LOL!

I'm glad it was a success and most of all that they are both healthy!

Kim

Karen
07-14-2007, 12:10 PM
Isn't it a huge relief when everyone cooperates? ;)

Barbara
07-14-2007, 02:50 PM
Congratulations- I can so well picture your bathroom, and Lucy running around and Juni Rose and Chloe in the container :D
Good to hear they were ok. Filou and Tigris also have to have their teeth cleaned- it's an Aby thing I believe.
Kisses to all my faborite kitty girls.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-14-2007, 06:56 PM
So glad to hear all went well, and no bloody arms to boot! ;)

CJ & Robin have learned what the carriers mean. They don't run and hide (probably because there's no place to hide!) but they do hunker down and make it difficult to drag them out of their "apartments." ;) :rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
07-14-2007, 07:13 PM
Kisses to all my faborite kitty girls.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pd38748a6a1410d20869aadcea76a3408/e895853d.jpg
The picture of total dejection........a broken heart....

sasvermont
07-15-2007, 06:56 AM
Edwina, I am sure Barbara was not trying to offend you by mentioning how much she adores all of us (the kittens) at Camp Vermont. She loves you too, and she didn not intend to put us before you, just acknowledge us just now.

I know Barbara has been to visit with you and Eddie (and your caretakers), and I know she still adores you. So don't be sad. Barb and Seigmar still love you. (But they love us too). I think its called sharing........ I know you are a princess and it may be difficult to accept the fact that you must share. I know you can do it. You do share with Eddie, don't you? Well.

Love and fuzzie hugs,

Chloe, JuniRose, Miley and Lucy

Edwina's Secretary
07-15-2007, 10:49 AM
Dear Chloe, JuniRose, Miley and Lucy,

I have become accustom to the fact that it is the cute, little, petite girlie girls like you guys that make everyone swoon.

Those of us who are...well not so petite...must simply accept our place as second.....

Self-pitingly,

Edwina

(and must we REALLY bring up Eddie...... :D :rolleyes: :p )

rg_girlca
07-15-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm happy to hear that there was no bloodshed and that the vet visit went well. :)