PDA

View Full Version : We're Getting a Puppy!!

NoahsMommy
07-11-2007, 08:42 PM
I'm so excited! We're getting a Labrador Retriever Puppy! This is a dog for Jerry, my step-dad as a present for Father's Day and really for his Retirement (he retired in Novemeber). He's had Labs growing up and it seems like everyone in his family has Labs, but him! So, now that we have the yard (ie: grass and room to run and play) and he has the TIME, its now time to open up their (and I guess "my") home and hearts up to a "little" guy. :)

Jerry wants either a black or chocolate male pup. I've done all the research and after about a month or so of looking, we found a breeder in our own town! We've looked at breeders in all of California and were/are open to going anywhere in the state to find the right dog and to support the right breeder. It just so happens that we found the perfect breeder in the same town we're in.

Meet the happy parents...

Momma is Licorice:
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/Licorice.jpg
I'm in love with her!! I hope we get a replica of her!!!! I hope I hope!!! ;)

Daddy is Rootbeer:
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/Rootbeer2.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/Rootbeer1.jpg

Jerry kind of put in a tall order. He doesn't really prefer the English Labradors, he prefers the American Field look a bit better...and actually, if they could combine the two, he'd be happy as a clam. Yea, find a GOOD breeder that actually have that in a male black/choc anytime in the near future...and we actually found it!

Meet Susana Labradors...
http://www.susanalabradors.com/index.shtml

Rootbeer is smaller, but still has the blocky head of the English Stock, Licorice is of the American Field build, but is larger...the breeder said we'll get exactly what we're looking for.

I'm shocked my mom has agreed to getting a lab in this house, but she has. They're even crate training! I only agreed to "allowing them" to getting a dog if they would do it right - I grew up with our pets constantly being sent to the pound or rehoming because they would get inside and eat a pillow or something, so I did NOT want a repeat. I had them both read outloud the differences between: Pet Stores - Puppy Mills - Back Yard Breeders - Breeders for $$ - Breeding for "Miracle of Life" - "Why you Choose A Good Breeder" - Etc. Etc. Etc. They really learned a lot and now know why Labs need to be hip, knee and eye certified before you take them home - even if they're super cute! :)

So, due date is 8/10/07 and that means that we'll get to take baby home in October. This breeder offers training while they're being raised, so we're thinking about having them do the initial 2 weeks of training (potty + crate) and we'll get baby at 8-9 weeks old, depending on its capacity to learn and when she starts its training. I'll update you all with the pictures we get.

We're filling out our application and putting our deposit down this week. Yay, its so exciting!!! :)

Catty1
07-11-2007, 08:49 PM
That is fantastic! Got any booklets on cats they could read? ;)

I hope your kitties are okay. Good to hear from you again. :)

NoahsMommy
07-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Thanks, Catty1! :)

Oddly enough, while my kitties aren't allowed to be in this house, a dog is. I'll have to teach this little pup what kitties actually ARE because I don't think they'll be getting one anytime this century. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
07-11-2007, 10:09 PM
*BUMP*

Edwina's Secretary
07-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Something warm and furry with which to cuddle.....

That'll do for now!

Congrats to you and the expectant family.....

NoahsMommy
07-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Something warm and furry with which to cuddle.....

That'll do for now!

Congrats to you and the expectant family.....

That's actually very true...I'll get to cuddle up with the pup/dog until I can cuddle up with my fuzzies. Good point. :) Thank you, Sara.

ramanth
07-11-2007, 11:54 PM
Congrats to your mom and step dad! I look forward to puppy pics. :)

crow_noir
07-12-2007, 01:32 AM
Wow, congrats on your good fortune, awesome "footwork", and educating your mom and step-dad!

Good luck on getting the pup.

Cataholic
07-12-2007, 10:58 AM
What ever happened to your cats, btw?

NoahsMommy
07-12-2007, 12:44 PM
What ever happened to your cats, btw?
Kittes are safe and well-looked after...I get to visit and get to take them back whenever I get back on my feet, thankfully. :)

David still has Micah and Noah - good for all parties involved. :) My good friend from my last job has Phoebe and Basie - its a quiet house and while they have full run of it, prefer Megan's room. They're happy and I get to visit whenever I want. :)

I can't wait for my life to get back to normal. I have a job interview today at 3:30...here's hoping that'll put me back on track to "normal" and getting my kitties back. :)

In the mean time (although, hopefully BEFORE then, October's a while away), I'll have a puppy to entertain me. ha ha :)