PDA

View Full Version : I Feel Like a Good Meowmy *3 pics*

Kalei
07-11-2007, 06:16 PM
I just got back about 10 mins ago from the vet and Kalypso got her first kitty vaccination. She is now 9 weeks old, I can't believe how fast the time goes :eek: Just last month when I got her she was only 5 weeks. I learned from the vet too that Whiskas seems to cause alot of UTI in cats, so I am thinking of changing to a better food. The vet sells a good called Science Hill's, I'm wondering if any of you ever heard of it. Here's a pic of there bag:

http://i10.tinypic.com/4tsov36.jpg

She is such a good kitty too, she is so well-behaved. I can go into a store holding her, and she will stay in my arms with no complaint for a half hour. At the vet she didn't even care that the vet was looking down her ear, she was actually purring lol, and she didn't even feel the needles which was good:) And he said that she is an extremely healthy kitten, and is going to be a very small cat (as is her mom), she is 9 and a half weeks old and only weighs 2 lbs 9 ounces.

Anyway after the vet she felt like playing:
http://i9.tinypic.com/50424h3.jpg

And about 60 second later:p
http://i8.tinypic.com/4yinxhz.jpg

She must have been mentally tired after all the vet stuff lol.

Anyways hope you enjoyed the couple of pics and I am so happy to be able to be so responsible for my kitty that I love like my child:)

Catty1
07-11-2007, 06:22 PM
She is now 9 months old

SCARED me until I read the rest of the post! WHEW!

She is just adorable. Does her Unca Bobo groom her?

Also, is Bobo quieter at night now?

You are SUCH a good meowmy to both kitties, especially 'your' baby! :)

cassiesmom
07-11-2007, 06:30 PM
http://i8.tinypic.com/4yinxhz.jpg

Look at the smile on Kalypso's face! Maybe she was dreaming of tuna. *Smooch for Kaly *Smooch for Bobo too

catmandu
07-11-2007, 06:31 PM
The Food Paradise Cats Love Thierscience Diet And You Certainly Can Not Go Wrong In Helping Calypso Grow Into A Cat. I Would Try Royal Canin Kitten Too Which Is Normally In Promotionally Priced Bags.
And We Have Known For A Long Time What A Good Meowmie You Are.

Kalei
07-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Haha Thanks catty, I'm sorry I scared you, I went back and edited the post lol. And Yes ever since the medicine for UTI Bobo doesn't say a word at night anymore unless its me he wants attention from lol:D Now Dad isn't so angry at him:p

3muttsandaboston
07-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Actually science diet sucks...A good food is authority kitten sold at petsmart. My kittens do very well on it and it has awesome ingredients! Your kitten is adorable by the way!

kt_luvs_kitties
07-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Kippy is adorable! I am glad that you love her so much, and take care of her so well. Taking on such a responsibility is hard work, but SO worth it.

I dont like Science Diet. I used it for about a year, but my cats started vomitting constantly. Their hair was always dry and flakey. I switched, and their health is great. No vomit, no more dry fur.

I think that a great food is Innova EVO. It is for cats and kittens, and my cats LOVE it. It is just a tiny bit more expensive, but it is all natural, raw kibble. I trust it completely! Good Luck!

jazzcat
07-11-2007, 11:05 PM
She's so cute!!! I'm glad she did so well at the vet and is so healthy.

I've never used Science Diet but I fed Moxie and Decker Nutro Complete Care Kitten and Nutro Max Cat kitten. They did well on that. My vet recommended Pro Plan kitten but I never tried it. Now my vet recommends I feed all my guys Pro Plan because she said with the tainted food scare Purina's products were never involved and Pro Plan is good food. The sensitive skin and stomach formula has been great for Ripley.

Kfamr
07-11-2007, 11:27 PM
She is precious!

Science Diet is a lower quality food. Some foods to look into would be:
Natura Products (Innova, EVO, etc.. http://naturapet.com/)
Felidae (http://felidae.com/)

krazyaboutkatz
07-12-2007, 12:54 AM
She sure is a cutie pie and wee one too.:) I'm glad to hear that her vet visit went well. I've never used Science Diet but I used to feed mine Nutro Complete Care until Storm got sick.:(

Now with Starr's food allergies I've almost made the complete switch to Innova Evo wet and dry food. I'm still feeding some Felidae Chicken & Rice dry mixed in with Innova Evo to Sky, Pearl, and Ziggy. Sunny gets Innova Evo wet and dry mixed together but only wants to eat Storm's Prescription Royal Canin Urinary S/O as dry food.:rolleyes: Sky and Pearl also eat Innova Evo wet food. Ziggy still has to have Felidae Chicken & Rice wet food mixed with a little bit of Innova Evo or she won't eat it.:rolleyes: Storm eats all 3 wet foods mixed together with some more water or he won't eat his prescription canned food.:rolleyes: He will usually eat his presription dry food though. Starr only eats the Innova wet and dry food. My cats aren't spoiled are they.;)

Like Kay has suggested, if you can afford it then I'd start feeding her Natura Products. They may cost a bit more but you feed your cats less of them because they don't contain all of the fillers and other bad things that a lot of cat foods have in them.

Pawla
07-12-2007, 09:37 AM
She is such a DOLL! I always LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, looking at your pictures! I am truly enjoying watching her grow. You are a great Meowmie!

Kalei
07-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Thanks so much everyone:D Your wonderful comments mean alot, and I may not go with the science diet now, the majority of you say its not that great so I will go with that. But I do want to switch away from the Whiskas I know that much. The vet also said that Purina and Iams are a good brand, that he has had no problems with cats that eat from that food brand.

And I'm very glad that none of you are tired yet of pics of her, I"m glad you like seeing her:)

BC_MoM
07-12-2007, 12:04 PM
She is so sweet.. it looks like she is smiling in the last photo!! :)

Pawla
07-12-2007, 01:40 PM
And I'm very glad that none of you are tired yet of pics of her, I"m glad you like seeing her :)
How could anyone get tired of seeing such a cutie? I for one love Bobo pics as well.

Kalei
07-12-2007, 02:41 PM
How could anyone get tired of seeing such a cutie? I for one love Bobo pics as well.

Then I will have to post new Bobo pics soon as well:D I just don't get as many of him cause he's a little less photogenic lol, I think mainly because of his snotty problem, as in boogers hehe. But I will get some just for you!:D

Pawla
07-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Then I will have to post new Bobo pics soon as well:D I just don't get as many of him cause he's a little less photogenic lol, I think mainly because of his snotty problem, as in boogers hehe. But I will get some just for you!:D
THANKS! :D Ellie had eye boogers sometimes. :p

cassiesmom
07-12-2007, 06:00 PM

I love Bobo pics, too!

cassiesmom
07-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Kalei ... I hate to bother you again, but it's been almost a week since I've seen a new photo of Kalypso ... could I get a new one, please?

buttercup132
07-18-2007, 07:26 AM
The vet also said that Purina and Iams are a good brand :confused: I don't know why your vet is recommending those brands. Generally any brand you see commercials for on tv are bad and the foods you can find in grocery stores/walmarts.

I feed mine Praire. But I also recomend Royal Canin (sp?) I'll ad more as I think of them I for some reason can't think of anymore.
Look at the ingredients on the back, pretty much anything that starts with actual meat is good.

Your baby is getting so big!

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-18-2007, 08:41 AM
Awwwwwww, what a sweet litttle kitten she is!!! I could swear she is my Snoopy's twin sister:
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/snoop14.jpg