PDA

View Full Version : Mom & Toddler Booted Off Plane

lizbud
07-12-2007, 04:41 PM
This was just crazy. I feel so sorry for this young Mom. :(
I think the stewardess was way out of line here.

http://www.theindychannel.com/family/13668816/detail.html

sparks19
07-12-2007, 04:44 PM
I just heard about that on the radio. that is ridiculous.

Pam
07-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Amazing! :eek: I hope she does pursue legal action, even if only to reimburse her for her time lost and the things she needed to buy because of the delay. This flight attendant needs to look for another career. She is obviously not suited for this one.

RICHARD
07-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Byuh, bye?

Well, I have to think that being around a small child - repeating one phrase for the length of a flight - does sound kinda daunting.

Of course, an overhead bin would hold a small child.

-------------

I AM KIDDING.

Again, service based jobs are the pits - especially these days.

a 'bubbly child' is parent code for- My child babbles on for hours and hours and there are times I want to strangle him. For the one thousand parents who realize that their kids are a distraction there is the one parent who's child can do no wrong, who's diapers do not smell and their wailing, screaming or bubbling isn't that bad......because they learned to tune it out a long time ago!

Matbe the kid would have shut up after the plane took off. Or maybe one of the people around the Bye Bye Kid would have complained during the flight, What does a F.A. do then?

O.K. parents, let me have it.

wombat2u2004
07-12-2007, 05:47 PM
I think a lot of people are not cut out to deal with kids.
Shame really......they were kids themselves once....and probably louder.
Wom

columbine
07-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Apparently it's not universally considered a bad idea to drug children for the sake of convenience. Babysitters get in trouble for it all the time.

I always keep good Florida airboat earplugs in my purse.

Love, Columbine

Cataholic
07-13-2007, 09:12 AM
There are times Jonah repeats the same thing over and over, like last night as we drove home from the Y. He said, "mommy, we go Y" about 50 times. While it might be mildly annoying (since we had just come from there), it surely didn't make me pull over and beat him. It is a tiny blip on the road called life.

It does make me wonder if there is more to the story. I think of the low rumbling noise made in taxi-ing (how do you spell that?), the fact that she had just finished her speech (I didn't know real people still made the speech, I thought it was recorded), and it couldn't really have been going on that long. Turn a plane back? What about all the people that might have been making a tight connection?

But, even if there isn't more to this story...why is this child's conduct (can you call it conduct?) any more or less irritating than anything else that can be witnessed on a plane? The people snoring, stinking, talking loudly, taking up my seat space? All mild irritants.

As for drugging my child, I am not going to drug my child to make your life run smoother. For other reasons? Maybe, but, not for your pleasure.

lizbud
07-13-2007, 09:22 AM
I believe the article mentioned that the flight had already been delayed
11 hours before finally boarding. But still, just because the stewardess was
cranky she didn't have to take it out on a customer.

jackie
07-13-2007, 09:27 AM
There are always three sides to every story. The moms version, the steward's version, and the truth.

If what the article says is the truth, the mother deserves compensation, and the flight attendant should be fired. But how often is the media 100% truthful and unbiased?

moosmom
07-13-2007, 09:51 AM
For the people annoyed:

Just throw on your iPod or favorite listeninmg device and crank it up!!! What's the problem?

For the Flight Attendant:

You need another profession, honey. You ARE Continental Express Airlines. It's all about Customer Service.

I would GLADLY welcome a kid who isn't screaming over candy, throwing a tantrum in the middle of the store, or flipping the over a cart with your 10 week old sister in the safety seat.

I have one technique that works like a charm. It's called the "HAIRY EYEBALL" and shuts 'em right up.

BC_MoM
07-13-2007, 10:25 AM
I sure hope she DOES take legal action. Sounds like someone's got her knickers in a knot. :mad:

RICHARD
07-13-2007, 10:30 AM
I saw a clip of the kid last night on the Red Eye 'news' program.
There were two separate scenes.

He was running around in circles by a play set outdoors and the indoors shot showed the same thing....

------------------------
The comedian that was a guest on R.E. said the same thing that I did about parents thinking their kids aren't misbehaving.

He went a little farther. He mentioned the parent that scolds the kid a few times, then looks at the people around them, smiles and shrugs the "Kids will be kids" shrug and lets the behavior goes on.

