PDA

View Full Version : Has this happened to anyone else?

Scooter's Mom
07-12-2007, 11:41 PM
I don't know what came over me tonight. I started looking at petfinder.com. I found a sweet kitty here in the phoenix area...
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=8708738

I started crying the instant I saw his sad little face. I can't have anymore kitties - my scooter bug HATES them... and I think my hubby would truly leave if I got another pet. I have been crying for an hour, looking at his photo. I've never reacted so strongly to a photo of a pet like that.

Is it just me? Does it happen to other people too?

Crystal

LuckyNumber7
07-12-2007, 11:48 PM
I've totally done that. I foster for a rescue, and I routinely have to look through the high kill shelters website and beg which ones we should pull, and plead my case as to why. I cry regularly, going through their pictures, deciding who to try to pull. It breaks my heart.

The "notes" next to that little boys picture are kind of weird!

"Notes: ERECT LONG BRN TABBY"

What does that mean, when you call a kitty erect??

Scooter's Mom
07-12-2007, 11:51 PM
I don't know... but he is at the county shelter I think - Maricopa County is the county where Phoenix is located.

I think they just didn't put in a description cause every one of their listings are like that.

LuckyNumber7
07-12-2007, 11:54 PM
Ohhh - weird. He certainly is adorable.

jennielynn1970
07-12-2007, 11:57 PM
Awwwe... he definitely caught my heart! That happens with me as well. I have "sucker" stamped on my forehead in words only the kitties and other can read! They know exactly where to go to get help!

Scooter's Mom
07-13-2007, 12:01 AM
I can't take him in... no matter how hard I beg, my husband says "NO MORE"...
so I just have to pray someone finds him charming and takes him in.

I've been crying half the night over him. I feel so sad that I can't save him. :(

caffeitina
07-13-2007, 10:36 AM
Awwwww! Poor little guy! That face!! :( Almost as if he's saying "Please take me home and love me". I would if I could, but I don't live nearby and my two cats (who are friends and peacefully co-exist--most of the time) would despise me.

I hope someone adopts this sweetie!

Freedom
07-13-2007, 11:04 AM
Happen to me all the time, Crystal. It is so sad. I am not "supposed" to look at Petfinder, Craigslist, or rescue sites any more. Well, Dad IS right, we have 10 and that is a lot and we can't handle any more. but I just looka nd start crying thinking of them. The faces, like this little fella, can really tug at your heart strings.

I've never seen a cat described as "erect" either. I sent them an email asking what it means. I'll let you know if / when I find out!

aki
07-13-2007, 11:30 AM
what a cutie patooty!

i have found that i have to avoid those sites all together.

i can't watch animal cops on animal planet anymore either. my finance won't let me because i just bawl the whole show. :rolleyes:

~Aki

moosmom
07-13-2007, 11:34 AM
Welcome to the club.

I surf Petfinder.com and just look because I KNOW I can't have anymore with 5 plus a rat in a one room studio. :eek: Room is tight.

It's an addiction alright.

catnapper
07-13-2007, 11:35 AM
I haven't cried but I have instantly fallen in love! I WANTED one of the dogs listed, and even emailed about him. Got no answer, which is just fine because we technically can't afford any more pets at the moment

Catty1
07-13-2007, 11:38 AM
"erect"....not neutered???? :p

momtomany
07-13-2007, 01:03 PM
What a precious face and he has the name of one of my babies, "Baby". I, just like you guys, have "sucker" stamped on my face. I guess so since I have 11 cats of my own, plus a caretaker to two colonies, one with 15 in it and another with 8 in it. My colony babies all have names and I know their personalities. Plus, we have four cats that come by the house to eat. Three are strays that I have to trap and fix and one is a neighbor's cat, but I feed and do the vet care. Then I have 4 dogs and two birds. Buy stock in Pets Mart, cause I keep them in business. Our critters get into our souls, and I know for me that are the greatest medicine in the world.

Donnaj4962
07-13-2007, 01:12 PM
I can't look at petfinder. I just cry and cry and cry and want them all! I am at my limit (spacewise and financially) so I know better that to look becausee I would want them all!

Anikaca77
07-13-2007, 01:21 PM
I cry watchings those shows too so I usually just the stations but from time to time I get suck into watching and then crying my eyes out.

i can't watch animal cops on animal planet anymore either. my finance won't let me because i just bawl the whole show. :rolleyes:

~Aki

Pawla
07-13-2007, 04:20 PM
He looks sooo sad! :( Surely someone will take that sweet little fella. How could you say no to a face like that?

DJFyrewolf36
07-13-2007, 06:00 PM
Sigh, thats how Remus looked when I got him from the shelter. I can't really look at Petfinder and other sites either, as I want to help ALL of them.

One day I hope to get some property and start up a shelter/rescue for cats. At the very least, Im planning on talking to the local humane society about TNR. Im noticing a lot of feral kittens around lately.

catmandu
07-13-2007, 06:06 PM
I Cry When I Go Into The Adoption Rooms At Ptecetera And Petsmart As There Are All These Great Cats Thati Cannot Help.
Hey Mister Over Here.
Please Mister I Am A Great Cat.
I Hate Being In A Cage.
Please Love Me , Please Let Someone Love Me Again.
I Dont Know What I Did Wrong But Give Me A Chance And I Will Be The Best Cat Ever.
Hes Going, Maybe Noone Will Love Us.
Maybe Thats Why We Are Here In Cages Instead Of Our Homes.
I Sure Wish I Knew What I Did Was That Bad That They Got Rid Of Me.
I Sure Tried To Be A Good Cat.
Hey Lady Ill Be A Good Cat.
Pllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaassse!

Scooter's Mom
07-13-2007, 09:02 PM
I thought about this baby boy all day long. My eyes are literally swollen half shut.

I have never reacted so strongly to a kitty before. And my husband lectured me the entire drive home (65 miles) tonight about how we saved our kitty ... he seems to think saving ONE is enough. Grrr!

Ok, my eyes are leaking again. *sigh*
Crystal

jennielynn1970
07-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Do you think they meant "intact" instead of "erect"???