PDA

View Full Version : Noba, Noba, Noba... grrrr

Nobas Mom
07-12-2007, 06:37 AM
Okay, so Noba started doing this thing recently that is getting to be a bit ridiculous. Noba starts off the night on the floor on his huge dog bed. Then at about 3am in the morning, he comes to my side of the bed and starts screaming bloody murder. The first night he did it, is scared the crap outta me. I thought he was hurt. NOPE... it turns out, it's his way of saying "mom, I wanna come in your bed". My husband has tried to lay him back down on his own bed, but it doesn't work. He has to be on our bed, and I wouldn't mind at all (I love sleeping with my basset hound), but he HAS to lay IN THE MIDDLE of us, which means Noba regulates how much room on the bed everyone gets, which turns out to not be much... grrrr... :rolleyes:

We've tried laying him on the end of the bed.... nope, he cries. We've tried laying him on the side of one of us... nope, he cries. The only thing that settles him down is laying between us... seriously... ugh... :D

sasvermont
07-12-2007, 07:31 AM
The solution is easy. Buy a king sized bed. The dog needs you. This is such a funny story. So many doggies need to sleep in bed with their owners. Hehehehehehe. Sorry he had to let you know by screaming at you at 3AM. I hope they have beds on sale in your part of town!

:eek: ;)

Freedom
07-12-2007, 08:26 AM
*snicker, chuckle, laugh right out loud!"

OK, so the dog knows what works: he screams and you respond. He is a GREAT trainer, isn't he?

Now you need to do the same thing. Where do you want him to sleep? Maybe outside the bedroom with the door closed. Make him WANT to do it! Not easy, I know, but I'm laughing too hard to be more specific. :D

Nobas Mom
07-12-2007, 08:43 AM
Oh I love having Noba sleep with me, I don't mind sharing the bed with all of my animals, as a matter of fact, Sadie (my other dog) and the cat both sleep with us... it's the "needing to sleep between us and dictating the amount of room we get" that drives me nuts... silly boy gets his way every time much tot he chagrin of my husband.... totally true that dogs rule my life!! :D :rolleyes:

cloverfdx
07-12-2007, 09:41 AM
Simple either lock him out or crate him. Your the boss you make the rules.

lizbud
07-12-2007, 12:24 PM
I'd vote for getting a bigger human bed. That, or making all the animals
sleep on the floor. Don't think I'd like that option either. :(

Nobas Mom
07-12-2007, 05:30 PM
A bigger bed would be a better option. I'm not complaining or looking for a solution, I just thought it was a cute story!! :D

Ginger's Mom
07-12-2007, 09:36 PM
I know someone who has a king-size bed with a twin bed pushed up right next to it so that there is enough room for her, her husband and their three dogs. :D

Seravieve
07-12-2007, 10:12 PM
The solution is easy. Buy a king sized bed.

LOL.. We have a king sized bed.. and its STILL crowded. Two Humans.. Two.. sometimes Three.. dogs! ahhh! They sneak up in the middle of the night. And Eli will lay down on his side and spuratically stretch out his legs and claw my legs with his big toe nails.

Before Eli cam along and chewed the dresser leg.. we used leashes to tie the two dogs on the floor.. put a bed on each side of the dresser and put each in their bed... Worked with just the two.

There was an episode of "Its me or the Dog" about a similar situation to yours. Id put him outside of your room when he does that.. I cant remember what the trainer did.. Kicked the wife out (she babied the dog) and then it stopped.. and gave him a bed outside of their room.. maybe used a baby gate in the doorway.. it was a smaller dog though..

*ramble ramble ramble* :D