Again, my mom had six kids, some of us were little AH's, But she never 'lost' control of us in public- that was not acceptable. We sat, we waited and we were not obnoxious.

-----------------------

"Well the kid is only two!" Yeppers, but at that time the kid should already be socialized and knows how to behave in public.

judging by the video, the parental mindset is to "let him tire himself out and he'll sleep for the rest of the trip".

Sure, let him rock and roll until someone, with less patience than the F.A. punches you or steps on your kid.

(buzzer) WRONG! Take the bus next time. that was the people can actually get to where they are going without any more delay.

--------

Moosmom.

LOLOLOL, I don't have an ipod, why?

The second confirmed case of lightning hitting an ipod wearing person was in the news yesterday....

Now if you had an ipod on a plane and lightning hit it?

Better yet, put the ipod on the kid and pray? :rolleyes: :eek:

CathyBogart
07-13-2007, 10:32 AM
I'd like to know what really happened...

Cataholic
07-13-2007, 10:52 AM
If the flight was already delayed 11 hours, and the child was, indeed, 2 years old, I cannot imagine what the poor PARENT was going through, let alone the child.

Well behaved, or not, if a grown adult lost her patience- as it seems the stewardess did, why would a 2 year old be any different?

Trust me, Richard, I, and probably most people, just can't handle every situation thrown at us as a parent with the finesse your dear mother did.

finn's mom
07-13-2007, 10:57 AM
I definitely can see how that would be annoying, but not enough to kick them off the plane. Of course, there are only a handful of people who know the complete story. IF what is in the article posted is the complete truth, I do believe the flight attendant was completely out of line.

Even if there is something going on with a child that is highly annoying or disruptive, the things the attendant was quoted as saying are ridiculous and completely inappropriate. There are many other, more acceptable, ways to ask someone to do something about a disruptive child. Again, IF those things did come out of the attendant's mouth, she needs to revisit the term TACT.

As for people who think their child's crap doesn't stink or that they can do no wrong (and, Richard, I work in grocery, I see that ALL THE TIME, it is very sad to think about the kinds of adults those children will turn out to be), I don't feel that it applies in this particular situation. The mother may have been more understanding about her child's annoying behavior's effect on the pleasantness of the flight if the attendant had approached her differently. Telling anyone to shut up or to shut their child up is not a peaceful approach to any situation. That phrase is almost always used in frustration and rarely leads to any good compromise or solution.

Ok, I'm shutting up, now. :)

finn's mom
07-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Again, my mom had six kids, some of us were little AH's, But she never 'lost' control of us in public- that was not acceptable. We sat, we waited and we were not obnoxious.

At work, I've noticed that when there's more than one child, the children individually and collectively, seem better behaved. (Not always, but often.) Perhaps it comes with practice? Was your mother super mom from baby number one? I commend your mother, and anyone for that matter, for being able to superbly handle six children, or even one child. I am curious, though, if she was always that able, or if the old adage "practice makes perfect" fits in her situation. ;)

Sirrahsim
07-13-2007, 11:10 AM
I flew Continental Express... they have these little clear backpacks with activities and toys for kids. Some of the toys aren't appropriate for a two year old but many of them are. Maybe she didn't feel like actually trying to rectify the situation ??? That flight attendant should be fired for sure. *11* hours?? in an airport?? Even the best behaved child in the world would be bouncing off the walls. The fact that he was saying "bye bye plane" and not screaming his head off is a miracle on its own.

OH... maybe it is the leftover pregnancy hormones but this really gets me. :mad: :mad: I hope that sad excuse for a flight attendant was fired :mad:

Miss Z
07-13-2007, 11:12 AM
Eesh, what is some people's problem with the world? It amazes me that people that grouchy actually manage to pass job interviews in the first place.

Yes, some parents are too lenient with their kids and seem to become oblivious to their hyperactivity, but really, if the news report is accurate in what the attendant said to the mother, then she needs the book thrown at her. Manners and curteousy could have resolved the situation in a few minutes.

lizbud
07-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Did anybody check out the video interview with the mom? She looks &
sounds like a very levelheaded young woman to me. I tend to believe her
and from the article, a lot of other passengers sided with her too.

It's hard enough traveling with a toddler by yourself & I don't think the
little guy was bothering anyone but the stewardess. Why didn't she go
serve peanuts or fluff pillows or something. LOL :)

RICHARD
07-13-2007, 12:48 PM
As for the veracity of the media, "Dewey Defeats Truman".

