PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good buy??

M&M's Mommy
07-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Is this (http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/fur/369969749.html) a good buy??

Since we cannot afford any new furniture right now, we're considering buying this used bedroom set. The seller paid $2350 for it 3 years ago. She agreed to lower the price to $700. Do you guys think it a reasonable price for it?

Craftlady
07-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Very nice bedroom set. I think it's worth the money considering the size of each item and wood type.
Interesting to see in person the actual condition.

critter crazy
07-10-2007, 12:17 PM
I think it is a great deal. Looks great!!

Cataholic
07-10-2007, 12:28 PM
If you can't afford any new furniture right now, why would you buy ANY furniture right now? Dunno, think I would just sleep on a mattress/box spring and deal with things....$700 is alot of money. Well, to me, anyhow.

M&M's Mommy
07-10-2007, 12:54 PM
If you can't afford any new furniture right now, why would you buy ANY furniture right now? Dunno, think I would just sleep on a mattress/box spring and deal with things....$700 is alot of money. Well, to me, anyhow.

I've been sleeping on mattress/boxsprings for 6 years now :). Now that we have our home, we would like to at least have a bedroom set. My mother in law gave us her used sofa, and my bro-in-law gave us his used dinning set :D
So, the only thing we need to make it an all-furnished home is a bedroom set.

Anyway, yesterday night we came to the seller's house to check it out already. The set is in very good condition, except for a few minor scratches due to moving. We told them we would think about it, and let them know for sure if we're taking the set or not this morning --> my asking for advice/opinion from you guys :)

I think I'm gonna get it. I know $700 will set us back a lot for now, but hopefully in the long run, it'll pay off. I think of it as a one time investment because we probably won't be buying another set ever :)

CathyBogart
07-10-2007, 01:13 PM
I think it's lovely, and the price sounds pretty good. Go for it, you deserve it! I was so excited to get my bed frame after sleeping on a mattress on the floor forever. :)

jazzcat
07-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Looks like a nice set and probably a very good price if it is just 3 years old and not constructed of mostly fiberboard.

If you can afford that and you like it go for it! I can understand about wanting a bedroom set. We just bought our first set for our bedroom last year and we've been married for 16 years. We've had furniture but nothing matched. The dresser was from the inlaws, the chest from my family, my dad made the nightstands, the trunk at the foot of the bed was a wedding gift plus we had a bed frame but no headboard. Now I absolutely love my nice new dresser that doesn't drop the drawers on my toes and I'm thrilled that everthing matches.

king2005
07-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Thats pretty cheap for a nice looking set like that. 3yrs old isn't old at all... that stuf can last a long time, so I say go for it :D

lizbud
07-10-2007, 04:47 PM
I'd check it out in person first & if it's as good as it looks, I'd buy it for $700.00

carole
07-10-2007, 05:04 PM
I think it looks very classy and in good order, i have no idea of prices in the USA, so cannot comment, but it sure looks great to me, good luck, let us know what you decide.

wombat2u2004
07-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Looks really cool mate, and in mahogany to.
$700 is a good price.
I think you should get it.
Wom

joycenalex
07-10-2007, 08:02 PM
[QUOTE=M&M's Mommy]I've been sleeping on mattress/boxsprings for 6 years now :). Now that we have our home, we would like to at least have a bedroom set.
okay, time to get off the floor and into a bed. now about the new matress.... :D