PDA

View Full Version : Iris is ours, free and clear!

sirrahved
07-12-2007, 12:11 PM
It took a few phone calls, but I tracked down Iris' previous owners. She was adopted from Petsmart about a year and a half ago. She became best friends with the other cat in the house, and then that cat passed away. Iris took out her frustration on another cat in the house, swearing it her mortal enemy. They even went so far as to put Iris into her own room. The cats just fought through the door.

They decided to give Iris to another home and that's where I'm left puzzled. I don't know if Iris was "living" there but let out during the day, or if she escaped. The neighborhood is NOT a good neighborhood to let your cat loose in. She's also completely declawed...

Anyhow, the previous owner says as long as Iris is in a home where she is happy and cared for, she's ecstatic.

This is at least Iris' 5th home, and it's her last. We're so glad to be a part of her life!

Abby&Buddy'sMom
07-12-2007, 01:17 PM
such wonderful news!! her new furrever home :) now all we need to do is see some pictures of the new addition ;)

sirrahved
07-12-2007, 02:11 PM
http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=129034

This will have to do until we get our DSL in a couple of weeks. We're operating on an 8 year old computer because the other two don't have a modem. I'll tell you what, switching back to dial-up from DSL seems like punishment!

sirrahbed
07-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Devon - I looked up that reverse # and got the map to see how far away she lived (if that is the most recent owner) and it looks to be about five miles, many neighborhoods, fields and highways. I still believe she was dumped. BUT, good to know that she is now HOME :) It is really pretty exciting the way she appeared suddenly and waited for you guys to adopt her ;)

Hopefully you will have your dsl soon. That high speed spoils us. It will be great to see pictures of pretty Iris again. Glad that she is happy and fitting in with her new furry siblings.

Freedom
07-12-2007, 04:37 PM
wonderful news for both you and for IRIS! Hooray!

Don't forget to upate the microchip info, in case it turns out that she is a little escape artist! :D

catmandu
07-12-2007, 04:40 PM
This Is So Touching And Wonderful That After All These False Starts Iris Finally Has That Special Furr Ever Home Where She Can Spend Her Life Being Cherished And Loved.
We All Have Les Here.

Medusa
07-12-2007, 06:12 PM
What great news! I just love a happy ending! Yay for Iris and for you!