--------------------------

For the record,

My mom and dad raised us Catholic. that means-

We went to Catholic School.
They gave permission for our teachers to beat us.
We were taught, after mom instilled it into us to -
sit still, don't be obnoxious, behave, shut up and be polite.

Finn's Mom-
As for my mom losing control?
She only had to endure it once.- because she waited until we were out of the public eye and she put the hammer down.

After that, the hairy eyeball sufficed nicely.

My parents parented, They didn't put up with BS, little temp tantrums and the adage of all parents these days- "I want my kids to have what I didn't have."

They were from the school of "You are going to get what you work for -money, respect and courtesy-nothing is free."

----------

Now,

Let's review.

NO PARENT, KICKED OFF A PLANE BECAUSE OF THEIR KID, will admit that their kid was misbehaving. That AH will make everyone around them the bad guy.

What is wrong with these statements?

"I was removed from the flight because my child was unruly."

"The F.A. offered me benadryl, That's because I couldn't give the brat a shot of tequila."

---------------

I am all for courtesy in public.

IT works both ways. I wasn't there so I do not know what was said or done.
I do know that parents will defend their spawn in every situation because the kids behavior REFLECTS ON THEIR ABILITY AS A PARENT. It also reflects on them if THEY CANNOT CONTROL THEIR KIDS IN PUBLIC.

It only makes sense that the kid did no wrong and the Biatch, Rude, AH F.A.
should be pilloried, drawn, quartered, sued and then fired.

Most of the time Cashiers, F.A.s. Managers, Servers and Security people take the brunt of the public scorn.

When YOU have a problem with some jerk, you go to one of them to 'fix' the problem. You then sit back and watch them take the shiat of the offender?

Because it's THEIR JOB.

If someone complained to the F.A. because mom couldn't keep Damian Jr. quiet, The. F.A. becomes the bad guy.

----------

The F.A. was effed either way.

Had she left the ankle biter alone and "bubbling" for the duration of the flight, there would have been complaints from everyone around them.

She would have been reprimanded for not doing her job. Let her keep her job. The next time you fly you may not have the spine to tell someone to STFU.

Send her instead.

lizbud
07-13-2007, 04:58 PM
As for the veracity of the media, "Dewey Defeats Truman".

--------------------------

For the record,

My mom and dad raised us Catholic. that means-

We went to Catholic School.
They gave permission for our teachers to beat us.
We were taught, after mom instilled it into us to -
sit still, don't be obnoxious, behave, shut up and be polite.

Richard, I'll bet some people won't believe your experience in Catholic
school, but I do. Teachers were allowed to discipline students, and they
did. It was learn or else. :D

Pam
07-13-2007, 05:47 PM
The woman and the toddler were on Good Morning America this morning. The little boy was a typical antsy toddler even on the show. Unfortunately the behavior of children not quite two years old is extremely unpredictable. It is almost impossible to reason with them when they are that little. There were enough other passengers backing up the mother's story for me and others to get an idea of just what went on. Apparently the stewardess realized the scene she was making and just went full speed ahead. I guess sort of a *do or die* approach. I hope she has been fired.

RICHARD
07-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Richard, I'll bet some people won't believe your experience in Catholic
school, but I do. Teachers were allowed to discipline students, and they
did. It was learn or else. :D

I don't want to believe that I lived thru it. It wasn't very harsh because if you had half a brain, you learned the first time.
One time my friend and another kid tussled over a ball during recess.
The kid bit my friend.

The punishment was this....The nun/teacher put her left hand on the kid's left arm, took the pointer, which was a wooden rod about 3/8ths of a inch thick, in her right hand and proceeded to hit the kid on the back of the thighs. In front of the whole class.

They did about 3 spins and it was over.
--------------

We had Phys Ed once a week. They brought in some turd to lead 200 kids in the basics- jumping jacks, push ups etc.

I was standing next to someone who was talking. The P.E. turd stopped the class, looked at me and asked, "who is talking?" I answered, "not me."

"Well, now you are, go to your classroom."

Amidst the "oooohs" I marched back to class where I had to take a ruler across the palms of my hand.

In those days some of the punishment was worse than the crime....but you thought once about screwing around and forgot it.

-------------

I know that I sound like a anti-kid person, not true. I love kids and my nieces and nephews and friend's kids would rather spend time with me than the adults.

