PDA

View Full Version : The fires in Utah?

Jadapit
07-10-2007, 09:36 PM
I know there are a lot of major fires going on in the state of Utah. They must be horrible, the smoke has traveled where we live, Colorado. The sky is so hazy and strange looking. Its been that way for days. I would imagine those of you in Utah are really affected by the smoke. I pray they get the fires under control soon. Its a shame when so much beauty is burned. :(

Riptide
07-10-2007, 09:56 PM
All the way to Colorado? :eek: The fires must be pretty bad then. Hope everyone is OK! We've had a few fires around here as well, most of them were in Southern California but there was one recently near Red Rock Canyon...the BLM had to round up close to 200 wild horses last week so that the fire wouldn't harm them.

AdoreMyDogs
07-10-2007, 10:17 PM
Oh goodness how scary :(

caseysmom
07-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Thanks for posting this I did not even know. Prayers for everyone in Utah.

Vela
07-11-2007, 04:55 AM
330,000 acres gone right now, fire 30% contained. A couple on a motorcycle was killed on the freeway when they couldn't see through the smoke, had to stop, and were struck by another car. It is indeed bad. Three more died in a field fire near their home, when they were overtaken by the fire while trying to run. God bless their families.

Hellow
07-11-2007, 10:56 AM
I am praying for everyone in UTAH. We had some fires in southern Georgia a while ago but they were put out by that tropical storm that passed over a few weeks or months ago.