PDA

View Full Version : (video) Handfeeding the Pleco - Dumbkin eats Zucchini

Blue_Frog
07-10-2007, 09:00 PM
I've been working the last few days on training my big pleco Dumbkin to come up to the surface and take the Zucchini and Cucumber (wedged on a spoon) from my hand. So far for about 5 days hes been doing it.

So, without further ado, heres a short video of what hes all about. The tapping at the beginning is me tapping on the glass to get his attention with the spoon. Sorry for the poor quality of the video, ill have to try again next time its Zucchini and Cucumber time.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n19/bluefrog_ca/Pets/th_DSCN6517.jpg (http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n19/bluefrog_ca/Pets/?action=view&current=DSCN6517.flv)

(Maltese_Love, this is what i was talking about :D)

Alysser
07-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Wow, Alison, that is SO cool and not to mention cute. :D He really likes to eat eh? lol thanks for sharing that video. It's truely amazing to me how you do these things.

Blue_Frog
07-11-2007, 08:52 AM

That fish has some issues. I gave him some pumpkin yesterday morning to try, and he tried it for a bit, and then kept swimming around it, headbutting it, but otherwise not really eating it. Yesterday evening, he still wasn't into it, so i gave him his usual zucc/cuc mix -- and woke up this morning and he'd eaten all the pumpkin that was left in the tank (after i threw the rest out :rolleyes:).

The BF says that the fish eat better than we do *lol*

Blue Dragonfly
08-04-2007, 01:15 AM
i loved the video, thanks for sharing. your fish looks really cheeky. it is so cute.

Kalei
08-25-2007, 10:56 AM
Oh wow, that makes me miss my Bob, your pleco looks so huge! And that is so amazing how he comes up to you for food:D I didn't know algae eaters liked cucumber, I will have to try that sometime:)

Do they like anything else weird too?

jennielynn1970
09-15-2007, 06:56 PM
That was an awesome video! What a gorgeous pleco he is!! Huge too!!! I loved having them when I had a tank at home. Never had one that big tho! I had no idea they liked veggies, it's really cool how he responds to you and will eat like that!