I do believe in corporal punishment, always tempered with an explanation and a well communicated reason as to why.

As I have grown older I do know that it does hurt a parent more than the kid when they get smacked, but I would rather see a kid take a few in the arse for walking into the street than to see a kid as a hood ornament of a Buick!

lizbud
07-13-2007, 06:27 PM
One other thing was when the word got back to your parents about what
ever misdeed was done at school also brought punishment at home too. :rolleyes: Double doom. ;)

moosmom
07-13-2007, 07:38 PM
I can't even BEGIN to imagine 11 hours on a plane with a 2 year old!! :eek: :eek:

Kill me now!!! :rolleyes:

columbine
07-13-2007, 08:29 PM
In those days some of the punishment was worse than the crime....but you thought once about screwing around and forgot it.We certainly learned to steer clear of the kids from St. Pat's, because they understood that MIGHT MAKES RIGHT, and if you were smaller, you were fair game. Maybe they went on to do well on Wall Street, or in Pfizer. That's where and when we live nowadays, after all. I guess the lessons stuck.

Love, Columbine

crow_noir
07-14-2007, 12:36 AM
Just decided to add my two cents.

Anyone who knows me knows i like children about as much as most people like tarantulas.

Despite that i want to slap that stewardess until her face turns blue.

That mom and her kid did not deserve to be kicked off the plane.

Yeah, i would have been annoyed with the kid, very annoyed; but if you're getting on a plane you have to expect the worst. It's a commercial airline for crying out loud.

And yes, i agree... for being delayed for 11 hours it sounds like the kid was well behaved.

RICHARD
07-14-2007, 01:29 AM
We certainly learned to steer clear of the kids from St. Pat's, because they understood that MIGHT MAKES RIGHT, and if you were smaller, you were fair game.

Catholics have crotches too. A well aimed kick or punch works on any religion. ;)

columbine
07-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Catholics have crotches too. A well aimed kick or punch works on any religion. ;)Oh, sure! But (despite being Catholic) we weren't sent to the Catholic school, so we just went with our upbringing: fighting breeds fighting, avoid when possible, run & tell teacher, maintain the high ground - all that out-of-date stuff that sounds like it's from outer space these days. It's served me well emotionally, but I will admit to being rather - erm - financially challenged! However, people GIVE me stuff all the time, so it's worked out pretty well for me.

(You can give me stuff too if you want! ;) But it would be majorly cool if you'd give my neighbors stuff (http://www.rosies.org/Cultures/en-US/default.htm) instead.)

Love, Columbine

RICHARD
07-15-2007, 12:21 PM
Geraldo had the mom, dad and the spawn on his show.

The interview starts.

Child is eating jelly beans on mom's lap.

G asks the mom some question, then asks the dad, "what did you think when your wife told you what happened?"

Dad: "What did you do now?"

Hmmmmmmm....

Jelly beans run out.

Kid starts to squirm. Mom passes kid off to dad, who is holding a book in his hand, probably to calm the kid down.

Geraldo is laughing at the kid's antics and asks the cameraman to get shots of the 'spawn' in action.

The last shot I saw was of the dad still sitting down in his chair, holding on to the monster's arm, to keep him from running off.

sparks19
07-15-2007, 03:00 PM
Geraldo had the mom, dad and the spawn on his show.

The interview starts.

Child is eating jelly beans on mom's lap.

G asks the mom some question, then asks the dad, "what did you think when your wife told you what happened?"

Dad: "What did you do now?"

Hmmmmmmm....

Jelly beans run out.

Kid starts to squirm. Mom passes kid off to dad, who is holding a book in his hand, probably to calm the kid down.

Geraldo is laughing at the kid's antics and asks the cameraman to get shots of the 'spawn' in action.

The last shot I saw was of the dad still sitting down in his chair, holding on to the monster's arm, to keep him from running off.

And????

So where is the part where the kid is being bad? As far as I can tell the child is being a 2 year old. I am with you on the whole punishment thing.... but you wouldn't get a puppy and expect it to not be a puppy would you? Or a kitten and expect it not to be a kitten? you cannot expect a 2 year old to amuse himself all the time. I think seeing the child on an adult talk show is a poor way to judge the childs behaviour and I highly doubt that even with your mothers stern punishment that you were never fidgety at that age. So you stick a kid on an adult show where NO ONE is talking to him, he has NOTHING to do, and expect him to sit perfectly still and quiet? HAHAHAHAHAHA I don't even have kids yet and I know that's a pipe dream lol.

