PDA

View Full Version : Storms hit NZ.....

carole
07-10-2007, 05:01 PM
We have been having some pretty awful weather lately, yesterday was particularly bad, blowing a gale here in my city and raining,but the top of the north Island,( i live further down), is in a state of emergency, without power and flooding is bad, my son's girlfriends family all live there including her elderly nana, so please give a thought for them all.

Auckland city was also hit rather hard and they were talking of closing the harbour bridge, two motorcyclists were blown off the bridge, not sure what the outcome there was, but did not sound good.

It is a sign of our times it appears, global warming is causing havoc worldwide, I know we are not the only ones in dire straits.

The weather is somewhat better here today and is hopefully going to improve, but up north i am not so sure of, they received like a months rain in one day,can you imagine.,scarey.

wombat2u2004
07-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Yeah Carole...........we copped it pretty bad over here on the mainland to.
Wom

carole
07-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Yeah i saw that as well,hope everyone is fine over there too and the weather improves hugely.,fingers and paws all crossed eh?

Jadapit
07-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Your sons girlfriends family will be in my thoughts. It sounds like awful weather. We are having extreme heat where we live, I don't remember it ever being this hot and no rain day after day.

My Aunt and Uncle's daughter did her student teaching in NZ. They showed me lots of pictures. You live in such a beautiful part of the world. :)

carole
07-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Thank you, yes i love my little piece of paradise :) ,hate seeing it torn up like this, it is awful the way the weather is changing worldwide and causing such havoc, i feel for everyone who is caught up in it all.

davidpizzica
07-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Carole, I'm so sorry to hear all of the bad weather you're having in NZ. My thoughts and prayers go out to your son's girlfriend's family that they are safe in this nasty weather and I pray that you and your family are safe, too. Pittsburgh is having the opposite weather, no rain for a while (maybe some rain tomorrow) and hot and humid with temperatures in the low 90s. It's hot here!

moosmom
07-10-2007, 06:25 PM
It's VERY humid in CT. We're getting one more day of it till it breaks on Thursday. I've been inside all day with my air on full blast. I can deal with heat, it's the humidity that makes me wilt.

captain
07-10-2007, 07:32 PM
We have had some funny weather here in Melbourne too Carole.
Not as bad as you Wom! Damn, you had terrible weather, although I was up in Sydney for the Rugby onthe weekend, and it was bewdiful!!!

Melbourne has had alot of rain, which with the past almost 10 year drought, was great. We live in a farm area, with muddy roads everywhere, so it is fun driving ...... :-)

Carole, my thoughts and prayers are with your family! I did not hear about the guys in Auckland. How tragic!

Pembroke_Corgi
07-10-2007, 07:49 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your bad weather! I hope things improve soon, I'll be keeping NZ in my thoughts.

carole
07-10-2007, 09:16 PM
We are fine here, we hardly got anything,thank goodness, amber's family are ok although her sister and husband are without water,phone and power until saturday, it is wed here,and a tree has blown across their driveway, and the doors to the garage are electric, so they cannot get their cars out, but everyone is ok, which is the main thing.

We need to mix each others weather, we give you some rain, and we shall have a bit of heat, quite chilly here today, but then it is winter, so what can one expect,seems funny thinking of you wilting over there Donna, and me sitting here not being able to get warm enough lol.

Thanks for the positive and kind thoughts ,they are always welcome.

crow_noir
07-11-2007, 01:31 AM
* HUGS * and other good vibes to NZ. Not sure what good my concern will do, but i had to share it.

One of my friends was there (On the North Island) for school earlier this year and made some very good friends. I have no way of contacting her to let her know about the storms because she just left a couple of days ago for the wilds of Alaska. She'll be gone for two or three months with no contact to the outside world.

carole
07-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Well good vibes and thoughts are always welcome in times of trouble, things have calmed down somewhat, infact it is a lovely day in Hamilton City today, but a cold wind is upon us, but brilliant sunshine,up north things are improving as well, but millions of dollars worth of damage, and i am sure they are not feeling as positive as I am about it all.