PDA

View Full Version : PTers from around 2001, do you remember the PTer?...

crow_noir
07-12-2007, 11:23 PM
I've been debating for months on posting this due to the sensitivity of the matter but it's eating at me. I'm going through another one of my nostalgia phases.

And yes, I've searched and searched and searched through old threads.

I remember reading the posts of a member often, but can't remember their user name.

I believe they lived in the south. Possibly a female. I think they had a few dogs, but the one i remember is a female wolf dog. sort of shaggy, multi-colored. (I think it wasn't posted about often because it was illegal in the state to own one.)

Karen
07-12-2007, 11:29 PM
Hmm, any more details you want to PM me? Female dog owners from the South covers a whole lot of members ...

Kfamr
07-12-2007, 11:31 PM
Hmm... The only thing that came to mind was DoggiesAreTheBest/Souraya's Drake - but Drake is male.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid163/pedd6a818a509b6345721b3f932654a69/f4a58c03.jpg

They were from the South when they lived in the states, but didn't post often because of their travels.

Is this who you're thinking of? It's the only "wolf dog" I can think of.

AdoreMyDogs
07-13-2007, 12:01 AM
I remember her and Drake! Her hubby is/was military so they moved frequently.

crow_noir
07-13-2007, 12:10 AM
Karen. I wish i had more details swimming around. ANYONE is lucky if i remember them from that long ago. I don't even remember people from 10 years ago that i spent five days a week+ with (school mates.) People will walk up to me and i have no idea who they are... even after they tell me their name and what class we had together or what friends we used to hang out with. I'd say my memory is fried, but i never had a memory for people. ...so this being online is even more difficult.

I'm not sure of the gender of the poster but i was almost CERTAIN the dog was female.

Kfmar. I WAS almost certain the dog was female... and then you posted *THAT* picture. ... I think that may have been one that was swimming through my momory.

Maybe this is who i was thinking of after all. Souraya does sound familiar. I don't know if I'll ever know for sure with this darned memory of mine.

That is a DARN stunning dog (So there's a good likelihood that's it. I remember that was my reaction seeing the dog before.)

Still, i remember a female WD from the south.

and i know it wasn't the collie mix.. the one who would NOT tolerate her collar being touched. ...that was a dog someone posted about from their childhood.

Thank you both for your help. :)

CathyBogart
07-13-2007, 11:57 AM
Just a *Bump* in case someone else remembers

lizbud
07-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Drake is the only one I can think of too. There was a girl with a big black
dog (mixed origin) who posted under the name Jennifer. Can't remember the
dog's name.

Barbara
07-13-2007, 01:33 PM
Drake and Souraya came to my mind also. I have seen Drake on time here in Munich- one of the most beautiful dogs I've ever met. I hope he and both his parents are happy and healthy somewhere in the world.

lizbud
07-13-2007, 05:46 PM
I hope he and both his parents are happy and healthy somewhere in the world.

Oh Barbara, I do too. :) I think of Souraya often & say a prayer for them.

K9karen
07-13-2007, 10:29 PM
Oh Barbara, I do too. :) I think of Souraya often & say a prayer for them.

:eek: Weird! I was thinking of Souraya the other day (and her hubby Andrew who was sent to Iraq) and sent her an email. it didn't bounce so I hope she gets it. I think Souraya came back last I read. I couldn't agree more, Drake is stunning!

luckies4me
07-13-2007, 11:28 PM
Are you talking about the lady who also owned the Golden Retriever? I remember her having the wolfdog...and of course Drake as well.

Kfamr
07-13-2007, 11:57 PM
Luckies - you're talking about Ken - WRR, right? ~
http://www.renokeo.com/kids1228.jpg

I had forgotten about him, but he was a more recent member, I don't think he was here in 2001.

luckies4me
07-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Yep Kay! That's exactly who I was thinking of. :p I thought the person was female though, ha. Bad memory. Having two kids does that to you. :D