From what you say the child was not screaming, yelling, throwing a tantrum etc etc. he was being squirmy and didn't want to sit still any longer without something to keep him entertained.... pretty normal 2 year old behaviour and no amount of spanking, yelling, or other punishment is going to make a 2 year old sit still without ANYTHING for him to keep his curious mind occupied.

Heck.... most adults can't sit still without something to keep them occupied lol

RICHARD
07-15-2007, 03:20 PM
And????

So where is the part where the kid is being bad?

Hmmm, I didn't mention bad. I did say the kid was spawn tho!

Maybe it's the way I have been raised. I hate to bring race and animals into this.

Raised in a Mexican family we were brought up to sit quietly, behave and not heard-I cannot tell you how many people commented my mother on having a 'conga line' of well behaved twerps following her. At that time I didn't think anything about it. But. I am sure glad my mom didn't mollycoddle any of us and I am glad she was a believer of corporal punishment.

It is possible to have a 2 year old sit quietly, It just depends on what you put in your pipe.

To this day I don't have to sit on a lap, eat jelly beans and squirm until my dad has to hold on to me to keep me from running off.

The Dog Whisperer has touched on a very interesting method in his dog training. Dogs pick up on the excitement/stress of the owners. I have been able to rein in my brothers dogs by not getting all jacked up when they get antsy.

First of all, a two year old is old enough to be sitting in his own chair, quietly.

This frigging yo-yo was probably jacking up the kid days before the trip.

WE ARE GOING BYE BYE ON THE PLANE, BYE BYE ON THE PLANE, BYE BYE ON THE PLANE!

Then,

ON TV, WE ARE GOING ON T.V.!, WE ARE GOING ON T.V.!, WE ARE GOING ON T.V.!

Just like Cesar Milan and his dog training methods -Dogs pick up the stress and nerves of their owners, Ergo, Kids pick up on the stupidity of their parents.

Oh, The Yo-Yo wants two more kids.

I memorized her face, so it I ever get stuck on an airplane with that AH, I'll save the F.A. the pain of telling her kid to shut up-

I'll do it myself.

dukedogsmom
07-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Amen to that, Richard! I was shopping in Michaels one time and you could hear this kid screaming all over the store. Mother and grandmother were with him. He was about 2 1/2 years old. I approached them and mentioned the screaming. Mother starts whining about him being "just a baby" and all. I told her that he was plenty old enough to know how to behave indoors and that if he wasn't, one of them could have taken him outside so that the rest of us could shop in peace. Funny how they say it takes a village to raise a child but only want to apply that when it suits them.

RICHARD
07-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Amen to that, Richard! I was shopping in Michaels one time and you could hear this kid screaming all over the store.

Hot glue gun and some twine. ;)

Are you channelling Hillary Clinton? :eek:

----------

I need to qualify a statement.

Mexican parents are usually Catholic.
Most of them have a crap load of kids.

When that happens the good ones teach their kids to be well behaved.

Why?

Can you imagine chasing after 6 misbehaving kids?

Pam
07-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Good post Sparks. :) I am a lot more tolerant of a two year old acting like a two year old than I am of an eight year old acting like a two year old. There is a difference.

Richard, with all due respect, I am sure you were a model child but I doubt that your memory goes back to when you were two. That is why they are called the Terrible Twos. It is part of a child's development and totally natural.

Believe me I have seen lots of ill behaved children in many different places. I cut the mom some slack when the child is very young because I remember what it was like when my own were that small (and no, I was not a pushover mom).

The problem I believe in this case is entirely with the flight attendant. She lied to the pilot, claiming that the mom threatened her, a threat that none of the passengers back up. She needs to find a new career away from the public. I think she'd make a nice prison guard. :p

dukedogsmom
07-15-2007, 03:59 PM
Hot glue gun and some twine. ;)

LMAO!

ratdogg
07-15-2007, 04:10 PM
I told her that he was plenty old enough to know how to behave indoors and that if he wasn't, one of them could have taken him outside so that the rest of us could shop in peace. Funny how they say it takes a village to raise a child but only want to apply that when it suits them.

wow, I couldn't agree more. well put :)

caseysmom
07-15-2007, 04:16 PM
But what is the cost of getting the crap beaten out of you so you will shut up? Will you grow up to be an angry old grouch that calls children monsters?

Hmmm, I didn't mention bad. I did say the kid was spawn tho!

Maybe it's the way I have been raised. I hate to bring race and animals into this.

Raised in a Mexican family we were brought up to sit quietly, behave and not heard-I cannot tell you how many people commented my mother on having a 'conga line' of well behaved twerps following her. At that time I didn't think anything about it. But. I am sure glad my mom didn't mollycoddle any of us and I am glad she was a believer of corporal punishment.

It is possible to have a 2 year old sit quietly, It just depends on what you put in your pipe.

To this day I don't have to sit on a lap, eat jelly beans and squirm until my dad has to hold on to me to keep me from running off.

The Dog Whisperer has touched on a very interesting method in his dog training. Dogs pick up on the excitement/stress of the owners. I have been able to rein in my brothers dogs by not getting all jacked up when they get antsy.

First of all, a two year old is old enough to be sitting in his own chair, quietly.

This frigging yo-yo was probably jacking up the kid days before the trip.

WE ARE GOING BYE BYE ON THE PLANE, BYE BYE ON THE PLANE, BYE BYE ON THE PLANE!

Then,

ON TV, WE ARE GOING ON T.V.!, WE ARE GOING ON T.V.!, WE ARE GOING ON T.V.!

Just like Cesar Milan and his dog training methods -Dogs pick up the stress and nerves of their owners, Ergo, Kids pick up on the stupidity of their parents.

Oh, The Yo-Yo wants two more kids.

I memorized her face, so it I ever get stuck on an airplane with that AH, I'll save the F.A. the pain of telling her kid to shut up-

I'll do it myself.

dukedogsmom
07-15-2007, 04:21 PM
But what is the cost of getting the crap beaten out of you so you will shut up? Will you grow up to be an angry old grouch that calls children monsters?
From my experience, any negative reaction at all to children makes people monsters. And for the record, I've praised both parents and their kids when I've seen them behaving nicely. I tell them it's a pleasure because it is so rare these days.

ratdogg
07-15-2007, 04:33 PM
Will you grow up to be an angry old grouch that calls children monsters?

but children are monsters!

wombat2u2004
07-15-2007, 09:55 PM
That is why they are called the Terrible Twos. It is part of a child's development and totally natural.

Methinks Pam.........that a few of the posters here have never had that experience.
Wom

Twisterdog
07-16-2007, 12:48 AM
Wow. Unbelievable. The child is TWO ... not twelve. And they were on a flight that was delayed for TWELVE hours. I most certainly would not have been that cheerful after sitting in an airport for twelve hours! Sounds like a pretty darn GOOD two year old to me! He wasn't crying, wasn't throwing a tantrum ... he was just saying good bye to the plane. I'm POSITIVE he would have stopped in a few more minutes.

I've sat by people on planes who have snored, snorted, talked endlessly about their grandpa's colonostomy, their wife's affair or their aunt's bunions, tried to sell me life insurance, tried to get me to go on a date with them, had gas or stinky feet. I've been on planes with children who cried and SCREAMED for an ENTIRE cross-country flight. It's called PUBLIC transportation for a reason ... you are riding with the PUBLIC. People are annoying, loud, smelly, stupid, etc. at times, adults and children alike. If you can't put in earplugs, put on an iPod and pretend to sleep .. you probably should take your own private car on a trip next time.

Cataholic
07-16-2007, 08:46 AM

LOL, I have been thinking this same thought for days! Give me a typical two year old, which develops into a lovely person, tolerant of others any day!

columbine
07-16-2007, 08:52 AM
But what is the cost of getting the crap beaten out of you so you will shut up? Will you grow up to be an angry old grouch that calls children monsters?Solemn little obedient robot-kids give me the creeps. Are they drugged? Cowed? Counting the years until they can get their hands on a weapon? (That's the ultimate logical sequel of Might Makes Right - It's All In The Hardware.) Spoiled shrieklings drive me nuts, but the ones who've Learned Their Lesson out-and-out scare me.

Love, Columbine

wombat2u2004
07-16-2007, 09:03 AM
but children are monsters!

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t7/wombat2u2004/Avatars_Funny_baby_ORly.gif

CathyBogart
07-16-2007, 10:31 AM
ROFL Wom!

I hate most kids, but I can appreciate and comment on a well-behaved one. Last night it took everything in me not to make a snippy comment about "nature's birth control" when I was in a drugstore and heard a kid that reminded me of this commercial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWkZ_StRjU0

WARNING: Don't click if you hate screaming kids!

wombat2u2004
07-16-2007, 10:37 AM
ROFL Wom!

I hate most kids, but I can appreciate and comment on a well-behaved one. Last night it took everything in me not to make a snippy comment about "nature's birth control" when I was in a drugstore and heard a kid that reminded me of this commercial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWkZ_StRjU0

WARNING: Don't click if you hate screaming kids!

Hehehehe...I LOVE that commercial !!!!!!
Wom

RICHARD
07-16-2007, 12:30 PM
It's not that I hate kids.

I love them.

Especially when they throw the "Gravity on the Planet has increased and I am going to stay pinned to supermarket floor screaming at the top of my lungs" tantrum. What would you do if Planet Earth betrayed you?

All the while the AH parent pushes the cart away mumbling, "I am going to leave you there until you behave!"

-------
Believe it or not, It's the parents I hate.

I don't want to see kids as "drugged robots". I do carry coupons to get the bad ones a free lobotomy.

PM me and I'll send some out.

As a matter of fact, I love it when kids misbehave. It reminds me of my choice not to have them. It's bad enough that I act like an AH when I have a tantrum.

Can you imagine the tag team my child and I would make?

----------

MY ONLY BEEF ARE THE PARENTS who are too willing to say something stupid like, "I am going to give you a time out if you don't stop."

1) Get off you arses, kneel down to your child and gently talk to them.
2) Have a little consideration for other people. Pick up your child, give them a hug and take a time out away from other people. If you cannot move around, or get outside the area, Modify rule one to, Pick up your child give them a hug and gently talk to them.
3) I cut a parent slack if they attempt #1 or 2.

-------

So, the next time I have an encounter with one of the Children of the Corn, with their parent standing next to them, palms up, wondering what to do, I'll beat feet away from the area.

It's not the children I deplore, It's the people in charge. :confused:

momoffuzzyfaces
07-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Give me a child who is babbling happily over one screaming his head off any day!!!

RICHARD
07-16-2007, 05:13 PM
Give me a child who is babbling happily over one screaming his head off any day!!!

Talk on pet talk! Talk on pet talk! Talk on pet talk! Talk on pet talk!
Talk on pet talk! Talk on pet talk! Talk on pet talk! Talk on pet talk! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
07-16-2007, 05:39 PM
Richard are you trying to get booted off da plane? :D

I guess freedom of speech doesn't apply to 2 year olds, eh? :D
Da plane! Da plane!!! :D

dukedogsmom
07-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Richard, you rock!!

Catty1
07-16-2007, 06:31 PM
MANY years ago, when I was in my 20s, more than once the sound of a screaming child in a store triggered a memory: "I didn't take my Birth Control pill!" :D

Kids like that made sure I never missed a day!

Muddy4paws
07-16-2007, 07:47 PM
At the end of the day she chose a career which would involve people of all ages, If this is a true story the stewardess needs to grow up and change her job because she obviously cant hack it.

wombat2u2004
07-17-2007, 12:21 AM
MANY years ago, when I was in my 20s, more than once the sound of a screaming child in a store triggered a memory: "I didn't take my Birth Control pill!" :D

Kids like that made sure I never missed a day!

Have you ever seen the Irish Birth Control Patch ????
It's a small foam disc.......you put it behind your left knee and hold it in place with the front of your right knee.
It works.....I know !!!!! :D

jackmilliesmom
07-17-2007, 04:41 AM
It's a small foam disc.......you put it behind your left knee and hold it in place with the front of your right knee.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!! !!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm119YYIE) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_19.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm119YYIE) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_219.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm119YYIE) oh my sides hurt really Wom are you sure you have never visited us here?

RICHARD
07-17-2007, 04:57 PM

An aspirin works quite well also.

It helps with pains and aches too!

wombat2u2004
07-17-2007, 09:26 PM
An aspirin works quite well also.

It helps with pains and aches too!

Aspirins tend to be small and nobbly, they make an indentation on the right kneecap.
From one doctor to another....I have to insist that the foam disc is better !!!! :D
Wom

dukedogsmom
07-18-2007, 07:11 AM
Methinks Pam.........that a few of the posters here have never had that experience.
Wom
*Counts her blessings*